Sponsored

MFT SYNC 3.8 has Siri Eyes Free

DaleH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50 Anniversary Convertible
For those that have installed the update - how long did it actually take to update the system once you put the USB drive in? And can you go for a drive or do you have to just sit there and let the car idle?
I'd say it took mine about 20 minutes; there are multiple reboots before it finally tells you it is all finished and you should report the install complete back to Ford via SyncMyRide.

Car just has to be running; you can drive it while the update occurs but you won't have radio, phone, etc. I'd also recommend turning down the volume; during the install it defaults back to an AM station and I had a lot of hiss coming through the speakers, given I never listen to AM.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey everyone!

We are currently working with Apple and Android on implementation of both Android Auto and Carplay to SYNC 3 in the future. Stay tuned: Media.Ford.com

I see a lot of suggestions about adding these features to the MyFord Touch. Get your ideas heard on our Social site: Social.Ford.com

How long does it generally take for the update to show on the website? My Sync site still shows 3.7. Also, does the siri command work with Android for Google now? I doubt it but I was just wondering.
Hi B0SS603,

It's possible that the download was not pushed through to your account. Have you been able to download since posting this? Siri does not work with Android phones. It is a feature on the iPhone.

I can't get it to download.
jcovaltine,

Are you receiving any error messages when trying to download? Let me know, and I'll assist.

Shaay

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
jcovaltine,

Are you receiving any error messages when trying to download? Let me know, and I'll assist.

Shaay[/QUOTE]

This is the error I receive when I click download.
dns failed.JPG

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone!

We are currently working with Apple and Android on implementation of both Android Auto and Carplay to SYNC 3 in the future. Stay tuned: Media.Ford.com

I see a lot of suggestions about adding these features to the MyFord Touch. Get your ideas heard on our Social site: Social.Ford.com

Hi B0SS603,

It's possible that the download was not pushed through to your account. Have you been able to download since posting this? Siri does not work with Android phones. It is a feature on the iPhone.

jcovaltine,

Shaay
I just downloaded and installed the update. Everything went smoothly!

As for Siri, I knew it is an iPhone function but I was wondering if pressing and holding the voice command button would launch Google Now on Android but it doesn't. I'd like to suggest that be an added feature in the future.

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Yep, did the update last night. Siri works now. Yay!! Everything went smoothly and took about 20 min.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
jcovaltine,

Shaay

This is the error I receive when I click download.[/QUOTE]

Hi jcovaltine,

Are you still getting the error message?

If so, you may want to try switching your browser and/or checking your internet connection.

Please let me know how it goes.

Whitney

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium PP
QQ, If I've got the 2015 GT Premium with PP, no Nav. Can I get this update? Supposedly the appleplay will only be available for 2016+? Anyone have an instruction guide for dummies for this? much appreciated:cheers:

DaleH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50 Anniversary Convertible
QQ, If I've got the 2015 GT Premium with PP, no Nav. Can I get this update? Supposedly the appleplay will only be available for 2016+? Anyone have an instruction guide for dummies for this? much appreciated:cheers:
Should work for you. I downloaded from Ford's SyncMyRide. The site gives instructions, along with putting the files on a USB thumb drive. Once you turn on the radio and insert the thumb drive, the car display tells you what to do. Just make sure the car stays running and don't interrupt the process on screen.

I used the Siri feature a lot this evening; hold down the voice button on the steering wheel for about 3 seconds (until you hear a beep or see Siri displayed in place of Phone on the screen) and then speak instructions - Siri will respond! A quick push on the voice button (normal) still gives the standard MyFordTouch input/response.

Sponsored

5.0onBoard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GTPPP
Guys. Im a newb, can you provide the link to the download site?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Post right above mine gives guidance.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Found that out the hard way... :( But it does install a big ass blue oval Ford wallpaper.
Does the Pony come one when its first turned on still?

TIA :thumbsup:

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange