Mix match tires

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ha ha, I really don’t want to sound like a cheapskate, I know used tires like that sounds bad, that’s why I had to ask just to solidify the decision 😂

Main reason for wanting to use cheaper tires for a short bit is so I don’t spend $1,300 to drive around on new tires for a month just to spend another $1,300 for a set a month later plus $2,000 for the new rims, and just do the new set all at once.

So I’m just doing the whole setup at onc

I’m crazy OCD about my car maintenance and do 5K OCI’s with Amsoil SS, and even regularly service my transmission.
Though despite being very on top of everything, I think I’ve only had an alignment done maybe once after I got the car… not sure if that’s bad, but I did notice it’s wearing a little faster on the inside of the tires.
So I’m trying to decide between having the Ford dealer do it for $150 or Firestone Lifetime for $200. I drive around 3K+ a month so maybe I should be doing it more often?
Ya think? You need to reset your priorities. Staying on top to drivetrain maintenance is important. But your tires are the single most critical part of your car. Coming on here and asking us to confirm that your ideas are nuts is a good thing. Having these thoughts in the first place is a sign of mental illness.

Seriously though, go buy a good set of tires, get a quality four wheel alignment and enjoy your car and your life. Happy Holidays!!! :like:

Ps. Check local reviews for the best alignment shop. It could be any of the ones you mentioned or, better yet, a local independent.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Benjamin Hundred

Benjamin Hundred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT230 Convertible
Ya think? You need to reset your priorities. Staying on top to drivetrain maintenance is important. But your tires are the single most critical part of your car. Coming on here and asking us to confirm that your ideas are nuts is a good thing. Having these thoughts in the first place is a sign of mental illness.

Seriously though, go buy a good set of tires, get a quality four wheel alignment and enjoy your car and your life. Happy Holidays!!! :like:

Ps. Check local reviews for the best alignment shop. It could be any of the ones you mentioned or, better yet, a local independent.
I’m definitely mentally Ill and nuts that’s for sure, just don’t tell anyone. Actually they probably already know 😂

Excited for these new wheels, the start to the build I’ve wanted to do since I got the car!

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to all of you guys too, seriously appreciate all the responses! 🙏❤

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Go to tire rack or discount tire's web site. Check out each of the tires you mentioned and see if the rev's per mile are the same. If they are, you should be fine if you are just cruising the interstate or easy driving. When you get your new rims put on good matched tires.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
I would never run a different tire on each corner, let alone any used tires like that. I would run a stickier rear then the front though. Used to run on my 03 mach with wide nitto radials in rear with Michelin PSS on the front and it was awesome!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I drive around 3K+ a month so maybe I should be doing it more often?
depends if you keep hitting stuff.
You can mix-match but at least get 2 of each so left/right is matched.
Sponsored