Mud Flaps - anybody use them ?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
https://zl1addons.com/products/copy...mustang-2015-2017-6th-gen?variant=30386015617

The website uses the same pictures for the standard and deluxe version, but the description says that the deluxe version is made from a thicker and more durable material, and that the edges are more rounded.
I have the standard version. They are very slim. But I like them. They are practically invisible, which is a lot of the reason for my purchase. And compared to the AM flaps, they are half the price. :thumbsup:

They are nice, but not sure if that are worth double the price of the ZL1 flaps. For me, you are paying a lot more money for a lillte horsey logo. :shrug:
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
sub'd for CPC pics

Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
anybody pick up the RPI design mud flaps? I am curious because it looks like the rears mount different then the other "block" methods.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
just received my ZL1Addons fronts and rears. I feel like an idiot, because it took me a solid 3 hours to get the fronts on. I had everything set up, I just couldn't get those damn plastic retaining clips in, I was surprised how much excessive force I needed to get them to click in properly.

I'm planning to install the rears tomorrow. I'm going to install the blocks directly onto the flaps, then install the whole assembly onto the car. Seems much easier than actually removing the rear wheels as per the instructions.

On a different note, I'm actually surprised how well the double-sided tape adheres.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
just received my ZL1Addons fronts and rears. I feel like an idiot, because it took me a solid 3 hours to get the fronts on. I had everything set up, I just couldn't get those damn plastic retaining clips in, I was surprised how much excessive force I needed to get them to click in properly.

I'm planning to install the rears tomorrow. I'm going to install the blocks directly onto the flaps, then install the whole assembly onto the car. Seems much easier than actually removing the rear wheels as per the instructions.

On a different note, I'm actually surprised how well the double-sided tape adheres.
Planning on doing mine soon so looking fwd to how that works for you Stripes.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I will be needing some, surprised how just 3 months with the more offset wheels really dotted tue sides in front of the back wheels. I wonder why its in front of the rear wheels but i guess the fronts and slinging it most.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I will be needing some, surprised how just 3 months with the more offset wheels really dotted tue sides in front of the back wheels. I wonder why its in front of the rear wheels but i guess the fronts and slinging it most.
Had the same problem and my car painter told me that where the body flares out to create the rear wheel arch, this chang of shape interrupts the air flow (and grit etc) along the body coming off the front tyres.
As a result the grit hits the body low down between the rear of the door and the front of the rear wheel arch causing the gravel rash.
Just got my RPI mudflaps put on the front 2 weeks ago so hopefully issue minimised. I didn't put the rear pair on at this stage as all the problem seems to come off the front (especially when the wheels are turning) according to my expert.

Aerodynamics!

you just can't beat it!

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Had the same problem and my car painter told me that where the body flares out to create the rear wheel arch, this chang of shape interrupts the air flow (and grit etc) along the body coming off the front tyres.

Well if you want to, you can clear wrap that particular area. I did and I'm a novice. It is the easiest part of the car to wrap as it is relatively flat. Just cut an edge that follows the door gap down to the bottom of the rocker. It inspired me to clear wrap other panels with not so spectacular results. Trust me it IS wrapped. I need to tidy up the top right corner a bit.
20170226_164759.jpg
20170226_164836.jpg

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
any particular reason you say the RPI do nothing? Are they less effective than the other options, or are all of them really just ineffective?

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
any particular reason you say the RPI do nothing? Are they less effective than the other options, or are all of them really just ineffective?
I can't speak for any other design. I had the RPIs and just got done repairing another hundred thousand stone chips since I installed them.
Sponsored