Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I don’t know... In [MENTION=13606]Gmacguyver[/MENTION]’s post above it’s described as an IPC block and IPC blocks start with 720. Also I checked with my car’s as-built data and the modified values correspond to block 720-06-01 :shrug:
Sponsored

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hi guys! So I have been trying to figure something out with one of the modules I had changed. Post #1971 on this forum shows how to get the va/boost gauge, oil pressure, and transmission temp.

Here is what [MENTION=11222]leszek[/MENTION] said to change:

720-06-01 XX7F-8XXX-XXX

so.... I went ahead and changed mine as per his instructions and ended up with a final as built data of:

720-06-01-7C7F-8664-98AB

This did in fact enable my oil pressure, vac/boost gauge, and transmission temperature on my 2016 Mustang GT PP 6spd...

However, I have noticed that no matter how much driving I do the transmission temperature gauge never budges past 59 degrees F. It just sits there, forever at 59... so I went back and looked at my original data which looks like this (top) compared to the new data (bottom):

720-06-01-7C6D-0664-9819 (original)
720-06-01-7C7F-8664-98AB (New)

I tried just switching 7C6D to just 7C7F and not mess with the 0664 to 8664 and it gave me just vac/boost and oil pressure but no trans temp.

Anyways, have I done something wrong or does the mustang not actually have a transmission temperature sensor on the manual? I would really like to know what she is running at when driving. Thank you for helping me out! Sorry for the long post!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Hi guys! So I have been trying to figure something out with one of the modules I had changed. Post #1971 on this forum shows how to get the va/boost gauge, oil pressure, and transmission temp.

Here is what [MENTION=11222]leszek[/MENTION] said to change:

720-06-01 XX7F-8XXX-XXX

so.... I went ahead and changed mine as per his instructions and ended up with a final as built data of:

720-06-01-7C7F-8664-98AB

This did in fact enable my oil pressure, vac/boost gauge, and transmission temperature on my 2016 Mustang GT PP 6spd...

However, I have noticed that no matter how much driving I do the transmission temperature gauge never budges past 59 degrees F. It just sits there, forever at 59... so I went back and looked at my original data which looks like this (top) compared to the new data (bottom):

I tried just switching 7C6D to just 7C7F and not mess with the 0664 to 8664 and it gave me just vac/boost and oil pressure but no trans temp.

Anyways, have I done something wrong or does the mustang not actually have a transmission temperature sensor on the manual? I would really like to know what she is running at when driving. Thank you for helping me out! Sorry for the long post!
No transmission temp sensor on the 6-man. Power is not transmitted through fluid like it is on the auto (both TC and hydraulic pump to valve body), so it would be pointless data anyway. A simple oil level sensor would be more beneficial.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I bought a cheapie ELM327 BT adapter and put Torque on a tablet just to see what I could see with it. Not sure I want to dabble in this but figured I'd at least see what's what without spending a pile of money. I really just want to get at the diff temp, I have a '16 PP with a diff sensor. Torque doesn't find any diff temp value, I'm suspecting that's because it's in a part of the data that el cheapo ELM327 adapters can't see. Does this sound likely?
Totally newb at this stuff so any guidance would be appreciated. Last car I modded had points and a coil, so new turf for me.
Thanks.

edit:

AH-h-h-h, never mind. It's the cheapie adapter for sure, not compatible with Ford's stuff, works OK on some cars I tried but not my Ford. So back to Scamazon it goes and a ScanTool OBDLink MX gets ordered.

Last edited:

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
To all the gurus.... 2007 GT TPMS sensors, can they be turned off via Forscan?

Sponsored

Gmacguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP
I don’t know... In [MENTION=13606]Gmacguyver[/MENTION]’s post above it’s described as an IPC block and IPC blocks start with 720. Also I checked with my car’s as-built data and the modified values correspond to block 720-06-01 :shrug:
The IPC starts with block 720-XXX-XXX and the ABS system starts with block 760-XXX-XXX.

