Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Actually this is correct. If you disable the Adaptive Cruise in the BCM, there is nothing the IPC can do and it will show these options greyed out. The second setting was to remove these greyed out options from the IPC.

Did you actually check if the cruise control was working by doing a test drive?
After doing just the BCM change, I tried putting on cruise control while driving and nothing happened at all. It wouldn’t work. After I restored the BCM settings and changed the IPC settings, the cruise icon does come on when I hit cruise on the steering wheel. I haven’t tested it while moving yet I’ll do that today and post back.
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tested it this morning - regular cruise control worked perfectly, and no annoying ACC message. So at least for a 2018, it appears that only the IPC setting needs to be changed to deactivate ACC.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I save the changes I made to a new ab file so I can compare it to my original ab file? Is that even possible? Just looking for a quick way to look for the changes I’ve made.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I save the changes I made to a new ab file so I can compare it to my original ab file? Is that even possible? Just looking for a quick way to look for the changes I’ve made.
I seem to remember a tool referenced in this thread or maybe it was on forscan forums that allowed a comparison of 2 exported configs.

Yup first post: http://compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

I've not used it

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I seem to remember a tool referenced in this thread or maybe it was on forscan forums that allowed a comparison of 2 exported configs.

Yup first post: http://compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

I've not used it
I have that and it works well to compare AB files. But I want to compare the changes I’ve made to the original AB file. It appears That the only way to do it is to export each individual module to an ABT file, and then compare those to the original module ABT files. Problem is, I didn’t export the original module ABT files - I just backed up the whole AB file. I suppose I can import the original AB file back into the car, export each individual module, and then compare them to the modified ABT files. Just hoping there’s a simpler way to do it.

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. I had just exported the ones before making changes.

I have that and it works well to compare AB files. But I want to compare the changes I’ve made to the original AB file. It appears That the only way to do it is to export each individual module to an ABT file, and then compare those to the original module ABT files. Problem is, I didn’t export the original module ABT files - I just backed up the whole AB file. I suppose I can import the original AB file back into the car, export each individual module, and then compare them to the modified ABT files. Just hoping there’s a simpler way to do it.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried opening the .ab files with a simple text editor (vi, vim, nano, notepad, etc.)?
yea but there's alot of data in there and still no way to easily compare

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
yea but there's alot of data in there and still no way to easily compare
To compare two files either use the AsBuiltExplorer mentioned before here or reformat (add line breaks) the AB file (which is basically XML) and use any file comparing tool like WinMerge.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think notepad++ has a good comparison tool if it's just xml. You could probably even do some Excel on it.

Sponsored

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Quick question i have a 16 gt and upgraded to digital cluster and changed my rpm to 7400 via forscan will this hurt the car if i redline my car is stock with no tune only has a catback and midpipe?

Mdavis.geo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT-CS Triple Yellow
Quick question i have a 16 gt and upgraded to digital cluster and changed my rpm to 7400 via forscan will this hurt the car if i redline my car is stock with no tune only has a catback and midpipe?
Car won't go past the ECM redline so you're safe until you get an aftermarket tune. The head cluster is just a display with its own control module.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
Car won't go past the ECM redline so you're safe until you get an aftermarket tune. The head cluster is just a display with its own control module.
So i could redline to 7400rpm no issues im going to strip today and dont wanna break nothing

Mdavis.geo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT-CS Triple Yellow
So i could redline to 7400rpm no issues im going to strip today and dont wanna break nothing
Then don't redline a stock car. You WILL break the rear axles. Yeah can rev to that but if you dumped the clutch you'll be towing that baby home guaranteed. Guys are breaking the GT350 axles with a stock GT and proper tires. I think safe launches are rated around 5,500 but I'm not an expert just looking out for you as I have a 2016 as well with stock axles .

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
Then don't redline a stock car. You WILL break the rear axles. Yeah can rev to that but if you dumped the clutch you'll be towing that baby home guaranteed. Guys are breaking the GT350 axles with a stock GT and proper tires. I think safe launches are rated around 5,500 but I'm not an expert just looking out for you as I have a 2016 as well with stock axles .
Ok was gonna launch at 3000 and wont redline thanks man
Sponsored