Mid Corner Throttle?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I was surprised how poorly the prototype went about accelerating thru corners.
7th minute was rough - on/off/on/off/on throttle multiple times in 2 successive corners. Yeesh.
This is an older (~2005) GT car, not a prototype. They went like hell, but mid-corner took a lot more patience & discipline than this guy has.

1. Appreciate who was driving. The ability to afford a Ferrari of this caliber is often inversely proportionally to one's ability to drive it.

If Pier Giudi or Balzan was in the car it would be driven differently.

2. Similar to this GT1, the present GTE cars are damned fast. They accelerate almost as well as prototypes and they have better tires, so they lack nothing in slow corners. It's only the high speed aero they lack.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Au Rouge is at the bottom, but Radillion, the left at the top, can be just as tough. What a cool track.
So true. Purists often rightfully remind us novices (very much a novice) that Au Rouge and Radillon (turns 3, 4 & 5) are separate. However, when you drive them, they feel like a single feature. Have done it in a Megane RS (without enough experience to know what the RS was actually capable of) and GT350. I would swear to you I was flat out every time, but I am certain that if I had a track app running at the time, I'd be proven wrong.

Even more to the topic of mid corner throttle (from a novice perspective)--Schwedenkreuz...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This is an older (~2005) GT car, not a prototype. They went like hell, but mid-corner took a lot more patience & discipline than this guy has.

1. Appreciate who was driving. The ability to afford a Ferrari of this caliber is often inversely proportionally to one's ability to drive it.
Bit of a "toss & catch" driving style?

It also seemed to me that there were times he was using the gearshift lever as a hand rest when it could have been back on the steering wheel.

Norm

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Schwedenkreuz = Poopenpants

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Bit of a "toss & catch" driving style?

It also seemed to me that there were times he was using the gearshift lever as a hand rest when it could have been back on the steering wheel.

Norm
Ya, he was kinda all over the place in the cockpit and the track.

It's still a pretty impressive track, though, huh?