In order to activate drive modes on a base model you need to change the IPC code to display the drive modes menus on your cluster as well as change the ABS system codes to activate the drive modes themselves.

Remember, the key to doing this is you have to have a premium bezel installed into your base model vehicle for this to work. You must have the hardware first before making the software changes.

Gmacguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP
And just to be clear, I have a 2016 "Base" Performance Pack Ecoboost Mustang. I installed the Premium radio bezel which has the additional 4th switch, "Drive Mode." The switch did not work until I modified the As Built Information. The key is to find a vehicle that is the same year and has the same packages, but additionally has the features/package you want. I found the VIN from a 2016 "Premium" Performance Pack Ecoboost Mustang from a dealership on Autotrader.com.

I verified my VIN and the Premium vehicles VIN using an online VIN decoder. https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/

I downloaded the AB file by copying the VIN into the As Built Data Site, https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt ....... you may need to load the page a couple of times.

I compared the As Built Data by downloading the AsBuiltCompare program from, http://compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx ..... this allows you to see and compare the Hex code way easier as the OP states.

I used Forscan and the OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter, then followed step by step instructions from, http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

I loaded IPC Module Configuration (AS Built Format) and changed line - 720-06-01 from: (786D 0664 108D) to (786D 0664 1895) .... clicked write, then turned vehicle off/on

I loaded ABS Module Configuration (AS Built Format) and changed line - 760-02-02 from: (0200 026F) to (0200 127F) .... clicked write, then turned vehicle off/on

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13606]Gmacguyver[/MENTION] again, if I am not mistaken, the IPC block is 720-06-01, not 726-06-01. Maybe you want to update your posts above :shrug:

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hey guys, I glanced at the Google sheet changes in the first post and did not see this in there but you can change your tire size using the calculator below and updating the BCM 726-12-01 value. I just did it yesterday after putting my winter wheels on and it works great!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Kf8KBZxKnw_8EqU/edit?usp=sheets_home&ths=true
If you've got a tune, does it have to be flashed to stock before doing this? I changed my wheels/tires recently and I'm off by 2-3 MPH.

Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If you've got a tune, does it have to be flashed to stock before doing this? I changed my wheels/tires recently and I'm off by 2-3 MPH.
I doubt it, here is the post I originally found the info at, this guy was using a Mustang to test and did not mention anything about removing tunes. I have made many ForScan changes with my tuned ST and never had to remove the tune to do so.

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2650

Gmacguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP
[MENTION=13606]Gmacguyver[/MENTION] again, if I am not mistaken, the IPC block is 720-06-01, not 726-06-01. Maybe you want to update your posts above :shrug:
My fault, your right, the block is 720. Don't know where I got 726 from lol.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No problem, it’s called miss-typing LOL! I just wanted to point it out so that other people don’t get confused :cheers:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
At first I didn't want to use a tuner to modify my tire size. The reason why was that sometimes I bring my car to the dealership for warranty and I don't want them to update my ECU by mistakes and loose my tuner license and my tire size. I change the AS-Built data for my tire and then later on I bought a tuner and tuned the car. When the tuner asked me if I wanted to change my tire size I just said no. You could have a tune and just change your as-built data. As long as you didn't change the tire size with the tuner it won't affect it. Not sure if that make sense to you :headbonk:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone

Here is what @leszek said to change:

720-06-01 XX7F-8XXX-XXX

720-06-01-7C7F-8664-98AB

When you say it actually enabled your oil pressure. Do you mean like you can see a gauge when you click on it? Or it just show oil pressure => Normal? I have a 2016 Auto V6 and my As-Built data is really close to what you have. I just modified a bit. Instead of 7C7F I had 7C6F. When I had 6 (by default without me touching the As-Built data) I had oil pressure but no gauge for it. It just tells me if it's Normal or Low. Yesterday I changed my 6 to a 7 and I still had my oil pressure and it just says normal but no gauge...
Sponsored