Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Anyone have the mpt 93 pxr tune with manual transmission ? If yes do you feel like the car is too jumpy and too harsh on downshift? I sent a datalog to mpt and they didn't change nothing they said everything seems ok
That's definitely not right at all. I would check and see if there is anything wrong on your end (vacuum leaks, run codes, etc.) and then tell them to look at it again. You paid for your 6 months of datalogging don't be afraid to use it. The factory tune should not have better driveability than an aftermarket tune.
Sponsored

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Well I came to my own conclusion and MPT is not for me ( my v6) I've gotten better driveability and gains on dyno tune I hAve also I'll be going to the drag strip this friday to see what my time is at? Mpt = 13.9 @ 104 mph I'll leave this here and post up my new time this weekend.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Must be having traction issues with only a 13.9 and a 104 trap speed. That should get you in the 13.6 range with a good launch

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Must be having traction issues with only a 13.9 and a 104 trap speed. That should get you in the 13.6 range with a good launch
Have you dynod your car with your current build? Does your car feel like it doesn't pull hard after a certain rpm/gear? Do you have 3.15 gears?

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Well I came to my own conclusion and MPT is not for me ( my v6) I've gotten better driveability and gains on dyno tune I hAve also I'll be going to the drag strip this friday to see what my time is at? Mpt = 13.9 @ 104 mph I'll leave this here and post up my new time this weekend.
I see you have 3.73s. I wonder what factor that has in your problem with the downshifts. Maybe what you're feeling is more pronounced engine braking on the downshift?

Sponsored

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
I see you have 3.73s. I wonder what factor that has in your problem with the downshifts. Maybe what you're feeling is more pronounced engine braking on the downshift?
My downshift with my dyno tune doesn't feelas harsh as my mpt tune

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So I sent my data log to MPT and it was determined that nothing was wrong despite having that rough idle captured. I physically felt the rough idle while data logging. To annoy me even more the next day the rough idle was gone. It seems like a really random thing. If it happens again I'll go back to stock and see what happens from there. Maybe worse come to worse and I'll try unleashed tunes.

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
So I sent my data log to MPT and it was determined that nothing was wrong despite having that rough idle captured. I physically felt the rough idle while data logging. To annoy me even more the next day the rough idle was gone. It seems like a really random thing. If it happens again I'll go back to stock and see what happens from there. Maybe worse come to worse and I'll try unleashed tunes.
Rough idling say like a ghost cam tune ?? What is the tune you are running on ?

JRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So a rough idle issue appeared and went away? What makes you think it is tune related?
I see a common issue on these forums, if you have a tune loaded, it is automatically assumed everything is related to the tune.
Cars are still mechanical machines with tons of variables. Things can change on the car that aren’t related to the tune.
Sounds to me like you had your log and tune reviewed and it was found to be normal.

OP
OP

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Try raising your iddle RPM to 700 using the tuner. I had a "rough idle" where the car would shake a bit in idle, and if you paid attention it would get shakier the lower the rpm. Raised it to 700 and gone... idk if that is what you mean by rough, if it is that, then raising it should work.

Sponsored

jayrx7trbo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Metallic V6 Auto
I dont have a tune & once in a while my cars idle drops or seems rough, almost like a mild cam in the car, usually stops when i rev it up... I odnt really giv eit any thought

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It only started happening when I used the 93 prx. It has happened twice in the past 2 weeks. My normal idle rpm is 750 so it isn't set low. My rpm would drop to 500 then go back to 750. It is really weird since it has only happened two times on separate drives (the entire duration of those drives). Don't really know what else it could be since the only change recently was the tune. Before that all I have added were stock gt exhaust, jtl oil separator and k&n drop-in air filter.

jayrx7trbo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Metallic V6 Auto
Just curious, can anoyone tell me how much there mpg went up with normal daily driving? i average around 18-18.5 city going back & forth to work, i dont drive hard, but put my foot down here and there. its not going to make or break me from buying, just was curious

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Try raising your iddle RPM to 700 using the tuner. I had a "rough idle" where the car would shake a bit in idle, and if you paid attention it would get shakier the lower the rpm. Raised it to 700 and gone... idk if that is what you mean by rough, if it is that, then raising it should work.
That's the whole point of him getting a tune so he will not have to mess with those settings. The idle should never be changed to cover-up underlying issues. If he is having idling issues, it is either a vacuum leak somewhere, faulty sensor/electronic related or his tune. Fuse let us know what happens when you upload your stock tune and go from there to see if it is tune related or not. It is better to do simple/proper diagnosing first before throwing $400+ on a throttle body he might not need. Lastly, if Fuse did capture that bad idle in a datalog that should have raised eyebrows and let them know to inform something is wrong on Fuse's end (in the case it was not MPT's fault). However, that is not case they are claiming datalogs show absolutely nothing is wrong (even something that was Fuse's fault or faulty equipment). Something is awry. My stock tune car does none of these things and power delivery is crisp and smooth. An aftermarket tune should behave the same way while adding even more driveability improvements.

Last edited:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I've gone back to the stock tune to see if it'll happen this time. Although I must say I don't mind the stock Drive but I love the tuned Sport mode. The stock sport mode is harsh with its shifting and engine braking. Hopefully nothing will happen and I can go back to 93prx.
Sponsored