MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Hi,
Well the only right hand drive mustangs available were the initial 600 or so ecoboost's which were all 50th edition models.
After those sold out, we were left with the option of importing the cars from the US or Canada which are left hand drive. In addition, those who wanted a GT or a 2016+ have to import.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Faceme

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs are SO pricey in Japan as they charge taxes based on engine displacement Isn't it?
Yes they are very pricey. I payed 48k for a used 2016 GT. LOL
Plus we have an emissions tax every year which costs me 800USD

OP
OP
Faceme

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Very cool! I have a friend who lives outside Yokohama with a 03 Cobra he's had for at least 10 years now. When I visited Japan in 2018 and met up with him at Daikoku it felt like home followed me to Japan hearing that 4v Modular rumbling around.

What prefecture was this in? I'll have to share this thread with him and see if he knew about this, I'm sure he knows of this group.

This was us one Sunday morning, I had the Stagea Autech 260RS as a rental. Fun car to drive and quick with the RB26 but since his Cobra is nearing 500rwhp I had to really slam gears to attempt to keep up with him on the bayshore route

i-sZkWxNP-X4.jpg

i-GQSdLBx-X4.jpg
Sorry for the late reply,
This was in Shiga prefecture, but the event is held in a different prefecture every year.
The club name is MOCJ (mustang owners club Japan) and we have over 300 members from all througout Japan.
If your friend is interested he is more than welcome to join!

Last edited:

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hi Ryan!
Thanks for the pictures!!! Was super happy to see you posted a pic of my car too! We had our little baby with us, so I couldn’t really take many pictures. Great event!!! Thanks again!

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys, we had a big event in Japan.
Just some pics for you guys to enjoy.

i can post more ! :)

Arigatou!!
This is the coolest post on the forum. I grew up on JDM cars so seeing their style on Mustangs is always awesome. And the Comp Orange roller is fantastic. I definitely had the JDM influence on my car with the Work Emotions and wide/low stance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Faceme

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
This is the coolest post on the forum. I grew up on JDM cars so seeing their style on Mustangs is always awesome. And the Comp Orange roller is fantastic. I definitely had the JDM influence on my car with the Work Emotions and wide/low stance.
Thank you for the compliment, ill let him know! Yeah the comp orange car is a real stunner. The owner wants the car to have some jdm styling all the while maintaining the "american" look. A nice blend i think.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Hi,
Well the only right hand drive mustangs available were the initial 600 or so ecoboost's which were all 50th edition models.
After those sold out, we were left with the option of importing the cars from the US or Canada which are left hand drive. In addition, those who wanted a GT or a 2016+ have to import.
Why is importing from UK or Australia not an option @Faceme ?

I guess it could be cost. The retail price for a new auto GT coupe is into the AU$70,000 region. That’s more than US$100,000. A good used one would be around AU$45,000, roughly.

But at least you would be driving your car from the correct side of the car.

OP
OP
Faceme

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Why is importing from UK or Australia not an option @Faceme ?

I guess it could be cost. The retail price for a new auto GT coupe is into the AU$70,000 region. That’s more than US$100,000. A good used one would be around AU$45,000, roughly.

But at least you would be driving your car from the correct side of the car.
A big reason like you said is cost. Its just cheaper to buy and import from the US, rather than a buy a car imported to Europe and conifugured right hand drvie, and then import that car again to Japan.

Also, left hand drive is kind of the "in" thing here. Alot of american car fans refuse to buy the right hand drive, instead opting for the traditional USDM left hand drive models. I also prefer the left hand drive models, feels more nostalgic and special.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Sorry for the late reply,
This was in Shiga prefecture, but the event is held in a different prefecture every year.
The club name is MOCJ (mustang owners club Japan) and we have over 300 members from all througout Japan.
If your friend is interested he is more than welcome to join!
Yall ever consider an event at Ebisu? Maybe with an additional drive over to the Bridgetstone Proving Grounds in Tochigi for a photo op?
I miss Japan sooo much..

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Very cool! I have a friend who lives outside Yokohama with a 03 Cobra he's had for at least 10 years now. When I visited Japan in 2018 and met up with him at Daikoku it felt like home followed me to Japan hearing that 4v Modular rumbling around.

What prefecture was this in? I'll have to share this thread with him and see if he knew about this, I'm sure he knows of this group.

This was us one Sunday morning, I had the Stagea Autech 260RS as a rental. Fun car to drive and quick with the RB26 but since his Cobra is nearing 500rwhp I had to really slam gears to attempt to keep up with him on the bayshore route

i-sZkWxNP-X4.jpg

i-GQSdLBx-X4.jpg
ha, I saw this car when I was over in January for the Tokyo Auto Salon this year and then the week after it we went to the Daikoku Supercar Sunday event. Some unbelievable cars being driven on the road out there, just walking round them was a pleasure and the owners were all so open and friendly. Just a stunning event to be part of.
Daikoku.jpg
Sponsored