stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
weird, you'd think they wouldn't care as long as they get your money. can't you tell them you added nav after the fact, hence the reason the VIN doesn't show it?
It's just a call center with people working of if/then scenarios in their call app. Going off script is hard for some of them. ;) Simply explaining I had it added after purchase got it straightened out.
Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Another thought I had, is it possible to disable the chimes that come on every time I start the engine? Not really that big of a deal, but still kind of annoying.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Another thought I had, is it possible to disable the chimes that come on every time I start the engine? Not really that big of a deal, but still kind of annoying.
Yep. Buckle your seatbelt.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I am serious though as well... if you buckle your seatbelt before you start the car, it silences the chimes.
Wow I never knew that :headbonk::doh: I always assumed it was just a normal startup chime, I didnt know it was related to the seatbelt, I typically get in, start the car, then reach back for my seatbelt. :shrug:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I am serious though as well... if you buckle your seatbelt before you start the car, it silences the chimes.
Or if you're like me you disable the seatbelt reminder with a Ford IDS before you stop working for the dealership :first: I move the car around a lot and take short trips through the neighborhood to visit buddies and I don't usually wear my belt out of habit/i'm going 10 mph. Much like my old shitty 95' sierra, i don't mind a reminder light but I hate it when it dings at me.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Or if you're like me you disable the seatbelt reminder with a Ford IDS before you stop working for the dealership :first: I move the car around a lot and take short trips through the neighborhood to visit buddies and I don't usually wear my belt out of habit/i'm going 10 mph. Much like my old shitty 95' sierra, i don't mind a reminder light but I hate it when it dings at me.
startup chime is separate from beltminder, pretty sure. I have beltminder disabled, but still get the startup chime if not buckled.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just received my OBDLink today! Awesome thread guys! Thanks!

As a question though since I am lazy and don't want to go through 50 pages... I see that MyColor has been identified in the BCM but has anyone had luck enabling MyColor on a base cluster (not really worried about the sill plates and footwell lighting)? I attempted this a year or so ago by reprogramming the IPC (had access to a VCM then) but it did not work. Now I see that there was a extra component to the programming in the BCM that I missed. I am curious if this allows a base cluster to be changed to mycolor?

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Just received my OBDLink today! Awesome thread guys! Thanks!

As a question though since I am lazy and don't want to go through 50 pages... I see that MyColor has been identified in the BCM but has anyone had luck enabling MyColor on a base cluster (not really worried about the sill plates and footwell lighting)? I attempted this a year or so ago by reprogramming the IPC (had access to a VCM then) but it did not work. Now I see that there was a extra component to the programming in the BCM that I missed. I am curious if this allows a base cluster to be changed to mycolor?
does base cluster have mycolor hardware installed?

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
does base cluster have mycolor hardware installed?
Doing a quick search with part numbers, the base and premium clusters do not differ. To me that suggests that the base cluster should have the hardware required for mycolor. Like I said though, when I reprogrammed the IPC, MyColor did not appear. I wonder if it was actually the BCM that needed to be changed.... I will try tonight after class and report back.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Doing a quick search with part numbers, the base and premium clusters do not differ. To me that suggests that the base cluster should have the hardware required for mycolor.
I'm not suggesting this is true, but would an automaker ever do domething like just list the more expensive part with the MyColor hardware for all models if it is compatible with a car that doesn't have MyColor? In other words save money with a part that doesn't have MyColor on the assembly line but make a little extra profit selling just the MyColor part in the parts department?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So that is a no go on the BCMB MyColor. Would not write and would return "invalid data block" error.

Also for the hell of it I reprogrammed my entire IPC to that of a 350. No digital speedo. What is interesting is that my IPC is missing two data lines that the 350 cluster has. So with that experiment done I restored to my factory IPC data.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Also for the hell of it I reprogrammed my entire IPC to that of a 350. No digital speedo. What is interesting is that my IPC is missing two data lines that the 350 cluster has. So with that experiment done I restored to my factory IPC data.
hqdefault.jpg