Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
Says who? For well under 30 grand (that was brand new), it runs on par with stock stinger (with 93 tune @ 12.7's @ 108), pulls over well into the .9 G's on street and over 1G in longer sweepers on a road course (with only sway bars and same 4SPS's that Stinger comes with), has comfy adjustable suspension for street or track (that Stingers don't get until you spend 50 grand). The best part is the engine was designed for durability in a half ton pickup. There is no question the Fusion has the better engine that will take more abuse.

So while the Stinger might be the better overall car at 10/10th's (which no sane person does on the street), the fusion gets you 90% of the Stinger for a street car, for way less money.

And the Stinger interior, all I can say is UGH!!!!!!!

screenshot_20210712-051000-png.png

The stupid speaker covers, from the voice box on the desk in the original Charlies Angles, pretty horrible.

tent%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2013%2F12%2Fcharlie-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Vents stolen from a 66 mustang under dash AC

s-l1600.jpg

Center square silver buttons came straight out of many 80's NIssan/Toyota

2b.jpg

Button arrangement below that (with 2 knobs on each side), reminds me of classic bronco AM radio (maybe that is complementary to the Bronco, who knows)

1966-77_Ford_Bronco_SCP-09_1024x1024.jpg

Front edge of center console bin cover looks like the front edge of one of those cushy toilet seats.

a04c-eee204462048.2ec7ac8ffde740a910c106ffdb634acb.jpg

Could go all day. Miss-mosh of all kinds of stuff that none of it by themselves look all that great, but combined is just horrendous............
I like, have owned, and driven both. Yes, the Ford Fusion will get you similar performance with a tune (unless you also tune the Stinger). Interior-wise, there is just no difference between the Fusion and the Stinger. The Stinger is way ahead of the Fusion and by far. The engine on the Stinger is also bullet-proof and quite conservative in its performance numbers too. To each its own though.
Sponsored

mfk2910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farouk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Says who? For well under 30 grand (that was brand new), it runs on par with stock stinger (with 93 tune @ 12.7's @ 108), pulls over well into the .9 G's on street and over 1G in longer sweepers on a road course (with only sway bars and same 4SPS's that Stinger comes with), has comfy adjustable suspension for street or track (that Stingers don't get until you spend 50 grand). The best part is the engine was designed for durability in a half ton pickup. There is no question the Fusion has the better engine that will take more abuse.

So while the Stinger might be the better overall car at 10/10th's (which no sane person does on the street), the fusion gets you 90% of the Stinger for a street car, for way less money.

And the Stinger interior, all I can say is UGH!!!!!!!

screenshot_20210712-051000-png.png

The stupid speaker covers, from the voice box on the desk in the original Charlies Angles, pretty horrible.

tent%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2013%2F12%2Fcharlie-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Vents stolen from a 66 mustang under dash AC

s-l1600.jpg

Center square silver buttons came straight out of many 80's NIssan/Toyota

2b.jpg

Button arrangement below that (with 2 knobs on each side), reminds me of classic bronco AM radio (maybe that is complementary to the Bronco, who knows)

1966-77_Ford_Bronco_SCP-09_1024x1024.jpg

Front edge of center console bin cover looks like the front edge of one of those cushy toilet seats.

a04c-eee204462048.2ec7ac8ffde740a910c106ffdb634acb.jpg

Could go all day. Miss-mosh of all kinds of stuff that none of it by themselves look all that great, but combined is just horrendous............
I Understand your point. It's still a fusion though. There is a huge con when it comes to fwd cars they are ugly by nature. The front looks hideous compared to rwd which have a sleeker profile. So while I get it the fusion might be better bang for the buck but it lacks the major rwd advantage of looking sexier. So far only Mercedes new CLa is the best looking fwd car Ive seen otherwise you can spot fwd cars miles away with they chunky front fenders and the front wheels so far from the front bumper.