Sponsored

MotoIQ TESTED: Ford Power Packs 1-3

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
How does a LUND tune affect the Ford warranty?
The same as any other aftermarket tune and differently than the FRPP tune.

Basically, if Ford or the dealer catches that you tuned the car and you have a big enough claim (eg. busted engine) they can and probably will deny your claim.

They can't void your entire warranty, but they can definitely deny claims based on the fact that you altered the engine parameters beyond anything they recommend and support.
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
The same as any other aftermarket tune and differently than the FRPP tune.

Basically, if Ford or the dealer catches that you tuned the car and you have a big enough claim (eg. busted engine) they can and probably will deny your claim.

They can't void your entire warranty, but they can definitely deny claims based on the fact that you altered the engine parameters beyond anything they recommend and support.
Bummer! So much for my 7 year extended warranty. Guess I'm stuck leaving things stock for 7 years. :mad:

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
"Bummer! So much for my 7 year extended warranty. Guess I'm stuck leaving things stock for 7 years"

Or getting a Ford Power Pack that retains the warranty. Even if it is not the highest performing tune, the fact that your warranty is not affected is the biggest selling point of these tunes.

I ordered a PP1 last week. I am willing to give a bit of performance up compared to the best aftermarket tune for the warranty I retain.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
"Bummer! So much for my 7 year extended warranty. Guess I'm stuck leaving things stock for 7 years"

Or getting a Ford Power Pack that retains the warranty. Even if it is not the highest performing tune, the fact that your warranty is not affected is the biggest selling point of these tunes.

I ordered a PP1 last week. I am willing to give a bit of performance up compared to the best aftermarket tune for the warranty I retain.
Exactly. I've come full circle and I'm back at the PP1 with a Ford install.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP

The factory warranty is shortened to 3yr/36k from the time of the original purchase of the car when you install the ford power packs. It replaces the factory warranty. Even if you've bought extended, the powertrain is replaced by the Ford Racing warranty.

Sponsored

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
The factory warranty is shortened to 3yr/36k from the time of the original purchase of the car when you install the ford power packs. It replaces the factory warranty. Even if you've bought extended, the powertrain is replaced by the Ford Racing warranty.
That is not true. The Ford Performance warranty works in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited
Warranty. Read this. https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you read that further it says the factory warranty remains, but would not cover failures related to the tune. The frpp warranty would cover that, which is 3yr/36k from vehicle purchase. I misspoke when I said the warranty was gone, but I meant factory warranty is gone for the engine, etc and replaced by the FR warranty, which it is.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Hmmm... Like I said, guess I'm stuck in no mod land or I lose my extended warranty. Now I wish I'd not bought it.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Hmmm... Like I said, guess I'm stuck in no mod land or I lose my extended warranty. Now I wish I'd not bought it.
ESP contracts can be cancelled within 30 days of purchase if you haven’t used the plan. After 60 days, you can get a pro-rated refund from FOMOCO for the unused portion. Call the dealership you bought the ESP from if you want to cancel.

Last edited:

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
If you read that further it says the factory warranty remains, but would not cover failures related to the tune. The frpp warranty would cover that, which is 3yr/36k from vehicle purchase. I misspoke when I said the warranty was gone, but I meant factory warranty is gone for the engine, etc and replaced by the FR warranty, which it is.
Again, that is not entirely true. If there were a failure attributed to the FPP part, then that specific claim *could* be denied. The entire warranty would not be void.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JFC, now you're just arguing to argue. Whatever, I was just trying to help people who were concerned about warranty and clarifying your nebulous and generally incorrect statement.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
JFC, now you're just arguing to argue. Whatever, I was just trying to help people who were concerned about warranty and clarifying your nebulous and generally incorrect statement.
Between the 2 posts, yours was considerably more nebulous. White15GT linked to the actual Ford documentation that explains the warranty, where you provided misleading or misinformed information.

Just to be clear, the Ford Performance power packs provide a 3/36 warranty for anything attributed to the power pack as fault, after that, yes if the failure is due to the power pack your original factory warranty could be denied, but if its not related to the power pack your factory warranty remains in place and enforced.

The Ford power packs are by far the safest route for a tune in regards to retaining warranty coverage and having Ford engineers authoring these tunes. With that you obviously leave some power on the table.

YMMV

Oh, at to benefit from the Ford Performance warranty you need to have the power packs installed by either the dealer or an ASE mechanic and register the installation with Ford Warranty once install is complete.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Great discussion.

Ok, now I'm back at having my local Ford dealing install the PP1. :)

bozobuttz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (7/23/15), 2001 Corvette Z06 (7/23/19)
Before making a pull, it is important to put the car into “Dyno Mode” by unplugging this connector behind the driver’s headlight.
What is this connector?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Here it is:

Sponsored