Sponsored

More bad news for the other guys

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Kinda seen that coming.:giggle:
I wonder if the fourm has any ties to GM itself or something? It’s odd because it was a huge deal when the Camaro led sales for a few months having front page articles and the threads never got moved a single time. Now any sales thread or any talk of sales gets tucked into a section no one goes into.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Why can’t we just come together and focus our hatred on a common enemy. Nothing unifies people like scalding hatred of something else. I was thinking pineapple on pizza or how boring overall the Toyota lineup is.
Benjj...Nothing nullifies a person's argument on this forum faster than when a person can't correctly spell the name of the car they drive (like in your profile).

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I wonder if the fourm has any ties to GM itself or something? It’s odd because it was a huge deal when the Camaro led sales for a few months having front page articles and the threads never got moved a single time. Now any sales thread or any talk of sales gets tucked into a section no one goes into.
Don’t know. But it appears that someone has made a conscious decision to try and hide the sales threads in a seldom viewed section. I had a friend of mine that’s on that forum. He asked me if I be willing to come back? If he could get my ban lifted. My reply was what good will that do? I won’t stop speaking my mind. And would just be banned again. You gotta drink the coolaid to be one of the cool kids over there. On a side note. The manufacturers gotta monitor these sights. It’s good for them to see the bad as well as the good. Back when the EBs were failing the first year. I doubt people outside the forum heard that. But it got enough static on here. That the next year. The EB problem magically went away. I’d like to think all the bitching and complaining helped. Or maybe they just got tired of replacing engines? Who knows? Let’s hope Ford does the same with the manual shift forks and the ticking direct injected coyotes.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Don’t know. But it appears that someone has made a conscious decision to try and hide the sales threads in a seldom viewed section. I had a friend of mine that’s on that forum. He asked me if I be willing to come back? If he could get my ban lifted. My reply was what good will that do? I won’t stop speaking my mind. And would just be banned again. You gotta drink the coolaid to be one of the cool kids over there. On a side note. The manufacturers gotta monitor these sights. It’s good for them to see the bad as well as the good. Back when the EBs were failing the first year. I doubt people outside the forum heard that. But it got enough static on here. That the next year. The EB problem magically went away. Let’s hope Ford does the same with the manual shift forks and the ticking direct injected coyotes.
Did you just recently get banned on there? I thought I seen that blue text before :)

I haven’t made an account on there as there really isn’t a reason too. Someone on here said I was posting quotes from my account on there but I never had one.....and then someone said I should make one and debate people on there. What is the point if people think that Ford pays retail prices for the carbon rims on the 350r? How do you discuss low effort/max effort racing? I really don’t know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Did you just recently get banned on there? I thought I seen that blue text before :)

I haven’t made an account on there as there really isn’t a reason too. Someone on here said I was posting quotes from my account on there but I never had one.....and then someone said I should make one and debate people on there. What is the point if people think that Ford pays retail prices for the carbon rims on the 350r? How do you discuss low effort/max effort racing? I really don’t know.
I was banned in 2012 or 13. I use my wife’s account. To comment on one of the guys. I race with thread. I try to avoid the other nonsense. But I still type in blue, just so the usual suspects know it’s me. It drives Em crazy. When I mention I’ve never lost to a 6th gen Camaro. in fraxums journal type thread. Located In their VS. section. I respect most of the guys that actually race their cars over there.
But the paper racers are strong! with their “my car is an 11.8 car” nonsense. Even though they have never sniffed anything close to an 11 second run. Or you have the one guy who talks the most. Who has actually run an 11.8. But he did it in a 70 thousand dollar. 650hp ZL1.:giggle::like:

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I dont want to doom the camaro. I want to see a design that makes sense. I've owned a couple second gens. An IROC. And a 5th gen. Back in the day. Im not anti Chevy. Im anti stupid design. You could raise the roof an inch. It would not sacrifice performance. You could lower the belt line also without sacrificing performance. I get that low roof line is what makes the Camaro exterior design look cool. But it kills the ergonomics of the car. The Mustang & Challanger both found ways to look cool. Without feeling like tour in a bunker. Look at that concept Twin turbo posted. Same stupid low roof. GM has one incredibly unpractical sports car in the Corvette. Do they really need two?
Yeah, I agree. We all heard the story that GM actually asked 5th Gen owners if they want more visibility and they had no problem with that - But if that story is real, they should have asked a wider focus group. I understand too that the small windows gives the car a great look. But increasing the window heigth by an inch would have done no harm to the design but added more practicallity.
In the end I still think the practicality is a bit better than other sport-coupes like Audi TT (I had one before I got the Camaro), BRZ or 370Z. BLIS and backup camera is really worth it.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I was banned in 2012 or 13. I use my wife’s account. To comment on one of the guys. I race with thread. I try to avoid the other nonsense. But I still type in blue, just so the usual suspects know it’s me. It drives Em crazy. When I mention I’ve never lost to a 6th gen Camaro in fraxums journal type thread. Located In their VS. section. I respect most of the guys that actually race their cars over there.
But the paper racers are strong! with their “my car is an 11.8 car” nonsense. Even though they have never sniffed anything close to an 11 second run. Or you have the one guy who talks the most. Who has actually run an 11.8. But he did it in a 70 thousand dollar. 650hp ZL1.:giggle::like:
That run was a low effort run he didn’t even try!

