RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Here we go again. Dealers, especially franchised, don’t give a shxt if these cars sit. It has zero affect on there floor plan. They know they will eventually sell as the supply diminish’s. The cars are also a good draw for customers and sell other models. What escapes those with comments like yours is those that have the means to pay adm’s if they wish to attain a car aren’t subject to market swings.
Right, a hypo mustang is a draw for ford customers that are walking in to by an suv or a truck. 98% of ford customers don't care about the mustang never mind a hypo one.
It isn't like it once was, that they had a line of base cars and every model had a high trim performance model, and having a top dog in the corner was a draw.
Ford sells ONE CAR the rest are trucks. the hypo mustang on the floor isn't a draw to these buyers, it is while we wait for the saleman/woman to get the numbers together, they look and laugh, who buys a 100k mustang and then pays 15-30k over sticker.
I have friends that work Ford sales, most of the walk in traffic could care less, and the online suv/truck buyer it is even less.
Your living in the past. the only ones that go, wow are those looking to buy a mustang.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If the seller didn’t pay an ADM and purchased at MSRP of $104,245 and add sales tax and insurance I would imagine the seller didn’t even break even on this GT500. I almost pulled the trigger on one a year ago but decided last minute against paying an ADM. Fast forward to a year later and can buy an excellent like new example such as this one for a little over sticker.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Right, a hypo mustang is a draw for ford customers that are walking in to by an suv or a truck. 98% of ford customers don't care about the mustang never mind a hypo one.
It isn't like it once was, that they had a line of base cars and every model had a high trim performance model, and having a top dog in the corner was a draw.
Ford sells ONE CAR the rest are trucks. the hypo mustang on the floor isn't a draw to these buyers, it is while we wait for the saleman/woman to get the numbers together, they look and laugh, who buys a 100k mustang and then pays 15-30k over sticker.
I have friends that work Ford sales, most of the walk in traffic could care less, and the online suv/truck buyer it is even less.
Your living in the past. the only ones that go, wow are those looking to buy a mustang.
It’s probably location dependent, the Shelby’s were/are big draws at dealerships around here and they didn’t sit very long. Do they help sell other models? I think they still do but probably not like they did 50 years ago (or even 20 years ago). But I do think they can still have that halo effect. Same as the Ford GT. The dealer I bought my car from is certified to service the Ford GT, they had a Ken Miles edition in for service last week and through the weekend. They posted some stuff on social media and I happened to be out that way so I stopped to check it out. There were a couple dozen people there just looking at it in the showroom post-service. So yeah, cars like that still draw attention (and the Ken Miles edition GT was badass in person btw, I have a 1:18 scale diecast of it).

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m not sure why this is so hard for so many to understand. Most buying these cars do not give two ….. about what your talking about, me included. My time, and the ability to enjoy it on what I chose, is worth more then a few dollars. I’m blue collar, bust my arse every day, but know how to make money so a few grand here and there and getting to enjoy a car I want doesn’t matter one bit to me. It’s completely ok if some one doesn’t have the means to per-sue some of these cars at the time and has to save up to do so, but to attempt to justify not doing it for whatever reason is a ….. of …. .

There’s also a huge difference between observing and contemplating and commiting.

If the seller didn’t pay an ADM and purchased at MSRP of $104,245 and add sales tax and insurance I would imagine the seller didn’t even break even on this GT500. I almost pulled the trigger on one a year ago but decided last minute against paying an ADM. Fast forward to a year later and can buy an excellent like new example such as this one for a little over sticker.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You touched on something that is reality. We’ve all walked in to a store to buy a,b, and c. And walked right out with half the alphabet. It’s no different with cars, granted not the same scale but it’s there for sure as well. Did you take some pic’s?

It’s probably location dependent, the Shelby’s were/are big draws at dealerships around here and they didn’t sit very long. Do they help sell other models? I think they still do but probably not like they did 50 years ago (or even 20 years ago). But I do think they can still have that halo effect. Same as the Ford GT. The dealer I bought my car from is certified to service the Ford GT, they had a Ken Miles edition in for service last week and through the weekend. They posted some stuff on social media and I happened to be out that way so I stopped to check it out. There were a couple dozen people there just looking at it in the showroom post-service. So yeah, cars like that still draw attention (and the Ken Miles edition GT was badass in person btw, I have a 1:18 scale diecast of it).

