hlfbkd420

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 Supercharger, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
At least the Kia isn’t driven by hipsters. Nice looking car. Great warranty.

I wouldn’t buy a bmw or Audi ever. Lease would be better but still a waste of money.

Advertisement

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
At least the Kia isn’t driven by hipsters. Nice looking car. Great warranty.

I wouldn’t buy a bmw or Audi ever. Lease would be better but still a waste of money.
Those are not cars to own outside of a warranty. But that being said the way they underreport their power and make them easy to mod to high hp is very tempting.

Balr14

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible
Those are not cars to own outside of a warranty. But that being said the way they underreport their power and make them easy to mod to high hp is very tempting.
It is all about picking the right model and knowing what is needed, with BMW. They are more expensive to maintain, but will last for many years and still look and perform well. 200k miles is not unusual. A 2008 - 2012 335i, without a lot of options, is a great "drivers" car. It just feels right and does everything well.

I am 77 and don't drive much any more, so there's no point to having 3 cars, especially with a 2 car garage. So, I'll be selling my 335i and will miss it a lot! It makes my Mustang feel like driving a bus. Even at 10 years old, it looks better than my Mustang... much better fit, finish and paint quality.

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It is all about picking the right model and knowing what is needed, with BMW. They are more expensive to maintain, but will last for many years and still look and perform well. 200k miles is not unusual. A 2008 - 2012 335i, without a lot of options, is a great "drivers" car. It just feels right and does everything well.

I am 77 and don't drive much any more, so there's no point to having 3 cars, especially with a 2 car garage. So, I'll be selling my 335i and will miss it a lot! It makes my Mustang feel like driving a bus. Even at 10 years old, it looks better than my Mustang... much better fit, finish and paint quality.
My girl's son has a 2008 335i and it recently broke down. He scanned it and the scan produced 8 pages of codes... Fortunately he is knows how to rebuild an engine so he's pretty mechanical but even he had to forward me some of the codes to analyze them for him once he paired it down to a few tricky ones.

Balr14

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible
Plugs, coil packs and waste gates are the first things that come to mind. I also try to upgrade the cooling to reduce normal operating temperature, which is about 250 and isn't good for gaskets and seals over time. I can usually get mine to run around 220 with a better intercooler and radiator, along with generally moderate temperatures around here.

Last edited:

Topdown

Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Adding a 'Stang to the stable 2021 carbonised grey Gt 5.0 convertible. For the last 3 years ive had a Stinger GT(2), i pre-ordered before the launch.

Its going to be interesting comparing the two, whilst driving a demo 'stang i forgot about the handbrake a bit embarrassing. The noise of the V8 is a chart topper and the instant power is a winners. Tech wise they seem to be similar. Ill come back with review in a couple of months. Wife prefers the Mustang so far from the drive, the front view for short woman was a big tick. For a taller person the Stingers rear mirror is positioned badly.

Bulldog9

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
Alpha Romeo Gulia.

S550 HPP

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package

w3ab1ak91

Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I think they look cool, they are quick, but my personal gripes with them is the price is obsurd IMHO for a Kia. Kia still isn't the greatest quality vehicle, even the new ones still feel cheap to me. When I bought my STi I considered the Stinger, but didn't go for it because there was no manual option. Also it feels chincy and refined at the same time, weird to explain, but idk. Its a cool platform, but at the end of the day 50k for a Stinger GT... its still a KIA. Just like people paying over stock for Tellurides i just can't wrap my head around that.

hlfbkd420

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 Supercharger, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I've owned several Hyundia's/Kia's and the only one that was a POS was our used 2009 Genesis 4.6. It was a first year model and had tons of random electric gremlins that Hyundai could never fix..

1. Steering wheel would forget it drivers position. If you used the automatic feature that gave you more room to get in and out it would move to the most random places and then occasionally go out on you.. It literally lowered so far one day that it pinched my legs against the seat and wouldn't go up again.. Hyundai could never fix this no matter what they did so I turned it off.
2. Brakes went out on my wife twice. The pedal would go loose and straight to the floor. It was the ABS module that had already been replaced due to a recall. They said it was out of warranty and I had to fix it. I FINALLY got them to cover it under warranty when a rep on the phone realized that it was doing the same thing the recall was supposed to fix the first time.
3. Some box in the steering column went out and it wouldn't detect the key and the button wouldn't start it.. $1500 later..
4. Drivers seat was like the steering wheel.. It would forget it's position or move all the way forward/backward without stopping.. Then it wouldn't move again. Buttons were replaced, controllers were replaced, etc...
5. A/C stopped working under warranty.
6. Car was stuttering when I traded it. If you had the steering wheel turned, AC on and were braking, the steering wheel would briefly lock while you turning it and then immediately release. Then the car would start shivering like it was going to die..

Owned a 2003 Hyandai Tiberon V6 and it went 80k miles in the 18 months I owned it and it was great. Had hundreds of drag strip launches. Installed headers/intake/exhaust and it ran flawless. Car got a lot of looks at the time cause it was new and nice looking. People were very surprised it was a Hyundi.

Wife owned a 2000ish Sonata that had 200,000 miles on it when I totaled it twice in two weeks. Never had an issue with that one either. :(

Currently own a 2015 Sorento XL which is really nice but it has some random issues too. AC went out under warranty and the leather is getting worn on the seats.. Sun roof doesn't seem like it wants to close either sometimes.. Still has it's power train warranty which is good considering it only has 60,000 miles on it..

The Stinger is the only car either makes anymore that I am interested in. Genesis no longer look that great and I need a truck anyway.. My wife rode in the Stinger when Ubering and she said the backseat sucked. Felt like the roof was too low if she sat up straight. Not good when she's complaining about it :)

Topdown

Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Ill let you know in 2 weeks got the Stinger the Gt 5.0 is on its way to the dealer. The Stinger has been pretty faultless over 3 years.

Louis-Stang

Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
GT500
With the arrival of my daughter and living in Canada I've decided to sell my mustang and get something with 4 doors and AWD. Any thoughts on the Kia Stinger? Looks like a good deal, especially here in Canada
Excellent vehicle. Owned one for a year before I traded it in to get a GT500. It’s very nice looking and handles very well. The sport back gives you as much trunk space as a small SUV.

IPOGT

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang FP/GT 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400
I think they look cool, they are quick, but my personal gripes with them is the price is obsurd IMHO for a Kia. Kia still isn't the greatest quality vehicle, even the new ones still feel cheap to me. When I bought my STi I considered the Stinger, but didn't go for it because there was no manual option. Also it feels chincy and refined at the same time, weird to explain, but idk. Its a cool platform, but at the end of the day 50k for a Stinger GT... its still a KIA. Just like people paying over stock for Tellurides i just can't wrap my head around that.
I too notice that element of crappiness even in the Genesis models. Bordering on gaudy, they seem like they try too hard to be fancy but it ends up executed I n a weird inept manner.

Advertisement

89 - Solo Performance - 1

Advertisement