Sponsored

Mustang Migration to Oz

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
Congrats everyone who is on Salome. Latest numbers below.

:headbang:
MustangFileat14012017.jpg
Sponsored

Nelgy748

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus and FC Holden
Just checked and my GT is on the Salome and getting off in Port Kembla
It's funny , mine says Melbourne but I live in Sydney lol

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
My little app downloads VIN's and Booking numbers to Excel so I have been dropping some into Cotus to see if I can pick a trend.

This what I can see so far (only entered about 10 VIN's across 5 different bookings spread)

Bear in mind that all of these vehicles have been assigned to Salome.

1. Cotus has all these cars still In Transit (so, if like me, you have been refreshing Cotus each day don't bother once status is In Transit, rather go to WWL website)
2. It appears that cars on Salome were built across a 2 week period - late Nov to mid Dec

Anyone built in that period or before not assigned a boat yet?

My thinking is that if there aren't any left behind then we might be catching up and lead time between production and ship are narrowing.

Gavin k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
My little app downloads VIN's and Booking numbers to Excel so I have been dropping some into Cotus to see if I can pick a trend.

This what I can see so far (only entered about 10 VIN's across 5 different bookings spread)

1. Cotus has all these cars still In Transit (so, if like me, you have been refreshing Cotus each day don't bother once status is In Transit, rather go to WWL website)
2. It appears that cars on Salome were built across a 2 week period - late Nov to mid Dec

My thinking is that if there aren't any left behind then we might be catching up and lead time between production and ship are narrowing.
I am not sure about that. I have been looking out for my shipping details for weeks and there have been mustangs built after mine already on ships on there way.

Sponsored

Bane73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my GT Mustang
Mine built 21/12 nothing either on ww

fordwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon XR6 Turbo with Mustang GT on order

It would be good if there was a way you could scrape the build date on COTUS and compare with ship assignments. Currently I worked out that once the car has made it to the port it was around 6 weeks before being assigned a ship, although I think Christmas might have skewed wait times a bit so maybe this timing will reduce now.

PPL374

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Due April 2017)
My dads was built 15/12 and still not assigned a ship.

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
I ordered mine 29/12/16, is there any way I can get the refreshed model? Or can I request for one?

Sponsored

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 (Ordered), FG XR6, Ford Territory
I was in my dealers yesterday signing a new contract as I had changed the colour from my original order. The sales manager told me 2 people had been in today to change their order to a 2018 model.

So, it seems like it can be done.

I wasn't tempted. It's not a huge change and some of the new features are things that don't concern me.

Talk to your dealer I guess.

Last edited:

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
People actually want that monstrosity?!

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
I actually really like the new model.

But it is at least 12 months away from being here in Australia so after waiting 7 months already, I am not going to add another year to that wait!

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I ordered mine 29/12/16, is there any way I can get the refreshed model? Or can I request for one?
Yeah mate, you just tell them thats what you want and if they don't comply cancel the order. But they will comply.

Out of interest, what is it that draws you to this refresh model? Personally I dont like it mostly because the digital dash looses its heritage lines, and when the Australian ADR forces the hood vents to be deleted the front will be lacking what little style lines it has. But I respect that many will still go for it and should be able to enjoy it just as much as those before them. :thumbsup:

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Yeah mate, you just tell them thats what you want and if they don't comply cancel the order. But they will comply.

Out of interest, what is it that draws you to this refresh model? Personally I dont like it mostly because the digital dash looses its heritage lines, and when the Australian ADR forces the hood vents to be deleted the front will be lacking what little style lines it has. But I respect that many will still go for it and should be able to enjoy it just as much as those before them. :thumbsup:
Maybe because I've always been into Japanese cars, and the front has the design cues that I've always been attracted to. And the missus also prefers the new look :paddle: :D
Sponsored