Sponsored

Mud Flaps - anybody use them ?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
They are! Just this past week - I did the fronts on Monday, and then I needed to get my new tires installed, so I put the rear on stands, pulled both wheels took them and the new tires to a tire shop and that killed two birds so to speak.

I'll post up some pics later today, but I've got to say, the fitment, install and final results are pretty terrific.

:cheers:
Pix or it didn't happen...:lol:
Sponsored

Tokki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS Lightning Blue
i hate the idea of putting mudflaps on a mustang.. but I'm about to lower my 2017 gt/cs and put on 25mm spacers. I know im going to cry when I see a bunch of chips on my brand new paint, so I'll be installing the ZL1 rock guards. I'll post pics when I can.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
i hate the idea of putting mudflaps on a mustang.. but I'm about to lower my 2017 gt/cs and put on 25mm spacers. I know im going to cry when I see a bunch of chips on my brand new paint, so I'll be installing the ZL1 rock guards. I'll post pics when I can.
Honestly if you are that worried about rock chips have something like the clear 3m rock guards put on your quarter panels. I did after I had rock chips even with mud flaps. Wish I would have just had it done to start with.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Honestly if you are that worried about rock chips have something like the clear 3m rock guards put on your quarter panels. I did after I had rock chips even with mud flaps. Wish I would have just had it done to start with.
I was wondering about 3m clear too. I'm surprised more people aren't doing that. Seems like a cheaper an more effective option. I'm going to get that priced out next week.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I was wondering about 3m clear too. I'm surprised more people aren't doing that. Seems like a cheaper an more effective option. I'm going to get that priced out next week.
Would be nice if there is a ready to order option. Install on such a small area is DIY-able...

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I think you are gonna find out that 25mm on the rear are gonna poke out 5mm. I just installed 20mm on mine (OE wheels) and I sit perfectly flush. As you, I am going to lower too. I haven't yet, but I have the springs. Just waiting for spring to do it. Maybe that will make difference with my "flush" wheels:shrug: Only time will tell..:)

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I had the Jaeger Brothers fronts and backs on my 2007 and they looked nice and lasted and looked new each time i cleaned them up. They lasted about 4 years until one of the rears fell off. I checked them each time i washed the car and they always seemed snug so im not sure what caused it to pop off.

Im glad this came up again as the MRR 350s come out much more even though they are the same tire size as stock.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I put the ZL1 fronts on about 3 weeks ago...I think they actually fit the car very nicely for rock guards. They also help keep the sides of the car cleaner during rain it seems. Hoping to get the rears installed in the next few days..its more of a process for sure.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just by the pic, they look bulky....:shrug:

I put the ZL1 fronts on about 3 weeks ago...I think they actually fit the car very nicely for rock guards. They also help keep the sides of the car cleaner during rain it seems. Hoping to get the rears installed in the next few days..its more of a process for sure.
I am in the same boat. Fronts been on since last summer. Rears are going on before I take my car out of storage. I think they are great. If you didn't know they were there, you probably would never notice them...:D Just what I wanted.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
ZL1's seem to be in transition according to their website. The 'old' style is no longer for sale?

I think the roadsports can be trimmed to the shorter mold line...but yeah, kind bulky.

Last edited:

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any suggestions on replacement mud guards that stay in place better? I had the American Muscle ones but somehow lost part of them (the driver's side). I don't really want to pay for another set since they are rather pricey.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I called ZL1 today and they said the new design will be thicker and the edges will have a radius on them, should be available in a week or so.