More than a little aggravated

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I said screw it on my 2018. By 3,000 miles it was already twin turbo'd.
Sponsored

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Except when someone specifically asks for "advice" and "thoughts", but if the OP thought I was being a "dildo", which I don't think he did since he "liked" my response, well there's not much I can do about that.

Someone (Notagain) needs a soothing and liberal application of butt-hurt cream, and soon....!
He didn't ask for advice and thoughts on what he should have bought. He asked for advice and thoughts on when to tune or not to with the current condition of this car. He already bought the car so your "advice" and "thoughts" don't mean anything.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
Had a conversation with the service manager at the local dealership today about the Mustang. Tune is going on tomorrow, and data logging will commence. Life's too short.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
Especially with all the reports of engine problems with the 2018/2019 cars. And you knew about those problems and still bought a 2019 GT.
Actually, prior to buying this Mustang I had no idea about any of the issues the Mustang has had since 1989, the last time I owned one. I would not dream of buying a Mustang or any other vehicle used at this point in my life.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Actually, prior to buying this Mustang I had no idea about any of the issues the Mustang has had since 1989, the last time I owned one. I would not dream of buying a Mustang or any other vehicle used at this point in my life.
It's funny that you write that, as my last prior Mustang was an '89 LX 5 speed, it was bone-stock with tall-ass 3.08 gears and at the time I thought that was fast.

And I understand your choice to buy new. If I didn't have three kids, two of which are in HS, I'd have more dinero for something fresh off the lot.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
it was bone-stock with tall-ass 3.08 gears and at the time I thought that was fast.
I know. 200hp top and we thought we were something. :like:

My youngest just finished her first semester of law school on a scholarship in Tuscaloosa. Never been prouder.

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just wondering what the dealer said in regards to Tune and Warranty?

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering what the dealer said in regards to Tune and Warranty?
I talked about my concerns about the car and why I bought it in the first place. I had a couple of techs and the service manager listen to the car. They did not think it was anything to be concerned about and are probably right.

The service manager, I have dealt with before, and I had a frank conversation outside the shop. He discussed some issues he has seen with the Mustang and I feel he and the techs were honest which is the best I could hope for. The service manager is an enthusiast inside the shop and outside and even recommended the best place to get 110 octane and E85. I can't repeat everything we discussed and some may think I am gullible but that is not the case. He is not going to throw me under the bus and I am not going to screw Ford because of any mistakes I make. I hope that makes sense.

I think it is about building relationships.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Tune was on the car at 800 miles.

Tick, yep

My only concern is if Ford ever does recall these motors, who's going to R&R my LTH. LOL

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Go E85 and never look back. Personally, it would take me almost 3 years to get to 10k miles, so there is no way I would wait that long to tune it. I hate to say it, but the car is anemic in stock form. You really need a tune to get the best of this thing. I am also worried about the repercussions, should I have an engine failure. I am just not willing to let that dictate what I do with my car.
BTW, try listening for the rattle with and without having A/C on. I am wondering if anyone else hears a big difference like I do.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
"I think it is about building relationships.
x1000!

Make sure you give the service manager a Christmas present. Low cost insurance that will pay off later.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Had a conversation with the service manager at the local dealership today about the Mustang. Tune is going on tomorrow, and data logging will commence. Life's too short.
When it's all said 'n done, I hope your car runs as good as it looks!!!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What tune you are going with? Lund?
Sponsored