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Understood. :cwl::crackup::cwl::crackup::cwl:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I dont want to doom the camaro. I want to see a design that makes sense. I've owned a couple second gens. An IROC. And a 5th gen. Back in the day. Im not anti Chevy. Im anti stupid design. You could raise the roof an inch. It would not sacrifice performance. You could lower the belt line also without sacrificing performance. I get that low roof line is what makes the Camaro exterior design look cool. But it kills the ergonomics of the car. The Mustang & Challanger both found ways to look cool. Without feeling like tour in a bunker. Look at that concept Twin turbo posted. Same stupid low roof. GM has one incredibly unpractical sports car in the Corvette. Do they really need two?
The car is no lower than the Mustang. You are correct, it is the beltline. However the Mustang's door glass is an arc and the Camaro is not. That gives it a lot of visibilty. In my opinion,after several of each, it's more rear glass angle and visibility. Also the swooping roof line of the Mustang allows a bigger back glass.
wheels sm.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
Its semantics on if its the roof. Or rear glass angle. But just looking at the photos posted. The side windows tell you all you need to know. Again from an ergonomics and vision be damned stand point. The Camaro low roof/rear window angle looks fantastic. But thats a hard sell. When the Challanger & Mustang both have the same sporty looks. With less of a vision penalty.
One other factor you guys haven't mentioned is seating position. The high belt-line + lower than Mustang seating position contributes to the "bunker" feeling. That's the downside. The upside is it makes you feel more integrated with the chassis, especially when flying through the twisties. Probably also contributed to the "I feel like I'm sitting on top of the car, not in it" comments from the MT guys during the infamous 1LE / PP1 H2H. I've never felt the degree of sway they complained about when I've driven S550s, but I did notice it more when I drove it back to back with my car.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I don't have anything to be jealous of I enjoy my Mustang and don't go trolling round the c6g web site like you and your compadres do over here on m6g. I can't wait for GM to cancel camaro to hear all you c6g members talk about how exclusive your sales flop is.
I have owned 2 6th gen GTs. One currently is in my driveway. Does this make me a troll or somebody with experience in both cars?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You know, I really enjoyed my 2015 GT and that was coming from a 13 Grand Sport so quite a compliment. But then I traded on a 16 Camero 1SS and needed to go faster......so I bought a 17 ZL1.

I lost my mind somewhere and bought my 18 GT. I have to say the disappointment in the way this car handles and drives is overwhelming. I really can’t wait to unload this car and get a 19 ZL1 or possibly a Z06. Sight lines or not. Sales or not.

I don’t buy cars based on Internet forums.
Didn't you test drive the 18 GT before you bought it? Wasn't the test drive so overwhelming disappointing that you wanted to keep your super car. I can't believe you'd trade your zl1 super car for a pos Mustang GT.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Didn't you test drive the 18 GT before you bought it? Wasn't the test drive so overwhelming disappointing that you wanted to keep your super car. I can't believe you'd trade your zl1 super car for a pos Mustang GT.
Sadly, only a quick drive at the dealer. Yes, you are so correct. Oh well, nothing that can't be corrected. I can only imagine what would have happened if I at least didn't get a GT. Can you imagine the disappointment if I bought the eco? My F250 would have been quicker.

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
Sadly, only a quick drive at the dealer. Yes, you are so correct. Oh well, nothing that can't be corrected. I can only imagine what would have happened if I at least didn't get a GT. Can you imagine the disappointment if I bought the eco? My F250 would have been quicker.
In the snow the mud and yes quicker to the gas pump, three things that don’t bother me as an eco owner. But I will give you the fact your faster than the 4 cylinder Camaro in dry conditions.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I don't have anything to be jealous of I enjoy my Mustang and don't go trolling round the c6g web site like you and your compadres do over here on m6g. I can't wait for GM to cancel camaro to hear all you c6g members talk about how exclusive your sales flop is.
i hope the SCRAPMARO rots in pieces.:crackup::cwl::clap:
Sponsored