MPT Tune Officially out

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Sorry I can't remember if you have the m6 or A6. Transmission But how is the throttle lag now that you are tuned . & if you are automatic did you change the shifting % if so how much

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I have the 93 PR-X in my V6 Auto and all I have to say is what throttle lag, did not change the shift % left it at what MPT has it set for

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Sorry I can't remember if you have the m6 or A6. Transmission But how is the throttle lag now that you are tuned . & if you are automatic did you change the shifting % if so how much
I have my shifting firmness set at 25% over factory for 2 1/2 years or 13,600 miles with no problems.

rlandon87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Manual 3.7
So with MPT 93x ... I'm running the lethal catless mid pipe. It says on the website that they will not program for emissions.

Does this mean they will not tune my car to run with the OR midpipe? And I won't be able to turn off the rear 02's? Or will they do both for me?

Sponsored

rlandon87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Manual 3.7
I know the first half of that - so now my question is what tune/tuner can I use to turn off the rear 02's?

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Placed the order earlier today for Dorothy:

MPT-[Mustang-37]-SCTX4-3xTunes-YesPre-Load 2015-16 Mustang 3.7 - SCT X4 7015 + Bundle w/ MPT Tunes
Please Choose an Option: Yes, add 3x MPT Tunes - $50.00
Skip the line - select an option (Click "?" for applicable vehicles): Yes, I want to skip the line and have tunes preloaded before being shipped. - $50.00
Heavy Mod Add-On: No Aftermarket Cams Injectors Maf or Engine Swap
$499.95 x 1
$499.95

Checked my order and USPS in possession of item

Just checked my delivery status and it says:
Out for Delivery!

Impressions coming soon!

Last edited:

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I need better brakes!

Since the west coast doesn't get 93 octane, I'm running the PRX91 tune.

In sport mode the tires chirp on the 1-2 shift! The auto doesn't down shift as much puttering around, and it shifts sooner which I like. Before in sport mode I would sometimes get the feeling the computer was confused at partial throttle. Now it really puts the power down! It's a lot smoother going from partial throttle to WOT, and the shifts are keeping the engine in the power band more.

I drove in D also and it feels more alive too, like it was sleepy before and now it's awake.

The engine is definitely putting a lot more power to the road, so much so, that it makes the stock suspension feel softer than before. I guess that's going to be next on my to do list.

In summary, this was a fantastic purchase, and I'm super impressed with MPT's changes. I highly recommend this tune for anyone that's on the fence.

Peace

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I can't get mine to chirp at all and I'm on 93prx with the shift pressure up

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you need better tires? What kind of tires are on your car?

Also, I find the shifts to be perfect from MPT, maybe you should try running their tune the way they sent it.

Also, my car was a rental in its first life, so it was driven hard from the get go. Maybe that's why she's so fast!

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I can chirp 1st to 2nd in sport mode if I pedal to the metal. Just don't do it when the road is wet. Goodyear all seasons suck in the wet. The rear end starts to come loose from a stop.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I have the Goodyear all seasons

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you need better tires? What kind of tires are on your car?

Also, I find the shifts to be perfect from MPT, maybe you should try running their tune the way they sent it.

Also, my car was a rental in its first life, so it was driven hard from the get go. Maybe that's why she's so fast!
***Update***

Shifting from Drive to Sport around slow corners (like downshifting from 3rd to 2nd in a manual) is a lot smoother. It's also smoother moving from Sport to Drive.

And...

Wholly sh@t! The paddle shifting! The manual pulls on the - and + paddles is super quick compared to stock!

Thank you again MPT! I pretty much would guarantee Ford would've sold even less Ecoboost Mustangs if customers got to experience this from the dealer for a lot less money! Lol

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Well that makes me feel better lol it definitely shifts hard enough that I feel like it should chirp ..... only chirp I get is the belt squeal shifting to 2nd wish I could figure that out
Sponsored