Missing driver side door handle led

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I just noticed after 2,000 miles that there is no driver side led in the handle. When I look inside the handle there’s not even the white led cover that the passenger side has. There’s just a empty hole where the led would have been.

Has anyone had this issue?
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You mean the inside door handle that you pull to open?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s there - it most likely fell inside the door...

I also didn’t notice it for a bit, because you just become used to the ambient lighting. I had this same issue on my prior (lemon’d) 2016 S550. It had to be fixed 2x.

The LED assembly would fall out of the door cup assembly, into the door cavity.

Take it back to the Dealer and have them fix it - it’s covered under your 3/36 New Car Warranty.

OP
OP
BigRed550

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yes the inner door handle. I’ll take a picture when I can today. The passenger side has a white led cap on the top part for the ambient light. The driver side is just an empty hole. I honestly can’t remember if it ever lit up or not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigRed550

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I pulled up photos of when I first got the car and it appears I did have an LED light. So it seems the LED did in-fact fall into the door. Maybe I can get them to fix my extreme A pillar rattle while they are at it..

OP
OP
BigRed550

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Well took it to ford today. And apparently the top part has some roughed plastic, which Ford basically accused me of tampering with the housing. I had no reason to ever open the housing of the handle on a car with 2K miles.

Supposedly the led is fixed to the housing and now the entire assembly has to be replaced. Can anyone confirm that?
18E966B3-DB0D-42B7-B9F0-D98EDE9A99C6.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well took it to ford today. And apparently the top part has some roughed plastic, which Ford basically accused me of tampering with the housing. I had no reason to ever open the housing of the handle on a car with 2K miles.

Supposedly the led is fixed to the housing and now the entire assembly has to be replaced. Can anyone confirm that?
Your dealer is an ass. Honestly, what difference does the assembly make? Just have them fix it.

And yes i had to go out and look at my car. Just in case :facepalm:

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT

18E966B3-DB0D-42B7-B9F0-D98EDE9A99C6.jpeg
The Dealer is not Ford, they are a franchise that sells Fords.
Sponsored