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I think the guy looking to buy a suv or truck, the raptor truck , and full sized bronco are more of a draw than a vehicle they are not interested in.
I know the gt500/350 and shelby guys don't want to think this way, but most are shopping online for the new/used and if looking at suv's or trucks the hypo cars are not even in the search listings . These buyers want in and out of the dealers and might look at it while there but their interest in it is zero.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
So the used car that is now pushing 2 years old sold for over MSRP. Got it. And by "like new", you mean used, right?

Also, fast forward a year later, and lots of us have enjoyed thousands if not tens of thousands of miles of our 500's. I'm sure you almost pulled the trigger. Let's see ya buy one now that they're so cheap.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I’m not sure why this is so hard for so many to understand. Most buying these cars do not give two ….. about what your talking about, me included. My time, and the ability to enjoy it on what I chose, is worth more then a few dollars. I’m blue collar, bust my arse every day, but know how to make money so a few grand here and there and getting to enjoy a car I want doesn’t matter one bit to me. It’s completely ok if some one doesn’t have the means to per-sue some of these cars at the time and has to save up to do so, but to attempt to justify not doing it for whatever reason is a ….. of …. .

There’s also a huge difference between observing and contemplating and commiting.
The point was the car being a draw to pull folks into the show room stop moving the goal post.
Many that drop by a ford dealer to buy a truck or suv can afford to buy 20 shelbys and not even notice the cost. but they are not interested in them.
If there was such a huge interest, there be zero in a dealership. no matter the upcharge. The FORD GT proved that.
How many gt350/500's/shelbys are offered for sale at any given time, new but are
M.Y. 2020/2019/2021/2022.
Ya the interest isn't as high as those with a bias(owners) want everyone to believe.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You touched on something that is reality. We’ve all walked in to a store to buy a,b, and c. And walked right out with half the alphabet. It’s no different with cars, granted not the same scale but it’s there for sure as well. Did you take some pic’s?
I didn’t take pics but I did do a walk around with my GoPro (as best I could with all the people around). Trying to get it to a format that I can put on here. Will probably have to try the YouTube route, although I have zero experience doing that.

In the meantime, here’s the reel the dealer put on their Instagram page last week:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The point was the car being a draw to pull folks into the show room stop moving the goal post.
Many that drop by a ford dealer to buy a truck or suv can afford to buy 20 shelbys and not even notice the cost. but they are not interested in them.
If there was such a huge interest, there be zero in a dealership. no matter the upcharge. The FORD GT proved that.
How many gt350/500's/shelbys are offered for sale at any given time, new but are
M.Y. 2020/2019/2021/2022.
Ya the interest isn't as high as those with a bias(owners) want everyone to believe.
Just to make sure I’m following, you’re saying there was no interest in the Ford GT because there was none in the dealerships? You do know that purchasing a Ford GT is done via an application process and Ford picks and chooses who they sell them to, right? Plus you’re talking about a $1 million race car vs a $100k street car than can be tracked. Apples and oranges.

Having a Ford GT at the dealership for service proved that it’s a draw even if 99% (maybe even 100%) will never be able to afford it. Did some of those folks do some car shopping while they were there? I have no idea, I didn’t pay attention to what others were doing. However, the fact that this dealer is certified to work on Ford’s top of the line car will definitely give people confidence in buying from that dealer and getting their car serviced there. So having that car there and showcasing will have done it’s job.

And to be clear, I don’t own a Shelby (yet) but I have been shopping them. And I think mentioned in another post, there are just a handful of new ones within 200+ miles of me. That’s it. But yeah, there’s no interest in them.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Just to make sure I’m following, you’re saying there was no interest in the Ford GT because there was none in the dealerships? You do know that purchasing a Ford GT is done via an application process and Ford picks and chooses who they sell them to, right? Plus you’re talking about a $1 million race car vs a $100k street car than can be tracked. Apples and oranges.

