Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Il
I'll see If they have them in stock. They seem good. Either way I hope this makes the car run better or at least give me signs of where to go. Ie. A boost leak or something. But I honestly don't think it's a boost leak.
as someone who blew my charge pipes 4 times.
I didn't either. but shit happens. the last time I finally got them perfectly seated, enough material on both sides, I went tight, and a bit tighter. havnt came back off.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost premium
as someone who blew my charge pipes 4 times.
I didn't either. but shit happens. the last time I finally got them perfectly seated, enough material on both sides, I went tight, and a bit tighter. havnt came back off.
Yeah when I first put my new intercooler on I blew one of mine several times until I got it just right lmao. I've triple checked all the hoses and clamps. It was the first thing I did. That's what led to believe the DP wasn't seated right. Since the problem had started with the new DP.
I just have some small troubleshooting to do and that will let me know what's really going on. I hope.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just went to try and use a torque wrench to check my torque, was going to try 28 see if they turned at all, but I can’t get any of my torque wrenches in that area. I just went by feel with a ratchet when I did, nice and snug.

here’s mine just took photo. You can see my downpipe is kinda smooshed on bottom left, it’s from when it was over tightened, one side was tight and other side wasn’t, it was cocked. And deformed metal a little. No leaks though

I loosened them up, and went even.

0F3DDE40-AF41-487B-BE36-4B4917973CE5.jpeg

11C63922-104D-43E2-AF00-AD795806E1B4.jpeg

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I just went to try and use a torque wrench to check my torque, was going to try 28 see if they turned at all, but I can’t get any of my torque wrenches in that area. I just went by feel with a ratchet when I did, nice and snug.

here’s mine just took photo. You can see my downpipe is kinda smooshed on bottom left, it’s from when it was over tightened, one side was tight and other side wasn’t, it was cocked. And deformed metal a little. No leaks though

I loosened them up, and went even.

0F3DDE40-AF41-487B-BE36-4B4917973CE5.jpeg

11C63922-104D-43E2-AF00-AD795806E1B4.jpeg
Yeah after the reseat I did last night. My DP looks identical to yours. There's a little of the turbo gasket donut showing all the way around.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, that’s what you want. It’s even tension all way around the donut gasket. The downpipe is actually over the gasket, but the bracket pulls it too it and then it to the block.

then you tightened up everything after it. You don’t want to tightened exhaust up and then do downpipe, it needs to be positioned first

Sponsored

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Yep, that’s what you want. It’s even tension all way around the donut gasket. The downpipe is actually over the gasket, but the bracket pulls it too it and then it to the block.

then you tightened up everything after it. You don’t want to tightened exhaust up and then do downpipe, it needs to be positioned first
Originally I had like 1/4" showing on the top and like 1/8" on the bottom if that.
Now it's even. The only difference is your turbo gasket looks way better than mine. Mine is like a bronze color almost. Probably because it's so used and beat up.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If you was still thinking about plugs and afe air filter
94920469-20D6-41AE-ABBA-D7C816E4700A.png
Sponsored