Sponsored

MotoIQ TESTED: Ford Power Packs 1-3

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
And at no time during the install does it ask you for any information relating to ASE certification nor do you have anything to send in.

I did it myself and have no reservations about doing so.

I'm also running the Velossa Tech Big Mouth with the Mishimoto silicon induction hose. Its a nice little combination that works well with the PP1. :thumbsup:
I didn't say anything about during the install. Once you have completed the install you need to register the warranty and that's the info required.

If you forego that step then you have no warranty from Ford Performance in regards to any repairs within the 3/36 related to the Power Pack and you risk that any other warranty claim be denied as well by a dealer blaming the unauthorized install of the a Power Pack. YMMV

Here is the response I received from Ford Performance:

The Ford Performance Power Packs come with their own Ford Performance Parts warranty. For 3 yrs/60k kilometers from new vehicle purchase, Ford Performance will pay to fix your car if the power pack causes a problem. Un-related issues are still covered by your new vehicle Ford warranty.

After you purchase your kit and have it installed by a Ford dealer or a Red Leaf certified shop, send your parts purchase invoice and your installation invoice (with VIN and vehicle mileage upon install) to [email protected] .

We will enter your information in the warranty system.
Sponsored

Grabberish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6R80
If you could do this, how would Ford ever sell power pack 2 or 3? Lol
I was just talking about the tune itself, so you would still want to get the other packs for the parts that come with them.

Basically, what I have now decided on, is that I will get the 2018 Intake Manifold installed by an ASE shop, and then buy the Power Pack 2 to compliment it, and keep my warranty. It will be cheaper than going pack 3 and make possibly more power.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Mine is a '17 with full warranty, so I'll pay to get it done for piece of mind.

Sponsored

Cruizer40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special, FPP2
Those who have autos with PP2 how are the shift points and firmness ?
I just installed the PP2 a couple of weeks ago on my 2016 auto. I for one am not super impressed with the upgrade. You can feel the difference shift points have changed a bit however it seems to search a bit finding the sweet spot between 5th and 6th.
Down shifts in sport mode seem to be less aggressive then it was stock.
If I had to do again I would probably go with one of the reputable tuners here on the forum but for now I'm saving my nickels for SC setup.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I just installed the PP2 a couple of weeks ago on my 2016 auto. I for one am not super impressed with the upgrade. You can feel the difference shift points have changed a bit however it seems to search a bit finding the sweet spot between 5th and 6th.
Down shifts in sport mode seem to be less aggressive then it was stock.
If I had to do again I would probably go with one of the reputable tuners here on the forum but for now I'm saving my nickels for SC setup.
This doesn't sound good. I really just want the HP and TQ of the PP1 but otherwise I'm happy with the stock shift points and Sport Mode.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I have PP2 and I can say that the downlow torque is much much better and the shift points keep me in the powerband for a much longer time than before. Haven't tried out sports mode yet, though, so don't know how that compares.

Cruizer40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special, FPP2
This doesn't sound good. I really just want the HP and TQ of the PP1 but otherwise I'm happy with the stock shift points and Sport Mode.
Codemanstang wrote a pretty good write up and comparison of the PP2 and Lund tune. You might find it interesting

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Codemanstang wrote a pretty good write up and comparison of the PP2 and Lund tune. You might find it interesting
Did some searching and have not yet found anything. Point me in the right direction?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Interesting read. Seems PP2 and LUND each have their benefits and drawbacks.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm now wondering if I sholdn't just get a K&N filter and LUND tune and be done with it. How does a LUND tune affect the Ford warranty?
Sponsored