Which MGW variant did you go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Just curious to see which variant people went with. Looking at the low profile myself, or possibly the flat stick.
Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
I went with the flat stick as I really like the look of it. I have no complaints and I still love it. I was worried that the x spec would have too short of a throw, but the flat stick is a little longer throw due to the stick length and I find it perfect for me. If you want a super short throw though it may not be the right choice for you. It is shorter still than stock though I think.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the flat stick as I really like the look of it. I have no complaints and I still love it. I was worried that the x spec would have too short of a throw, but the flat stick is a little longer throw due to the stick length and I find it perfect for me. If you want a super short throw though it may not be the right choice for you. It is shorter still than stock though I think.
I’m thinking about the regular version with the low profile handle. The last one I had was the x spec regular I believe.

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
I’m thinking about the regular version with the low profile handle. The last one I had was the x spec regular I believe.
I definitely don't think you can go wrong with the standard low profile. It looks like the throw distance is just a tiny amount more compared to the x spec regular. I'm sure you can't go wrong either way but not sure if there are any other differences between x spec or standard.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Would have ordered flat stick if available at the time.

Only reason for purchase was to have the shifter mounted to the trans and less slop. Did NOT want shorter throws or length.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much was the flat stick? I don’t see a price on the website.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would have ordered flat stick if available at the time.

Only reason for purchase was to have the shifter mounted to the trans and less slop. Did NOT want shorter throws or length.
Barton two post and white line bushing eliminated all the slop for me.

Last edited:

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
How much was the flat stick? I don’t see a price on the website.
I don't think it was much of a difference in price if I remember right. I don't think it's on mgws site for some reason and you may have to call to order it. I'm pretty sure you can order it from beefcake or lethals site though.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it was much of a difference in price if I remember right. I don't think it's on mgws site for some reason and you may have to call to order it. I'm pretty sure you can order it from beefcake or lethals site though.
Yeah, I forgot to ask George the other day when I was talking to him. I normally hit him up whenever I go to buy one oh his products. Never tried the flat stick option out so I’ll probably try it out.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone tell me how much lower the low profile shifter/knob is vs stock height? Thanks.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Can anyone tell me how much lower the low profile shifter/knob is vs stock height? Thanks.
This is the Steeda, I think it might be a little bit lower than MGW but I’m not sure..? So that prolly maybe kinda helps?
1638553286295.jpeg

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
George said it’s about 1” lower than stock which is exactly what I’m looking for.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I ordered the x-spec with the standard handle.
Sponsored