1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I am a car guy and I use to love to watch Car TV. That is til Velocity became Morortrend tv. It has now become nothing more then a Infomerical. Am I the only one that is tired of watching nothing more then a advertisement for products?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nope. But that's all there is, so what I do is record the few things worth watching, and just skip the endless commercials. Hey, do you know by any chance which network is broadcasting MotoGP races now? Thx.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I gave up on broadcast/cable TV long ago for that kind of thing.
I'm far more entertained and informed by watching the YouTubers who repair/restore/rebuild/review than any commercial source.

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
Car shows today are as you say just infomercials anymore. I will occasionally watch a few and then wonder why I even bothered.

Don

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am a car guy and I use to love to watch Car TV. That is til Velocity became Morortrend tv. It has now become nothing more then a Infomerical. Am I the only one that is tired of watching nothing more then a advertisement for products?
I think you just didn't realize that many of the shows are all ads in the past when you watched them. I skip ads and watch the good parts.

I think Hot Rod Garage is one of the better shows around. I even like Roadkill Garage. Graveyard cars is enjoyable to me. Car Fix I like and Detroit Muscle. Iron Resurrection.

But I mostly watch those shows online rather than on TV with the DVR. Oh I also like Engine Masters, Head to Head, Ignition. Too many to name, really.

Sponsored

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
I watch Motortrend almost every day. Yes there are a few shows where they are basically advertising products but I have learned stuff from them anyway. most others I find entertaining.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I think you just didn't realize that many of the shows are all ads in the past when you watched them. I skip ads and watch the good parts.

I think Hot Rod Garage is one of the better shows around. I even like Roadkill Garage. Graveyard cars is enjoyable to me. Car Fix I like and Detroit Muscle. Iron Resurrection.

But I mostly watch those shows online rather than on TV with the DVR. Oh I also like Engine Masters, Head to Head, Ignition. Too many to name, really.
For me; Graveyard WAS ok until Mark started running his mouth too much.
Also, running off everyone else.
I understand folk want their own show, but........ as far as the other shows.........

I also don't want to see old trucks, milk trucks or new vehicles customized......
They must have restored all the cars people had and now are taking
whatever junk people bring in

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
If you would like to see a really long infomercial car show just watch MY CLASSIC CAR, about 10 minutes of showing and discussing some real nice rides
and 20 minutes of commercials and doing fake interviews that are really just infomercials pushing current advertisers products , just a joke now, don't watch it anymore.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I enjoy the station, for me it's not so much about infomercials as it is poor programming decisions.

Kindig It, Iron Resurrection, GYC, etc are all very good shows, but instead of building on those they've given the Wheeler Dealer guys extra shows, which are awful. Waaay too much of the Memphis street racing stuff as well.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For me; Graveyard WAS ok until Mark started running his mouth too much.
Also, running off everyone else.
I understand folk want their own show, but........ as far as the other shows.........

I also don't want to see old trucks, milk trucks or new vehicles customized......
They must have restored all the cars people had and now are taking
whatever junk people bring in
I think Mark's appeal comes and goes for me. At first I hated the show because it seemed like he was just mean. But I watched off and on and later I started to get his humor a little more. I like how he mixes things up. I think some of the people he got rid of really needed to go.

I agree that some cars are less entertaining than others.. for me it depends on what they do and whether the people on the show are fun to listen to.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I enjoy the station, for me it's not so much about infomercials as it is poor programming decisions.

Kindig It, Iron Resurrection, GYC, etc are all very good shows, but instead of building on those they've given the Wheeler Dealer guys extra shows, which are awful. Waaay too much of the Memphis street racing stuff as well.
The Memphis racing might as well be called “Pinks”.... it’s an exact copy of the Pinks premise that was on years ago - but instead of the winner getting money, they also got the loser’s vehicle.

Besides what is being represented via “hollywoodesque” TV production and the drama acting, is really not true street racing... There’s no cops coming and blocking the highways or roads, no public interference, there’s no crowds lined up within inches of the drivers on both sides of the street, no one is getting busted with cars being towed away to impound and who the hell brings light poles on generators to a true grudge street race... LMFAO... and some people think that is all “real”. Sorry, if anyone has been to a real true street race in Philly or some of the Jersey areas years ago - THAT was genuine street racing where there were spotters for cops and if one venue was shut down after a bust, everyone just started up again at another location...

sphinx

Mr. Whipple
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang GT Fastback
"Hey, do you know by any chance which network is broadcasting MotoGP races now? Thx.

NBC - Live delayed broadcast
beIN SPORTS - US based
BT Sports - UK based

Currently watching live warm up of Moto 3 at the Brno circuit in the Czech Republic. With Marquez recovering, it's seems that riders are giving a more focused effort.

It's LIVE now on YouTube

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
NBC - Live delayed broadcast
Thanks a lot brother. Just checked NBC again (yesterday looked at all networks, and saw nothing), and CNBC, and nothing. I probably missed it. Oh well. Will watch it on Youtube (thanks for that tip too), but highly disappointed Marquez is not racing again. With the severely shortened season, it's over for him now, especially with Quartararo dominating. No way he can catch him now, unless something catastrophic happens to him. Marquez will have to wait for next year to catch Rossi, and hopefully surpass him on the next. Take care.
Sponsored