Sponsored

MGW shifter

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. It'll probably be really short with the X/low profile so I hope you have a knob or extension to compensate. Especially to break it in because god-damn is this thing stiff. But it's amazing though. It just snaps into every shift, as a number of folks have stated, like a bolt-action rifle vs. the OEM that somebody called "a stick in the mud". Definitely takes some effort going from the 1.5 lb Raceseng knob to the .4 lb Billetworkz and the stiff short-shifter, but it just makes for a really confident shift, especially quick downshifts.

Hit me up if you have any questions about the install since it's still fresh in my mind.
I got the Race Spec (Standard) and low profile handle...so not the X spec.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - just off the phone with MGW and their customer service is awesome. I ordered the shifter through Lethal and they were great. Of course with so many options on the MGW shifter, it ships directly from MGW. After thinking it over yesterday, I decided I wanted to order the cylindrical gripper knob setup from MGW. I called MGW this morning, got everything ordered and paid for and they are just going to add it the box my shifter is in. No issues at all. And when I inquired if it would all ship in the next couple days - she replied with "As soon as I get the knob together and drop it in the box, it should go out today."

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
You will need a new clutch to remedy that high RPM lockout.
Happy to say - got the MGW installed. No clutch needed. 7000 + RPM 1-2, 2-3 shifts with ZERO issues now after getting the shifter adjusted.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
My question is this. I talked to mgw and they said with the included pad for heat and noise reduction plus some Dynamat and polyurethane bushings that there is no added noise or vibration. I find this hard to believe being the shifter is mounted straight to the transmission. I really want to buy this shifter but I am not using it for racing or track use. This car is just for Street driving fun. Can anyone confirm that mgw is on point with this and not mistaken, is there added vibration and Noise with the shifters? Also am I going to regret getting this shifter for a daily Street Driver?
About to pull the trigger on a Xspec standard handle (21% reduction) and pair it with my half pound Raceseng translucent blue shift knob that I paid half of what the shifter will cost for. Lol

Posted this in two places***

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Many of us have this shifter. I drive mine on the street and do not have any excessive vibration or noise. For what it is worth, I don't drive around with my had resting on the shifter. I drove it on a 400 mile round trip last weekend and had my co-driver, drive on the way back and she didn't mention anything other than having to get used to the shorter throws.

My question is this. I talked to mgw and they said with the included pad for heat and noise reduction plus some Dynamat and polyurethane bushings that there is no added noise or vibration. I find this hard to believe being the shifter is mounted straight to the transmission. I really want to buy this shifter but I am not using it for racing or track use. This car is just for Street driving fun. Can anyone confirm that mgw is on point with this and not mistaken, is there added vibration and Noise with the shifters? Also am I going to regret getting this shifter for a daily Street Driver?
About to pull the trigger on a Xspec standard handle (21% reduction) and pair it with my half pound Raceseng translucent blue shift knob that I paid half of what the shifter will cost for. Lol

Posted this in two places***
Sponsored