Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I just buy the bulk pack at Advanced Auto. Can't remember count, but it's a lot. Not good for drying as they're kind of thin. I used them for detailing, buffing, interior, wheels, exhaust tips. When they're filthy, I just pitch them. Being in maintenance for years I learned not to trust washed rags. Rag may look clean, until you feel something grinding across your paint.
Sponsored

OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Wow, now that is what you call dedication; though I would not expect anything less from you. :)

It seems that quite a few of us have gravitated to the Rag Company for their towels. I do have a few from the Chemical Guys and Adams, but mostly the Rag Company.

I haven't used the Costco towels but sure they would be up to the task also.

The Mustang is pretty forgiving, especially since I seldom use towels on it. The Fusion on the other hand is black (no ceramic) and shows every streak known to man-kind.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
I use whatever brand for interior detail and stuff but I dry with Chemical Guys wooly mammoth, great drying towel and only need 1 to dry entire car.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't rain often in SoCal so my car is really never dirty. If I get caught in something and need to do a good wash I blow dry the car before polishing. Other than that it is quick detailing almost every other day and I use Chemical Guys Professional Grade Towels. I do toss them after a couple washes.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't rain often in SoCal so my car is really never dirty. If I get caught in something and need to do a good wash I blow dry the car before polishing. Other than that it is quick detailing almost every other day and I use Chemical Guys Professional Grade Towels. I do toss them after a couple washes.
they will wash out clean though. my microfibers say wash on hot dry on tumble/low air dry.
you dont want to use fabric softener, just microfiber cleaner. the hotter the water the better, I actually use steam cycle on my microfiber towels as well. they come out brand new. (discolored) but new. they seem to stain the fiber colors overtime depending on what I used them for.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
they will wash out clean though. my microfibers say wash on hot dry on tumble/low air dry.
you dont want to use fabric softener, just microfiber cleaner. the hotter the water the better, I actually use steam cycle on my microfiber towels as well. they come out brand new. (discolored) but new. they seem to stain the fiber colors overtime depending on what I used them for.
I do use the hottest water I can but I air dry them over the shower rod or wherever I can find.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I also second "The Rag Company"

They make pretty good to great microfibers at decent prices. At this point, I probably own 80 percent of their entire lineup. Their "Eaglet" tiny edgeless microfibers are fantastic to keep with a tiny bottle of detail spray in a glove box or door pocket.

I have a bunch of bulk crappy microfibers, but they are harsh, and only good for non automotive tasks.

Boosted Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3 High Performance Package
I use Pro Elite from AutoZone in the 24 pack, they come out to a dollar each but they are a good quality microfiber towel. AutoZone used to sell microfiber towels under the AutoZone name that were super good quality but then they started carrying the Pro Elite in place of them. Don't buy the 100 pack, they are smaller and a lot poorer quality.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yes they keep shedding even after dozens of washes I can see the lint on the glass mainly
I find most regular microfiber (cheap or expensive) will lint onto glass. For glass, try a waffle weave towel and / or a ultra short pile towel designed for glass.

Premium Glass & Window Microfiber Towels | The Rag Company
Standard Glass & Window Microfiber Towels | The Rag Company
Dry Me A River | The Rag Company

dt2.jpg

IMG-9099.jpg

Also consider the Carpro Glass Mitt, this combines the two towels into one.

CARPRO GlassMitt (carpro-us.com)

cpgm100.jpg

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
How fussy do you guys get about separating towels used with different chemicals/products before washing them? For example, do you mix towels used for buffing out sealant or wax with towels used for glass cleaner or black plastic treatments?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How fussy do you guys get about separating towels used with different chemicals/products before washing them? For example, do you mix towels used for buffing out sealant or wax with towels used for glass cleaner or black plastic treatments?
Probably not as fussy as I should be.

I wash them all together. If a particular towel/s is more dirty or been used with a particular product, then I will pre-wash them under running water before throwing them into the machine with the rest of the load.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wash all of mine together. Of course I also pre-rinse all my towels before they go into the washer. :crazy:

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I have Costco and Rag Company…..wash on hot with Rags to Riches and tumble dry with no hot air… Sam’s Club also has a Membermark pack which I don’t think are as good as the Costco but for interior and other things work great.
Sponsored