Mustang Brake Recall

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Mine just went in for the Brake bracket replacement. I'll have it back later today. At least thats done before it heads into hibernation for the season.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Welp there is a delay, Good ole' ford sent the WRONG bracket! They sent a regular pedals and not the performance pedal bracket, How the F! do you do that?!?! Its based on VIN. So now I have to wait and see if they can get it by tomorrow, or I get to take the car back and wait for it to show up. Great Quality check there Ford, just wonderful :explode:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Welp there is a delay, Good ole' ford sent the WRONG bracket! They sent a regular pedals and not the performance pedal bracket, How the F! do you do that?!?! Its based on VIN. So now I have to wait and see if they can get it by tomorrow, or I get to take the car back and wait for it to show up. Great Quality check there Ford, just wonderful :explode:
Actually, your service guy decides what to order. My guy asked me which one I preferred as I had a choice. I told him I didn’t care as I will put my Shelby pedal on it anyway. “Whichever is faster” was my response.
He told me the assembly arrived yesterday. So I’ll see which one they shipped.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Actually, your service guy decides what to order. My guy asked me which one I preferred as I had a choice. I told him I didn’t care as I will put my Shelby pedal on it anyway. “Whichever is faster” was my response.
He told me the assembly arrived yesterday. So I’ll see which one they shipped.
Well he ordered it while I was there 2 weeks ago and it didnt give him a choice cause had it he would have asked me which one I had, he wouldn't have assumed.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I didn't think there were 2 choices for replacement GT500 brackets...

Shelby2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Whipple 2.9L, 2018 GT350, 2020 GT500 L0240
There is a Standard Pedal and a Sport Pedal Package.

6A780523-06F3-4ED2-9B9A-61E45E4CDF71.jpeg

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
There is a Standard Pedal and a Sport Pedal Package.

6A780523-06F3-4ED2-9B9A-61E45E4CDF71.jpeg
This is correct, but it reads the part is "VIN" Specific. Since all 2020 Shelbys have the Sports pedal I presume, the Vin should have determined that by default.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That's what I was getting at. There should only be one assembly specific to the GT500.

That said, I'd like to see both. You'd think the GT500 or "sport" pedal assembly would somehow be different beyond just the part number. Beefier ribbing, performance optimized geometry...something. Or maybe it is just a difference of something simple like the pedal cover.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was getting at. There should only be one assembly specific to the GT500.

That said, I'd like to see both. You'd think the GT500 or "sport" pedal assembly would somehow be different beyond just the part number. Beefier ribbing, performance optimized geometry...something. Or maybe it is just a difference of something simple like the pedal cover.
@Epiphany as for the difference that I know of is the pedals, sport has the metal pedals where "non-sport" does not.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

I am betting on the pedal pad and trim.

Leaafy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gr 5.0
Does anyone know or want to guess when people outside of US might recieve the change of the brake?
ordered my Mustang 2 months ago but my Ford dealer wont deliver it due to the recall and cant say when i might recieve my car... i just dont wanna wait another 2 dang months for my dream car...
currently based in Sweden.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Does anyone know or want to guess when people outside of US might recieve the change of the brake?
ordered my Mustang 2 months ago but my Ford dealer wont deliver it due to the recall and cant say when i might recieve my car... i just dont wanna wait another 2 dang months for my dream car...
currently based in Sweden.
NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to repair all vehicles. Part orders can
be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:

• Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract. <---- This is your order.

There is no reason your dealer can't order the parts and have your car finished in about a week.

Leaafy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gr 5.0
NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to repair all vehicles. Part orders can
be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:

• Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract. <---- This is your order.

There is no reason your dealer can't order the parts and have your car finished in about a week.
Alright then!
Thank you very much for the answer.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Has anyone had this happen?

I got back in from out of town, my brake recall letter has waiting for me. I called the dealer to setup an appointment I did that last Friday. This morning the dealer called and said they needed to inspect the car.

So has anyone had this happen?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Has anyone had this happen?

I got back in from out of town, my brake recall letter has waiting for me. I called the dealer to setup an appointment I did that last Friday. This morning the dealer called and said they needed to inspect the car.

So has anyone had this happen?
It's a 100 mile test drive to make sure you have a brake pedal bracket. They have to see if it breaks. :shock: