Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

VinnyVicci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My fear as well. It felt kind of like the coupe is taking a back seat to the SUV.
Yep. That’s what I’m thinking. Next gen might have internal combustion engines but I think the mustang will be a cross over.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
My fear as well. It felt kind of like the coupe is taking a back seat to the SUV.
That's my worry as well... The coupe stays on the S550 platform for the foreseeable future with half hearted special editions being released but other then that no real updates.... The SUV is viewed as the future and when the time comes, they kill off the coupe...

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Dear God.... Do they really intend to charge people a subscription fee to use their "fordpass" charging network to... Wait for it.... PAY for charging???

Basically the fordpass network partners with charging station companies such as Electrify America and EVGo, etc... To provide a "seamless" way to charge without having to sign up for each individual company and pay with a credit card at the station (the payment is charged to your fordpass account)

So if that statement is true, you will have to pay Ford a subscription fee after those "two years complementary service" to have access to Fordpass to be able to pay per use for charging.......

Btw this is something Tesla's superchargers do FOR FREE.....
I have a friend with a Model3 and he has to pay for charging.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I really cant wait to see metallic grabber blue in person, I bet its going to be a beautiful color (talking about the paint) purely. Think it really is same shade but metallic?
I utterly hate that Ford is trying to make every color a metallic. I fucking hate metallics.

Sponsored

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6 speed manual, F-450 pickup, Jeep TJ. Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 2500
Just saw the reveal: This new thing looks like a smart phone that you sit in and go places to.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Looks Like a Pontiac Aztec. Ford you guys can keep it I no like:(

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well only car I see in my future is the Corvette C8 unless ford gets its act together. With this I see either the real mustang going twin turbo v6 or electric so I’m out for that. The camaro is on its way out. The challenger hasn’t had a major change in 11 years yet it’s still outselling the mustang but it’s also a pig with no handling.

guess the corvette C8 is the best option now to get into a V8 sports car.
yeah the split wing c8 is looking pretty badass now.
and for about he same price or maybe even cheaper than a fully optioned Mach-E, which would you buy?
Screenshot_1.png

VinnyVicci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If they put a coyote in that cross over, I’d look to get it. 400 whp awd suv, throw a whipple on it with the 10r80 and a manual option. I’d love it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I have a friend with a Model3 and he has to pay for charging.
You don't have to pay a subscription service to PAY for charging...

The way that line reads, you have to pay a monthly fee to ford to have access to Fordpass to then pay per use for charging.

Sponsored

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
yeah the split wing c8 is looking pretty badass now.
and for about he same price or maybe even cheaper than a fully optioned Mach-E, which would you buy?
Screenshot_1.png
I never though Id say this but the Corvette is looking very good now.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Camaro has been killed twice now. It's an icon as well to many people.
It really seems like the mustang II all over again... That's the last time Ford actually went through with making a mustang for "the modern era" and we all know how that turned out...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Wait.. whut?!?!?

You won’t need to pay or sign up for multiple charge networks. Ford gives you two years of complimentary access to the FordPass™ Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-drive charging.
  • Pay to charge your vehicle within the network using FordPass
All that this means is that instead of having to carry a ChargePoint card and an EVGo card and a Greenlots card and a ChargeAmerica card, you carry a FordPass and it will direct the appropriate payment to the appropriate charging network.
Sponsored