Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
With regard to DRL's, has anyone successfully added the wiring to the US model to take advantage of the Dedicated DRL option? Does the 2280F connector have pins and wires? Or are the pin locations (36 & 40) empty?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If there are body, trans or engine module updates - can a Forscan user perform those updates, or does the car still need to go to the Dealer to get the updates?

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
With forscan can you raise the rpms in launch control? They go as high as 4500rpms in my 2016 and in a 2018 they go as high as 5500rpms.
Thanks

block81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Does anyone know were i can find the light sensor delay time ?

Everytime when i drive into a parking garage or a tunnel it takes nearly 20 seconds that the light turns on.

I want to edit this....

Thx

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
In my car you can change the light delay in the vehicle options - - > lighting menu of the instrument panel. No need for editing as-built.

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
In my car you can change the light delay in the vehicle options - - > lighting menu of the instrument panel. No need for editing as-built.
are you sure your not confusing with how long the lights stay on after you shut car off? not sure if I ever saw setting for what op is referring to.

@block81 I believe they usually put a slight delay in to prevent flickering on-off as it reaches the switching setpoint.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I thought when I changed it that it affected the light dark transition time, but that was only once several years ago... I'll experiment with it and let you know.

rodi22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT fastback magnetic
Hi all the tech gurus, thanks for the great information here. Just wondering if it is possible to activate remote start on AUS mustangs as my understanding is that it has been disabled due to Australian compliance regulations which is bullshit. I am not sure if you require any extra hardware for that or just an activation from the AB data. Someone from AUS enthusiast club might be able to confirm that.
Hi,
assuming that AU models are more similiar to European models: we have had the same discussion in the german forum.
radio frequency for the key in the US is in the 900 Mzh range, whereas in Euope it is 433 Mhz. in oder to change that, you would need US style keys and a new receiver module under the hat rack. The downside is, that also the TPMS sensors use the same frequency. So in case you switch to the US frequency you also need to change all TPMS sensor. If you have done that, you can enable remote start via Forscan.
This is at least the current common sense. German tuners have done that swap

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
Hi,
assuming that AU models are more similiar to European models: we have had the same discussion in the german forum.
radio frequency for the key in the US is in the 900 Mzh range, whereas in Euope it is 433 Mhz. in oder to change that, you would need US style keys and a new receiver module under the hat rack. The downside is, that also the TPMS sensors use the same frequency. So in case you switch to the US frequency you also need to change all TPMS sensor. If you have done that, you can enable remote start via Forscan.
This is at least the current common sense. German tuners have done that swap
Thanks rodi22. That’s some good news. I will check about the frequency here in Aus. Also does changing to US key fob affect any other features/menus on the car which may not work properly? If not then I definitely wouldn’t mind spending money on buying all the hardware set up.

rodi22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT fastback magnetic
Thanks rodi22. That’s some good news. I will check about the frequency here in Aus. Also does changing to US key fob affect any other features/menus on the car which may not work properly? If not then I definitely wouldn’t mind spending money on buying all the hardware set up.
this is the link to the german forum entry. It includes the replacement part number of the receiver as well as the Forscan codes
https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2250&p=204099&hilit=Fernstart#p224633

extract:
tascaparts.com (Teilenummer: FR3Z-15607-C)
Forscan:
IPC: 720-04-01 / 0400 0000 0040
720-04-02 / 5553 00D5
BCM: 726-20-01 / 0303 0303 035D
726-22-02 / 0001 0001 AAFD

Sponsored

NickW8787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hi,

I just added Ford Part JS7Z-19A361-A, which is the upgraded security system that includes the remote start function because my ecoboost did not come equipped with it from the factory. I used Forscan to enable remote start by accessing the BCM module and enabling the remote start functions. Should I also be modifying BCM as built data?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Quick question.

I have the Sync 3 and the digital dash in my 2015. I know that the Sync 3 was accounted for in the ACM and APIM. The digital dash was accounted for within its own modules.

The question comes into the BCM. I think mine is bad and it is going to the Ford dealership to get diagnosed and fixed.

The shouldn't need to reprogram any of those others and anything in the BCM should not affect those mods either.

Any concerns?

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
I have looked through a few of these spreadsheet and can't find a code...is there a way to set the car so that the headlights come on when you unlock (either all times or just night time if they would auto turn on when you're driving)?

Thanks

DeZypher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoStang
Not sure what your asking for... Do you want your headlights to automatically come on during the night while driving?.. if so theres a knob that you can use to change your headlights settings...

But if you want your headlights to always be on, I believe you can set the Headlights as DRLs but I never really tried that code so idk if that's how it works or not..

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
Not sure what your asking for... Do you want your headlights to automatically come on during the night while driving?.. if so theres a knob that you can use to change your headlights settings...

But if you want your headlights to always be on, I believe you can set the Headlights as DRLs but I never really tried that code so idk if that's how it works or not..
I will explain better. My previous car, 2010 Fusion Sport...if I unlocked the car during the day, nothing happened. If I unlocked it at night, the headlights would turn on, which provides better light in dark areas. So it is not while I am driving, but when I am out of the car, walking to it and unlocking it. Hope that makes more sense.
Sponsored