Sponsored

MMR Engine Block / Bellhousing Braces for Shelby GT350/R 5.2

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Also keep in mind if you have a Magnum, you'll need extra/additional nuts for the larger bolts that go through the trans bellhousing. The Magnum has through bolts and nuts and they're 3/16x16. The MMR hardware that goes into the trans is M10x1.5. So you can repurpose one of the washers but you'll need a pair of M10x1.5 nuts for the through bolts to fasten to.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Also keep in mind if you have a Magnum, you'll need extra/additional nuts for the larger bolts that go through the trans bellhousing. The Magnum has through bolts and nuts and they're 3/16x16. The MMR hardware that goes into the trans is M10x1.5. So you can repurpose one of the washers but you'll need a pair of M10x1.5 nuts for the through bolts to fasten to.
Update. The GT350 braces won't work at all with the Magnum.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Would you mind DMing me some measurements? I have a Dailey Engineering dry sump oil pan and HGT sequential bell housing and would like to use a set of these, but curious if the dimensions are right

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Sure, let me see what we can find, does your bellhousing have the 2 bolts for the shield/cover? If so, we can send you the block braces that have the longest legs that extend to the oil pan and then you could machine them to fit?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sure, let me see what we can find, does your bellhousing have the 2 bolts for the shield/cover? If so, we can send you the block braces that have the longest legs that extend to the oil pan and then you could machine them to fit?
Yep - it has those bolts for shield cover - does not have the two additional ones added to the 2018+ bellhousing that bolt to the GT500 oil pan. But I don't think those are used, right? Just the two on the bottom that secure the shield to the bell housing?

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Correct, just the original 2 holes for the shield. The only other issue now would be the height/thickness of the daily pan, and this is why we say we can send you the ones for the sheetmetal pans which are the tallest and you could simply modify the height until they line up. These are a great idea with a sequential, we have a hollinger sequential in our GT350 and it has cracked 1 block and 2 bellhousings, after we installed our braces to correct this problem we have seen no issues!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Correct, just the original 2 holes for the shield. The only other issue now would be the height/thickness of the daily pan, and this is why we say we can send you the ones for the sheetmetal pans which are the tallest and you could simply modify the height until they line up. These are a great idea with a sequential, we have a hollinger sequential in our GT350 and it has cracked 1 block and 2 bellhousings, after we installed our braces to correct this problem we have seen no issues!
Had a chance to measure the pan thickness. Looks to be right at about 9mm

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
ttt -another one bites the dust

IMG_3421.JPG
I am ready to order a set of these. Based on our previous convo (I am using a Dailey Engineering billet pan that is 9mm thick) - which braces do you recommend I order?

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
We suggest the 11-14 version, this has the most amount of material to machine down to match the pan thickness. This would be a very easy process.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)