Having a Ford GT at the dealership for service proved that it’s a draw even if 99% (maybe even 100%) will never be able to afford it. Did some of those folks do some car shopping while they were there? I have no idea, I didn’t pay attention to what others were doing. However, the fact that this dealer is certified to work on Ford’s top of the line car will definitely give people confidence in buying from that dealer and getting their car serviced there. So having that car there and showcasing will have done it’s job.

And to be clear, I don’t own a Shelby (yet) but I have been shopping them. And I think mentioned in another post, there are just a handful of new ones within 200+ miles of me. That’s it. But yeah, there’s no interest in them.
Read that post above again,
The Ford GT had so much interest it was sold out and people waiting on their car.
Not having m.y. 19/20/21/22/23 sitting at dealers waiting on buyers,
the Ford GT they all sold ASAP..
That was my point, the gt350/500 and Shelby mustangs are not in high demand.
Some (biased owners) want everyone to believe they are , if they were, they not be sitting on showroom floors they be in peoples garages. The Ford gt proved that a stupid high price doesn't limit buyers, if they want it , they'll pay to have it.
Some here push the idea that the halo mustangs are in high demand, They are not.
Proof is dealers with new 2019/2020/2021/2022/2023 still not sold. High demand there be almost none or none to be had off the showroom floor, they already be sold.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Read that post above again,
The Ford GT had so much interest it was sold out and people waiting on their car.
Not having m.y. 19/20/21/22/23 sitting at dealers waiting on buyers,
the Ford GT they all sold ASAP..
Some (biased owners) want everyone to believe they are , if they were, they not be sitting on showroom floors they be in peoples garages. The Ford gt proved that a stupid high price doesn't limit buyers, if they want it , they'll pay to have it.
Some here push the idea that the halo mustangs are in high demand, They are not.
Proof is dealers with new 2019/2020/2021/2022/2023 still not sold. High demand there be almost none or none to be had off the showroom floor, they already be sold.
Understood on the GT, my bad I interpreted your post incorrectly.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray

Congratulations. This may be one of the dumbest things I've read this week. Comparing FORD GT demand to Mustang demand is absolutely brain dead. People buying the 500-1000 Ford GT's produced in the run literally couldn't give a fuck less how much they cost, and know that they can easily double/triple their money in 5 or 10 years.

People shopping the 350's and 500's are going to be more middle/upper middle class. The super rich probably don't think it's cool enough, why drive one of those when you have a Lambo/Ferrari/etc etc to show off. Not many people that are true Mustang enthusiasts have 80-130k to buy a Mustang.

If there was no demand, why am I getting absolutely mobbed anywhere I go in my 500. Any car show every single Camaro/Challenger/Mustang owner comes up and talks. I get filmed multiple times a day just driving my car around town. Every single Mustang owner I know dreams and aspires to have a 350/500, and I hear it from all of them all the time.

TLDR: You have no clue what you're talking about. You just sound like a hater....that probably drives an ecoboost.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Congratulations. This may be one of the dumbest things I've read this week. Comparing FORD GT demand to Mustang demand is absolutely brain dead. People buying the 500-1000 Ford GT's produced in the run literally couldn't give a fuck less how much they cost, and know that they can easily double/triple their money in 5 or 10 years.

People shopping the 350's and 500's are going to be more middle/upper middle class. The super rich probably don't think it's cool enough, why drive one of those when you have a Lambo/Ferrari/etc etc to show off. Not many people that are true Mustang enthusiasts have 80-130k to buy a Mustang.

If there was no demand, why am I getting absolutely mobbed anywhere I go in my 500. Any car show every single Camaro/Challenger/Mustang owner comes up and talks. I get filmed multiple times a day just driving my car around town. Every single Mustang owner I know dreams and aspires to have a 350/500, and I hear it from all of them all the time.

TLDR: You have no clue what you're talking about. You just sound like a hater....that probably drives an ecoboost.
Whatever you say.
Your bias is showing, what is wrong, not a hater.
just If the demand is so high like so many here claim why so many sitting unsold.
No need to answer, I won't get an honest answer.
Oh and this mustang owner doesn't dream about owning an s550 350/500.
Now a 1968/69 now ya talking.
Sad you showed your character, and clearly look down on reg gt owners and e/b owners. Don't ya get light headed from all that thin air up there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.