Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
You can talk it around in circles if you want but I think this is silly...and not that I have proof that something doesn't work (maybe it will??) - I just recognize when someone else doesn't have proof that it will.

PS - I realized you're a sponsor..and out of respect for that, I'll stop here. I'll just say I think you can do better, get some people to test it, report back...or if you have actually done this, post it up - very valuable.
I think you missed the part in our post that mentioned our Road Race/TT Team have been testing this with great results. Prior to the MMR braces we were having many cracking issues, since the installation in multiple vehicles we have had zero problems in ANY of the cars. Most would consider this "real world" results and we were pleased and confident enough with our findings and Team testing to release the product to the public.
Sponsored

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
That is a stock block and the braces are definitely suggested, the triangle casting is on all of the blocks and is the factory lateral support, the MMR braces are a Horizontal support.
I stand corrected.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I
I think you missed the part in our post that mentioned our Road Race/TT Team have been testing this with great results. Prior to the MMR braces we were having many cracking issues, since the installation in multiple vehicles we have had zero problems in ANY of the cars. Most would consider this "real world" results and we were pleased and confident enough with our findings and Team testing to release the product to the public.
I think you missed the part that mentioned my experience with MMR previously (probably when you were modular mustang racing not modular motor..” when I was specifically told that a product was tested and sold to dozens already. Regardless, I thank you; because I learned to perform my own due diligence and to ask the hard questions when someone is making claims of a particular product - I’ve saved thousands.

On to more on topic things - you mentioned Ford did this for the 500. Can 350 owners with the updated block achieve this triangulation by swapping the 500 pan?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I

I think you missed the part that mentioned my experience with MMR previously (probably when you were modular mustang racing not modular motor..” when I was specifically told that a product was tested and sold to dozens already. Regardless, I thank you; because I learned to perform my own due diligence and to ask the hard questions when someone is making claims of a particular product - I’ve saved thousands.

On to more on topic things - you mentioned Ford did this for the 500. Can 350 owners with the updated block achieve this triangulation by swapping the 500 pan?
Yes, but the FPC vibrations can cause issues with the oil pickup tube bracing

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected.
Replying to my own message...
I installed these today.
As noted, didn't take long.

My only complaint is once these are on, the factory hose and cooling tube mounts no longer fit.
I ended up using a small tywrap on the driver's side and a couple through the spare hole on the passenger side for the oil cooler lines.
Not pretty, but as long as the tywraps don't melt, good to go.

FWIW,
Kirby

Sponsored

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Replying to my own message...
I installed these today.
As noted, didn't take long.

My only complaint is once these are on, the factory hose and cooling tube mounts no longer fit.
I ended up using a small tywrap on the driver's side and a couple through the spare hole on the passenger side for the oil cooler lines.
Not pretty, but as long as the tywraps don't melt, good to go.

FWIW,
Kirby

Could you take a picture?

Thanks

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)

Thanks
I knew I should have done that.... but it is off the lift and another car is on the lift.
I'll see what I can do in the next few days.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
No, and this is because the oil pan on the GT500 connects directly to the GT500 transmission which has different mouting hole locations than the GT350 Transmissions. The GT500 oil pan by itself has a diffent bolt pattern at the rear where it attaches to the transmission, and also the oil pan is threaded meaning that the bolts come from the bellhousing side - meaning there is also no way to access/tighten them unfortunately if you were trying to make it work on a 350.

So long story short, the pan will fit but no way to connect it to the GT350 transmission like it does in the GT500 to create that triangulation.

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)

Thanks
Got the Pantera off the lift and put the GT350R back on it to change to track wheels and tires.
Here's the pics of the braces installed with my tywrap solutions.

IMG_0535.jpeg
IMG_0536.jpeg

Sponsored

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Pantera off the lift and put the GT350R back on it to change to track wheels and tires.
Here's the pics of the braces installed with my tywrap solutions.

IMG_0535.jpeg
IMG_0536.jpeg
Hi Thanks for the pictures.
If the bracket was longer could you of attached it to the hole that you have the zip ties through?

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
Hi Thanks for the pictures.
If the bracket was longer could you of attached it to the hole that you have the zip ties through?
I did consider that. The hole in the bell housing is much bigger than the slot in the bracket.
It'd mean a small bolt in a large hole.

A solution I thought about this morning (like you're suggesting) was to make a short bracket extension which bolts to the bell housing hole and then put a bolt and nut through the bracket slot.
Don't know if that's clear. I'll take that on after the track event coming up on the 10th and 11th.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
First thing I thought when I viewed the photo, something like this but the correct proportions :

1662225042262.jpeg

It would cost very little to get laser cut from stainless and include one in the kit with some correctly sized (locking !) hardware :like:

WD :like:

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
What a pain in the dick on jackstands.

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
First thing I thought when I viewed the photo, something like this but the correct proportions :

1662225042262.jpeg

It would cost very little to get laser cut from stainless and include one in the kit with some correctly sized (locking !) hardware :like:

WD :like:
Yes, exactly.
Sponsored