Mustang Migration to Oz

Robzz65

Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 coupe 2017 GT
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 8.28.15 am.png
Was checking the w&w website this morning as my car arrived in Baltimore on the 02/01/2017 and have been told mid March delivery so presumed the Figaro. Although my Vin is still showing 'No Records Found' so I decided to put part of my VIN in and see if any other cars have been allocated to the Figaro yet.

However when the results came up I have noticed that cars previously booked on the Salome to Melbourne are now coming up with Figaro in the ship details which doesn't seem right. Can any one explain this?

Just hope my 5 week wait doesn't turn into an 7-8 week wait as my car was built in October 2016 and still don't have it yet.
Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Was checking the w&w website this morning as my car arrived in Baltimore on the 02/01/2017 and have been told mid March delivery so presumed the Figaro. Although my Vin is still showing 'No Records Found' so I decided to put part of my VIN in and see if any other cars have been allocated to the Figaro yet.

However when the results came up I have noticed that cars previously booked on the Salome to Melbourne are now coming up with Figaro in the ship details which doesn't seem right. Can any one explain this?

Just hope my 5 week wait doesn't turn into an 7-8 week wait as my car was built in October 2016 and still don't have it yet.
Thats odd, mine is sitting on the Tysla which reached Auckland this morning and it was built on November 17 :shrug:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)

Unless you ordered a black roof? They sit for another two months at the factory.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
My car was built on 14th January. Deysha just told me it was loaded in a railcar last week, hasn't arrived at port yet. :shrug:

Looks like logistics is finding it hard to keep up with production. So there is still a bottleneck somewhere.
Based on that, I don't think I will be allocated a ship until 3rd week of Feb I guess. :tsk:

fordwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon XR6 Turbo with Mustang GT on order

I checked mine this morning as it was booked on the Salome and it has now been bumped to the Figaro (FML). It has now been sitting at Baltimore docks since 14th December 2016.

Sponsored

Robzz65

Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 coupe 2017 GT
Unless you ordered a black roof? They sit for another two months at the factory.
Yeah I ordered the black roof however went into another dealer here in Melbourne and they had a car in which was white with a black painted roof and he told me that car only took 4 weeks from after being built to getting allocated on a ship.

So the 2 month delay for the black painted roof as Ford has told me seems a bit excessive.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I ordered the black roof however went into another dealer here in Melbourne and they had a car in which was white with a black painted roof and he told me that car only took 4 weeks from after being built to getting allocated on a ship.

So the 2 month delay for the black painted roof as Ford has told me seems a bit excessive.
Ford dealers tell you anything they gues on the day. I have not yet been told anything that is accurate by the dealers. The train transpirtation is 2 weeks and then its up to 4 weeks for ship allocation and another 2-4 weeks for loading onto the allocated ship.

I would say the only thing that has caused delay is the black roof. I was reading somewhere on the US froum from a guy who wrks there that they park the black roof cars to one side for hand prepping and batch spraying. Apparantly this can take up to 8 weeks. So it would just depend how many black roofs are going through the production line.

Yours will look so cool with the black roof....worth the wait mate!

Nelgy748

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus and FC Holden
mines been bumped too. I'm a bit pissed hey, as mines been waiting at the docks since early December and there was cars made after mine that got in the Tiger. nothing unusual about my order either

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Here is the message from Deysha:

" Hello Kaps

Thank you for reaching out to me. I checked on your order and it was just loaded onto a railcar last week. It should ship out to the port soon. Have a nice day!

Deysha "

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
Morning, just got my coffee and will pull the Figaro numbers and cross check with Salome.

I don't like the implications of this - not with my car waiting

Sponsored

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
219 vehicles bound for Melbourne, Fremantle and Port Kembla moved from Salome to Figaro. No indication yet for Brisbane cars.

Looks like something wrong with Salome.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
mines been bumped too. I'm a bit pissed hey, as mines been waiting at the docks since early December and there was cars made after mine that got in the Tiger. nothing unusual about my order either
Then yours is one of these...somewhere in there litterally as these shots were taken late December
image.jpeg

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT

Nelgy748

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus and FC Holden
Then yours is one of these...somewhere in there litterally as these shots were taken late December
Looks like it will be sitting there a few weeks longer now...
Sponsored