OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost premium
You can do a KAM reset from the AP, it's faster and easier. I would for sure flash back to stage 2 and drive it a little, see if you're still getting boost like you expect and have gotten on that tune previously. That'll narrow it down to being a tune issue or a boost leak.
How do you do it on the AP
Also Cobbs website said stage 3 for DP upgrade
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You can do a KAM reset from the AP, it's faster and easier. I would for sure flash back to stage 2 and drive it a little, see if you're still getting boost like you expect and have gotten on that tune previously. That'll narrow it down to being a tune issue or a boost leak.
I was unaware that Cobb could directly do it.
I actually bought a device, it lets me reset kam just like that. so nice! paid 50 bucks off aliexpress. (I dont have Cobb anymore)

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 1.58.22 PM.png

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you are correct, it is DP upgrade for 3.

he is saying by going to 2. you can drive it, and see if it doesn't go any higher and stays at those levels as 3. if so, that is a boost leak, if it does go higher, and holds boost better, then its a tune issue with 3.

but me, id prob reset kam, and drive it first on 3. he's using theories of elimination to figure out your cause of issue.

because apple for apple, stage 3 is stronger in every way. every part of that chart. no way should 2 feel stronger for you. if 3 is weaker, and 2 is weaker too than before, you got a boost leak.

if 2 is stronger, and holds higher boost than you on 3, after using 3. then somethings off about the 3 tune on your car.

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I was unaware that Cobb could directly do it.
I actually bought a device, it lets me reset kam just like that. so nice! paid 50 bucks off aliexpress. (I dont have Cobb anymore)

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 1.58.22 PM.png
I think I saw something that said KAM under the mapping area on the AP. I didn't mess with it though because I didn't know what is was supposed to do. I'll check after work.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The reason the purple is higher than green, is the extra torque targeted. if you aren't feeling stronger than you did on 2, there's a possibility of the leak. or the KAM needed reset and relearned.

id do kam reset first. oh edit, there's a stage 3 91 octane and stage 3 93 octane map. I personally would feel safer running 91 map, with 93 octane. it gives you cushion. stage 3 93 octane, with 93 octane is fine, but I just feel 91 tune with 93 octane in the tank is extra protection. just incase your fuel wasn't quite up to par one fill or something of that nature.
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.01.29 PM.png

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
The the menu that had the check engine icon, is been a while sorry, you'll see clear keep alive memory.

Stage 3 is for downpipe modifications, yes. But it's still safe for you to run stage 2 tune, you'll just get a CEL for the downpipe unless you have a defouler in place.

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
you are correct, it is DP upgrade for 3.

he is saying by going to 2. you can drive it, and see if it doesn't go any higher and stays at those levels as 3. if so, that is a boost leak, if it does go higher, and holds boost better, then its a tune issue with 3.

but me, id prob reset kam, and drive it first on 3. he's using theories of elimination to figure out your cause of issue.

because apple for apple, stage 3 is stronger in every way. every part of that chart. no way should 2 feel stronger for you. if 3 is weaker, and 2 is weaker too than before, you got a boost leak.

if 2 is stronger, and holds higher boost than you on 3, after using 3. then somethings off about the 3 tune on your car.
The the menu that had the check engine icon, is been a while sorry, you'll see clear keep alive memory.
Yeah I know what your talking about I'm always checking for read codes and what not. Cool. Do I just use the command and it will prompt me to do what I need to?

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Yeah I know what your talking about I'm always checking for read codes and what not. Cool. Do I just use the command and it will prompt me to do what I need to?
You tell it to do it, you'll notice the car will power cycle a time or two. Then it'll tell you to key off for 15 seconds.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
on my device, you turn car on position (not actually on) never ever do anything with car on. but car on, (not running) and then I have device hooked up. I click "Clear / Reset KAM" I click it, and you hear a few clicks in engine bay, takes 2 seconds, it says wait 15-30 seconds then power car off, then you can power it back on.

reset is done.

follow what he said, I think my device also said leave car off for 15 seconds. I forget. I just follow the prompts

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
You tell it to do it, you'll notice the car will power cycle a time or two. Then it'll tell you to key off for 15 seconds.
Okay. Kind of like swapping maps. Yeah I'll definitely try that. Like I said I went from stage one to two. Back to one. Then to 3 with the DP. Lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
The reason the purple is higher than green, is the extra torque targeted. if you aren't feeling stronger than you did on 2, there's a possibility of the leak. or the KAM needed reset and relearned.

id do kam reset first. oh edit, there's a stage 3 91 octane and stage 3 93 octane map. I personally would feel safer running 91 map, with 93 octane. it gives you cushion. stage 3 93 octane, with 93 octane is fine, but I just feel 91 tune with 93 octane in the tank is extra protection. just incase your fuel wasn't quite up to par one fill or something of that nature.
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.01.29 PM.png
I think I'll swap to fresh plugs and then do the KAM at the same time.
If I still don't see boost levels correct after a couple of days I'll swap to s2 and see if there's a leak

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
exactly what id do.

but if you get rutheniums.
90495. gaped to 0.028
torque spec is 14. but I use 13 on torque wrench, I double check them and prob puts them at 14torque. havnt had an issue yet.

here's ngk chart. (0.032 is their preset gaps) you need to gap any plug to .028
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.13.15 PM.png

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
exactly what id do.

but if you get rutheniums.
90495. gaped to 0.028
torque spec is 14. but I use 13 on torque wrench, I double check them and prob puts them at 14torque. havnt had an issue yet.
I may try those in the future but I know I can get some oem right down the street and I'd like to troubleshoot this quickly as I can. Probably by tomorrow evening.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I may try those in the future but I know I can get some oem right down the street and I'd like to troubleshoot this quickly as I can. Probably by tomorrow evening.
my store keeps ruthenium in stock. advanced auto parts, go to website and check. I went right down road first time and snagged set of 4.

stock heat is range 6. I cant load the other pages, it won't reload but yeah this page did load.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.15.12 PM.png

OP
OP

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Il
my store keeps ruthenium in stock. advanced auto parts, go to website and check. I went right down road first time and snagged set of 4.

stock heat is range 6. I cant load the other pages, it won't reload but yeah this page did load.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.15.12 PM.png
I'll see If they have them in stock. They seem good. Either way I hope this makes the car run better or at least give me signs of where to go. Ie. A boost leak or something. But I honestly don't think it's a boost leak.
Sponsored