Sponsored

MMR Engine Block / Bellhousing Braces for Shelby GT350/R 5.2

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Well, mine are on the way. Hope they fit well without modification. Since you tested this, why would you not supply a solution to the need to move lines?

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
i didn’t see any mention anywhere of those lines being in the way. !

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Replying to my own message...
I installed these today.
As noted, didn't take long.

My only complaint is once these are on, the factory hose and cooling tube mounts no longer fit.
I ended up using a small tywrap on the driver's side and a couple through the spare hole on the passenger side for the oil cooler lines.
Not pretty, but as long as the tywraps don't melt, good to go.

FWIW,
Kirby
Not sure if you meant by MMR or....

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Well, mine are on the way. Hope they fit well without modification. Since you tested this, why would you not supply a solution to the need to move lines?
ziptie, duh

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Similar Method, using a Billet Alluminum Bracket to triangulate the engine block and transmission. Since theirs was designed for a dry sump oil pan however, they would not work on Factory style oil pans. These Companies created this "fix" to specifically address the cracking bellhousings and blocks in the GT4 Mustang Program.

See pic below:

IMG_4134.JPG
I should have responded earlier, thanks for the response. I talked to Dean at Kohr about this and it is a legitimate issue they dealt with and was addressed exactly as you illustrated.

First thing I thought when I viewed the photo, something like this but the correct proportions :

1662225042262.jpeg

It would cost very little to get laser cut from stainless and include one in the kit with some correctly sized (locking !) hardware :like:
Exactly what I was envisioning. Props for finding that shot to make the point.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
@Mod Mustang Racing are you planning on providing a more permanent solution for moving the lines (that does not involve zip ties) and include it with the braces?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT350
@Mod Mustang Racing are you planning on providing a more permanent solution for moving the lines (that does not involve zip ties) and include it with the braces?
haha that would be a big fat "nope". Aftermarket stuff always gets you about 90% of the way there...seems like the easiest thing would be to just machine a relief where they overlap. Then they wouldn't have to add extra parts.

Oh well, I have a 2016 tech so I had to make my trans cooler from scratch. I don't believe this will be a problem for me :p

This is actually addressed on their product page. So big fat confirmed "nope".

MMR product page
Because the block brace bolts to one of the original holes in the bellhousing that the transmission oil cooler lines connects to on some GT350 applications, it may be is necessary to add a cable tie on applications equipped with the transmission cooler (2017+) to secure the oil lines after installation of the block brace on the passenger side.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Yeah saw that note on that page. And not all aftermarket asks you to install cable tie to fix their shortcomings. We also have an option for a big fat NOPE when it comes time to supporting those that do not care.

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I installed my MMR brace kit a few weeks. I agree MMR could have done a much better job of engineering to account for the brackets.

Best solution was to remove the bracket and cut it to fit the MMR brace, also replaced the included bolt with a longer one.

PXL_20221203_233214912.jpg