Millennial Theft Proofing my Mustang

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
yesterday I mis-judged how many miles it was to Culpepper by way of an end-run around a nasty accident on US-29 so I looked at my GPS and it said 16 miles to town, and my dash read 12 miles to empty. I short-shifted and used all down-hills to coast in Neutral. I was on hinky backroads with no centerline and little traffic. Was hoping one of the county 'thru-roads' merited a run-down garage with a gas pump of any kind. No such luck and I'm having to up and down some hills. Got to the first gas station on the outskirts of town 1 mile after it hit 'zero'. There was probably a few more miles left in there but I didn't feel like pushing the car or having to get a can and walking back.

Was glad to pay $4/gal for 93 octane from the Marathon gas company.
Don’t coast downhill in neutral. When you’re in gear and foot off the gas you’re in defco (deceleration fuel cutoff) using zero fuel.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t coast downhill in neutral. When you’re in gear and foot off the gas you’re in defco (deceleration fuel cutoff) using zero fuel.
thanks but getting shot with a high-powered rifle for being a rolling roadblock also wasn't in the equation...

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like an episode of Seinfeld when Kramer went on a test drive with gas gauge on E. :cwl:
Sponsored