Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Months in and “Dork Horse” still cracks me up 😂

Wonder how many people will remove the hood stripes… yikes. They’re just awful.
Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Finding a Mustang GT is a different thing than trying to find a 500 was.
I'm pretty sure my point about looking on the internet still stands.
Nobody is really stuck with their local dealer's markup, and shopping around doesn't take travel or listening to a long-winded salesman, like it used to.

When a dealer has a ridiculous ADM, and a dealer in the next county has a lower ADM, that first dealer is counting on customers to be too dumb or too lazy to shop around. If someone walks in and proves them right, maybe they deserve to be gouged.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I'm pretty sure my point about looking on the internet still stands.
Nobody is really stuck with their local dealer's markup, and shopping around doesn't take travel or listening to a long-winded salesman, like it used to.

When a dealer has a ridiculous ADM, and a dealer in the next county has a lower ADM, that first dealer is counting on customers to be too dumb or too lazy to shop around. If someone walks in and proves them right, maybe they deserve to be gouged.
I’d completely agree with you. When I was shopping for my car markups ranged from $2500-$30,000 throughout the state. I used a combination of internet searching and phone calls to find a car in Illinois at msrp. Though I had to pay to ship it back to CA it was by far still much less than paying a silly markup. Additionally I always find it interesting that those willing to pay the markup will always pay more to keep their car, firstly through extra money on taxes of the markup itself then annually through higher registration due to a higher sales price

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Well.....if you still buy one after watching this, you're a fing retard. These cars are crap. Pure garbage. Junk. The Dark Horse doesn't even make 420 RWHP, and only 369 RWTQ. That's pathetic.

Last edited:

Tones GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2021 FJG Mach 1
Well.....if you still buy one after watching this, you're a fing retard. These cars are crap. Pure garbage. Junk. The Dark Horse doesn't even make 420 RWHP, and only 369 RWTQ. That's pathetic.

You would think that Ford would have come out of the gate with Gunz Blazing for their "New Nameplate". The Darkhorse, besides being a ridiculously dumb name, is turning out to be nothing more then an overpriced, overweight, over-hyped, under-powered (500 my ass), lame pony.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Darkhorse, besides being a ridiculously dumb name, is turning out to be nothing more then
But Madison Ave and focus groups swore every Camaro, challenger and recent mustang owner would buy it because 500hp. And iPod. Da youts weren't buying mustang because needle gauges - hell they can't even tell time with an analog watch. And no video screen.

They checked all the boxes. Pat themselves on the back, job well done. The future is assured.

Watch the units sold crash to half of 2022

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well, if UAW decides to strike, those ADM’s aren’t going anywhere since production will grind to a halt. Wouldn’t be surprised if the GT and Eco start getting the ADM treatment too if it’s a prolonged strike.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL I guarantee you if you showed up with MSRP in cash money, they would accept right away.
No they wouldn’t. This isn’t 1980. Cash give zero incentive for the dealer to sell. They get points on loans which means kickbacks. Accepting cash takes that away. You’re more likely to negotiate a few if you agree to finance with their preferred lender.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It’s funny watching people still bitch about ADM like anyone is forcing them to buy these cars. Last time I check the “S” in MSRP stands for “Suggested”.
It’s called capitalism and it’s the greatest form of economy existence on earth. If the “Dork Horse” isn’t worth to you what a dealer is asking, shop somewhere else. The market will adjust.

Edit: I fat fingered the definition of MSRP, corrected 🤣

Last edited:

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No they wouldn’t. This isn’t 1980. Cash give zero incentive for the dealer to sell. They get points on loans which means kickbacks. Accepting cash takes that away. You’re more likely to negotiate a few if you agree to finance with their preferred lender.
Either way if you had cash to pay they lose out if you pay any long before the interest compounds, so they will lose even more if you negotiate a lower selling price.

It's up to them if they wanna gamble. I've done it several times, not recently, but I've negotiated a price for car, then paid the price with a check after we get a loan setup.

That's a double lose for a stealership. There are always cars to sell.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Either way if you had cash to pay they lose out if you pay any long before the interest compounds, so they will lose even more if you negotiate a lower selling price.

It's up to them if they wanna gamble. I've done it several times, not recently, but I've negotiated a price for car, then paid the price with a check after we get a loan setup.
That's a double lose for a stealership. Always take the sale.
That’s the gamble they play…but since most people are now smart enough to find out what they are approved for those dealers will typically match your preapproved rates to get you to go with them knowing that most people won’t waste their time trying to refinance with their bank just to stick it to the dealer.
You being able to pay off your loan with cash right away makes you the minority, not the majority. Dealers know this and they still make money, it’s in no way a “double lose”…that’s wishful thinking.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
At the annual Greater Pittsburgh Mustang Club show and the sponsoring dealer has a DH here. Maybe it’s the color but it is doing nothing for me. Would not trade my car for it even for the same payment.

IMG_6172.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is an interesting video for a few different reasons. 1) highlights that a good thorough inspection before taking delivery is key as there are a few paint issues on this car. 2) there are a few stickers stating that the vehicle can be tracked by law enforcement. That’s a fully networked vehicle for you, which leads me to believe this car will be very difficult to tune by 3rd parties with the exception of those that Ford has authorized. Those stickers make it clear to me that the car can and will phone home that it’s been tampered with.

Chicago Auto Pros is a local detail shop with a few locations. They’re on the pricier side but they do phenomenal work

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is an interesting video for a few different reasons. 1) highlights that a good thorough inspection before taking delivery is key as there are a few paint issues on this car. 2) there are a few stickers stating that the vehicle can be tracked by law enforcement. That’s a fully networked vehicle for you, which leads me to believe this car will be very difficult to tune by 3rd parties with the exception of those that Ford has authorized. Those stickers make it clear to me that the car can and will phone home that it’s been tampered with.

Chicago Auto Pros is a local detail shop with a few locations. They’re on the pricier side but they do phenomenal work

I watched that last night but thought before posting it - I didn’t want to look bitter towards the new model as it’s not getting much good news at the moment (and I’ve already posted others of its impressive dyno results) :frown:

Whilst we have seen all those defects on the 550, it’s a shame they are still happening and it’s shocking so many have appeared all on the same car … :shock: :facepalm: :curse:

WD :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I watched that last night but thought before posting it - I didn’t want to look bitter towards the new model as it’s not getting much good news at the moment (and I’ve already posted others of its impressive dyno results) :frown:

Whilst we have seen all those defects on the 550, it’s a shame they are still happening and it’s shocking so many have appeared all on the same car … :shock: :facepalm: :curse:

WD :like:
For the most part, I really like S650. But as you say, it’s disappointing that there’s still issues like these popping up on these cars. For the price of these cars, the DH in particular, I’d expect better fitment and paint. The air bubble and the wet sanding marks and the paint issues around the wheel wells would be unacceptable and I would not have taken delivery until they were corrected (or get it documented that there were factory defects that needed to be corrected at a time convenient to me).
Sponsored