Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
@bluebeastsrt:
Sorry if you got the impression I was try to convince someone of something. To me it was actually a very close decision if I buy the 18 GT or a SS. If you look down my post history, you will find a lot of posts were I was hyped for 18 GT, try to defend it against some haters and doing a lot of photoshop work to show how awesome the car can be with mods.

I didn't want to defend C6 forum, maybe I was too fast in my post since I'm not reading everything there, just some news, technical stuff, things like that. At least in these areas I never saw that mods are so aggressive, but I believe you when you say you have bad experience there. But here are enough fanboys too who are not allowing any critique on the Mustang, no matter that you aren't banned for posting that. The PP2 overheating topic is the best example.

Take a look at my post again. I'm on your side, the Camaro was expensive at launch and has daily driver issues. I would never defend that in the direct comparison to the Mustang. All I said was that it seems based on the leaked Cadillac Coupe that Chevy could actually improve visibility and trunkspace for gen 7, so even Chevy seems to agree that these are real issues why some people won't buy a Camaro right now.

What I wanted to point out is: Dooming one car will hurt the market more than having a healthy competition. I don't know if a buy a next what I will choose. But I want that Ford, Chevy and Dodge are investing in pushing the cars further and further. Gen 5 to Gen 6 was a huge step. I hope Gen 6 to Gen 7 will be as great, but that will only happen if the competition is pushing them enough to set a new bar in terms of performance, modern technology and practicality
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Baron is a troll fyi

You are crazy if you think you wouldn't get flamed if you went on C6G and called the Camaro a piece of trash. But of course we are the bad guys! Baron can threaten a lawsuit all day but he wont do anything about it because he is another coward friend of blaq's.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Don't waist time quit m6g now and joint c6g quick, hurry, don't wait :fingerscrossed:
I belong to both. Thanks for the concern, however! :like:

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I mean changing cars all the time lol
I somewhat agree. But quite honestly I never buy one unless I steal it and take a minimum hit at the most. The ZL1 was $68500 and I got 10k off, drove it for a year and sold it for more than I owed with no money down. Now I will agree it is a loss on a spreadsheet but I finance them on very low interest loans where the principal brings the balance down quickly and I turn them for what I owe or more.

Plain and simple, I don't own them, I rent them.

This Mustang, even after a great deal, will be a loss at the rate it is depreciating if I don't hang on to it for at least a year. So I guess I knew this going into the game. Just didn't think I would miss that ZL1 power and handling so much. It isn't fair to compare the two. BTW I did speculate on the GT350 but just couldn't see the extra money over the GT. At least not the '18. The GT really is a great car. Just a little too boring for me.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I belong to both. Thanks for the concern, however! :like:

If camaro is such a great car you might want to stay over at c6g and join the circle hay maybe they'll even let you be the pivot man.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If camaro is such a great car you might want to stay over at c6g and join the circle hay maybe they'll even let you be the pivot man.
Really? Are you a jealous child or something?

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
@bluebeastsrt:
Sorry if you got the impression I was try to convince someone of something. To me it was actually a very close decision if I buy the 18 GT or a SS. If you look down my post history, you will find a lot of posts were I was hyped for 18 GT, try to defend it against some haters and doing a lot of photoshop work to show how awesome the car can be with mods.

I didn't want to defend C6 forum, maybe I was too fast in my post since I'm not reading everything there, just some news, technical stuff, things like that. At least in these areas I never saw that mods are so aggressive, but I believe you when you say you have bad experience there. But here are enough fanboys too who are not allowing any critique on the Mustang, no matter that you aren't banned for posting that. The PP2 overheating topic is the best example.

Take a look at my post again. I'm on your side, the Camaro was expensive at launch and has daily driver issues. I would never defend that in the direct comparison to the Mustang. All I said was that it seems based on the leaked Cadillac Coupe that Chevy could actually improve visibility and trunkspace for gen 7, so even Chevy seems to agree that these are real issues why some people won't buy a Camaro right now.

What I wanted to point out is: Dooming one car will hurt the market more than having a healthy competition. I don't know if a buy a next what I will choose. But I want that Ford, Chevy and Dodge are investing in pushing the cars further and further. Gen 5 to Gen 6 was a huge step. I hope Gen 6 to Gen 7 will be as great, but that will only happen if the competition is pushing them enough to set a new bar in terms of performance, modern technology and practicality
I dont want to doom the camaro. I want to see a design that makes sense. I've owned a couple second gens. An IROC. And a 5th gen. Back in the day. Im not anti Chevy. Im anti stupid design. You could raise the roof an inch. It would not sacrifice performance. You could lower the belt line also without sacrificing performance. I get that low roof line is what makes the Camaro exterior design look cool. But it kills the ergonomics of the car. The Mustang & Challanger both found ways to look cool. Without feeling like tour in a bunker. Look at that concept Twin turbo posted. Same stupid low roof. GM has one incredibly unpractical sports car in the Corvette. Do they really need two?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont want to doom the camaro. I want to see a design that makes sense. I've owned a couple second gens. An IROC. And a 5th gen. Back in the day. Im not anti Chevy. Im anti stupid design. You could raise the roof an inch. It would not sacrifice performance. You could lower the belt line also without sacrificing performance. I get that low roof line is what makes the Camaro exterior design look cool. But it kills the ergonomics of the car. The Mustang & Challanger both found ways to look cool. Without feeling like tour in a bunker. Look at that concept Twin turbo posted. Same stupid low roof. GM has one incredibly unpractical sports car in the Corvette. Do they really need two?
The car is no lower than the Mustang. You are correct, it is the beltline. However the Mustang's door glass is an arc and the Camaro is not. That gives it a lot of visibilty. In my opinion,after several of each, it's more rear glass angle and visibility. Also the swooping roof line of the Mustang allows a bigger back glass.
wheels sm.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The car is no lower than the Mustang. You are correct, it is the beltline. However the Mustang's door glass is an arc and the Camaro is not. That gives it a lot of visibilty. In my opinion,after several of each, it's more rear glass angle and visibility. Also the swooping roof line of the Mustang allows a bigger back glass.
wheels sm.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
Its semantics on if its the roof. Or rear glass angle. But just looking at the photos posted. The side windows tell you all you need to know. Again from an ergonomics and vision be damned stand point. The Camaro low roof/rear window angle looks fantastic. But thats a hard sell. When the Challanger & Mustang both have the same sporty looks. With less of a vision penalty.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its semantics on if its the roof. Or rear glass angle. But just looking at the photos posted. The side windows tell you all you need to know. Again from an ergonomics and vision be damned stand point. The Camaro low roof/rear window angle looks fantastic. But thats a hard sell. When the Challanger & Mustang both have the same sporty looks. With less of a vision penalty.
Can't argue with you. Still I really was never bothered by it unless I was crossing a multilane highway and was 45 degrees in the center island waiting to pull out. Then it was tough.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Really? Are you a jealous child or something?
I don't have anything to be jealous of I enjoy my Mustang and don't go trolling round the c6g web site like you and your compadres do over here on m6g. I can't wait for GM to cancel camaro to hear all you c6g members talk about how exclusive your sales flop is.