Sponsored

Mustang pics without rear diffuser?

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
So from my understanding of the order guide, only the EB premium and GT premium will have rear diffusers. So far I've seen no photos of the '15 without a diffuser. Anyone know of any? Thanks.
Sponsored

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
from what I've read - the difference is mainly in color. I think all models have a rear diffuser, the base come in the body color, and the premiums come in black.

OP
OP
MUSThavaSTANG

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
from what I've read - the difference is mainly in color. I think all models have a rear diffuser, the base come in the body color, and the premiums come in black.
Then I wonder why the order guide just mentions Rear Diffuser and no reference to its color. Also nothing about it on the V6 or other base models, only Premiums. Hope you're right.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
The Premium gets this Combination Black and Painted Rear Bumper/Diffuser with the "Fins" in between the Exhaust and Back Up Lamp.

While All Base Models V-6, Eco-Boost and GT get this One Piece Monochomatic Look. I guess Ford doesn't define this as a "Diffuser" because it lacks the "Fins".

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
There isn't a lot of information about it - I just went back to the thread I was vaguely remembering and the conversation was the difference in color between the premium diffuser and Performance Pack diffuser.

I guess only time will tell - maybe you can get some information from the leaked build and price photos here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/convertible-prices-2014.html

[edit] Or just listen to Tampa :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
MUSThavaSTANG

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Ahh, thanks for the info, Tampa. Think I prefer the base version, actually.
Are those blinkers just above the exhaust?

OP
OP
MUSThavaSTANG

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
There isn't a lot of information about it - I just went back to the thread I was vaguely remembering and the conversation was the difference in color between the premium diffuser and Performance Pack diffuser.

I guess only time will tell - maybe you can get some information from the leaked build and price photos here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/convertible-prices-2014.html

[edit] Or just listen to Tampa :)
Well I checked the order guide again and didn't see any mention of the diffuser in the PP for either the EB or GT so I think Tampa has it right.

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Not blinkers. They don't even light up. They're just reflectors. The ones around the side of the rear bumper do light up though.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe

No problem MUSThave, Yeah, as Pakman posted, those are just Reflectors above the Exhaust, just like the 13 & 14's had. My Issue with the Base Bumper/Diffuser is that the Black from the Side Blades/Sills and Front Splitter doesn't carry through to the rear so it looks Out of Place to Me. In My Opinion it looks like the Rear Bumper was Re-Sprayed by a Cheap Bodyshop that didn't Mask Off the Diffuser section and just Sprayed it All One Color. Especially since it has that Lip that sticks out from the bottom edge along the sides and is also a very noticable Ridge that continues across the Rear Bumper between the Bumper Face and Diffuser Area.

OP
OP
MUSThavaSTANG

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
No problem MUSThave, Yeah, as Pakman posted, those are just Reflectors above the Exhaust, just like the 13 & 14's had. My Issue with the Base Bumper/Diffuser is that the Black from the Side Blades/Sills and Front Splitter doesn't carry through to the rear so it looks Out of Place to Me. In My Opinion it looks like the Rear Bumper was Re-Sprayed by a Cheap Bodyshop that didn't Mask Off the Diffuser section and just Sprayed it All One Color. Especially since it has that Lip that sticks out from the bottom edge along the sides and is also a very noticable Ridge that continues across the Rear Bumper between the Bumper Face and Diffuser Area.

I see what you mean. Fortunately that won't really be an issue for me as I plan to get either Black or Guard.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
I should buy stock in plasti-dip as you know everyone will be coating that section when the cars come out.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
So it'll take about an hour to make a base car look like a Premium with Plasti-Dip, at least in that respect!

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
It's the color/black/color that I don't like. I think i'm going to get the premium, then spray the diffuser black.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
It's the color/black/color that I don't like. I think i'm going to get the premium, then spray the diffuser black.
Ha! I'm totally opposite. I think the color / black / color makes it look much more finished and higher priced. :thumbsup:
Sponsored