Mustang v. Plaid

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Enough about EVs in a bad driver thread. Time to segue to.... religion!

Mathew 19:24 has been misinterpreted for centuries because nobody understood some of the words. So, they substituted another phrase that sounded logical.

A more accurate translation is: “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for an EV driver to enter into the kingdom of God.”
1667748889348.png
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete

Mathew 19:24 has been misinterpreted for centuries because nobody understood some of the words. So, they substituted another phrase that sounded logical.

A more accurate translation is: “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for an EV driver to enter into the kingdom of God.”
Cleared it right up for me.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Now you’ve got me wonderin’ again….

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Me thinks you over reach.....

I don't own a Tesla, but have many friends with them to include S/X/3, no Y's yet. All have been flawless, the 3 is pretty spartan and I find them odd, but they have great driving dynamics, and features. One friend has two. His wife has a long distance model, he has the performance. His wife was one of the first owners in VA (2017), and he bought one the next year (2018). Combined they have over 100K problem free miles. My brother in law just bought a performance model, has driven it from Austin TX to VA several times and the trip only took them 2 extra hours due to charging. My uncle has 2010 Model S that drives and looks as new. He just turned 100K and had some battery work recently. Was done at an independent shop that replaced a couple bad cells and the repair was a fraction of a new battery unit.

Universally problem free? Not at all, but the Market tells a different story than the thread you are weaving. Tesla is lightyears ahead of most of the other EV manufacturers. If I ever go for an EV it would have to be the Taycan or something similar.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tesla release their '2' model, and hoping it has a traditional gauge pack, is a 5 door hatch, and a more traditional grill/front. They should also do a Maverick style UTE based on the new 2 or existing 3 chassis.
We own a 3, the fit and finish is a joke.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Not that it's really worth explaining to you a$$holes, but one could throw "$100K at a (modded) Mustang" or one could throw "(an additional) $100K at a (stock) Mustang."

I merely wanted to clarify the point, because I found it an interesting and edifying comment. And with the Plaid at around $130-$140K, it really doesn't make a huge difference if we're talking $100K or $150K, it's still in the same ballpark.

So, yeah. F*ck you.
Classy.......

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

LOL, the Greek text refers to a real sewing needle and a real camel..... But I think the imagery could also be applied to the 'morally self righeous' EV/Prius drivers, maybe some BMW and GT350/500 drivers too :giggle::crackup:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Yes, if you throw $100K at a Mustang, you can beat a Plaid.
not going to argue the grammar, something much bigger was missed. You can have 2 modded GTs that run low 9/high 8s for less than a single Plaid. A V7JTB kit, a little suspension, and built trans will do it reliably all day long. Procharger, whipple, turbos, etc will all get you there as well. My GT was 38K TTL new out the door, that leaves me 27K to mod with in order to have two that are faster. If it was just one car, easily into the low 8s. Mine is hopefully headed that direction, and the price will still be significantly less than 130K.

It is impressive what the Plaid can do off the floor, there are other impressive cars in that price range as well.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Classy.......
I think @wynand32 overreacted to a couple of posts on page 1. He’s had a rough couple of days so I’m going to cut him some slack. But yeah, we could do with a little less cussing.
Yeah, I apologize for losing my cool. I didn't take well to being told I have reading comprehension problems in asking for a simple clarification and should go back to elementary school. I shouldn't have sworn, but the comment I was responding to was incredibly insulting and inappropriate.

EDIT: actually, looks like the comment I was responding to was deleted. So, yeah, I look like a complete tool thanks to the lack of context.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I apologize for losing my cool. I didn't take well to being told I have reading comprehension problems in asking for a simple clarification and should go back to elementary school. I shouldn't have sworn, but the comment I was responding to was incredibly insulting and inappropriate.

EDIT: actually, looks like the comment I was responding to was deleted. So, yeah, I look like a complete tool thanks to the lack of context.
We've all been there... No
worries bro.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
@Bikeman315 you change your pronouns again without telling us? Or maybe no trees to hug in the immediate perimeter. Get ahold of yourself.

Great video, OP.

And for the fools who think it's hard or expensive to build a 900+hp/9 second coyote Mustang -- Add $10-15k to the price of your car if you are handy in the garage and you can build one of the 9 second beasts shown in the video -- and you can keep your A/C and every single creature comfort the car came with -- Hardly a "race" car.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Arguing whether a Tesla is or isn't a better racer than a Mustang is like arguing whether Angela Merkel cooks and irons shirts better or faster than Charlize Theron. Who cares? If given a choice, it's still Charlize that most normal men would pick, even if it meant they'd have to order pizza and to wear wrinkled shirts for the rest of their lives.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Best practice is to always quote anything you respond to. Several good reasons, including nobody wondering what you're talking about. One of my favorite things is if someone posts a simple "I couldn't agree more" after one of my posts, I edit my post to say "Hitler was the best!"

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Arguing whether a Tesla is or isn't a better racer than a Mustang is like arguing whether Angela Merkel cooks and irons shirts better or faster than Charlize Theron. Who cares? If given a choice, it's still Charlize that most normal men would pick, even if it meant they'd have to order pizza and to wear wrinkled shirts for the rest of their lives.
1667829293612.jpeg
Sponsored