Maybe it’s just me?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm a Mustang fan, even through the "ugly" years. I like everything about the new one EXCEPT the front end and rear end treatment - specifically the black trim around the front grille and the "pinched" look in the back. Of the interior treatment, for me I agree with the opinion of another member in another thread, had they integrated the screens into the interior instead of going with the "stuck on" look, they'd have a better chance of getting my money.

Anyway, it's just this current interior design language. Like everything, it'll change and most likely aesthetically better, and hopefully functionally better.
I thought the same thing about the rear until I saw it in person last weekend. I actually don’t mind it and it does seem to flow with the car. I really like the front end, the GT’s seem to be less plasticky than the DH. There’s a bit of that matte black plastic around the air curtains, I wish that was body color. Other than that I really like the exterior. Base cloth seats are really comfortable. I agree on the two iPads on the base cars. Haven’t seen a premium screen yet but hoping to soon so I can compare
Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
+1 on that totally meh. The engine/drive train is a step up, but I don't want an electronic steering system. I want to feel what the car's doing going high speed turns and twists.
I hate to tell ya bud, but your car has electric power steering lol

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't think I've seen one on the road yet, but they're definitely more of a refresh to me, at least on the front and side views. Rear is somewhat different but could still pass as a refresh and the interior is the most different, pretty indifferent on it overall but wasn't worth waiting for when I had to get my new one.

You must like quite a bit of the inside though honestly, the seats, door, center console area are all pretty much identical.
The AC vents over the center console are very Camaro with the lower positioning. That’s the only Camaro vibes I get from S650. Most everything else is S550 v3 to me

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I'm a Mustang fan, even through the "ugly" years. I like everything about the new one EXCEPT the front end and rear end treatment - specifically the black trim around the front grille and the "pinched" look in the back. Of the interior treatment, for me I agree with the opinion of another member in another thread, had they integrated the screens into the interior instead of going with the "stuck on" look, they'd have a better chance of getting my money.

Anyway, it's just this current interior design language. Like everything, it'll change and most likely aesthetically better, and hopefully functionally better.

Autotrader did a comparison of interiors and came up with a "10 best" under $50K (base price). They admitted to some controversy in the process as well, so our group here is hardly unique in our opinions. I will say that some have nicely integrated screens and others have the stuck on look.

https://www.autotrader.com/best-cars/best-interiors-under-50000

(edited to include the article)
I agree with all but your take on the rear end, I kind of like it.

Sponsored

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
I don't think I've seen one on the road yet, but they're definitely more of a refresh to me, at least on the front and side views. Rear is somewhat different but could still pass as a refresh and the interior is the most different, pretty indifferent on it overall but wasn't worth waiting for when I had to get my new one.

You must like quite a bit of the inside though honestly, the seats, door, center console area are all pretty much identical.
To be honest I haven't paid that close attention to the interior parts except the screens and then I lose interest to look at the rest of it. I did look at a Dark Horse today and the blue leather looks like total shit to me.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
The AC vents over the center console are very Camaro with the lower positioning. That’s the only Camaro vibes I get from S650. Most everything else is S550 v3 to me
I see way too much Camaro in the S650, period.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I hate to tell ya bud, but your car has electric power steering lol
okay mea culpa, they both have EPAS, I'm probably recalling a Motor Trend reviewer who didn't like the all electric drift brake system. That said, I looked at how the EPAS system works and it's not full time electric control, but the hydraulics were replaced by motors.

" While driving at higher speeds, such as highway driving, stiffer steering is required and the EPAS system does not engage." I like the GT Performance upgrades but really hate the new dash.

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
I think from the back it looks more like a Camaro than a Mustang.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Its going to grow on everyone + I don't see any of the Camaro uglyness on it like most of you say..... I am sure as this S650 matures it will mature into a badass like they all do....... I remember all the "Shit talk" by the S197 folks on the S550 when it came out lol.

The IPAD screens look fine to me.....

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
IF I HEAR CAMARO ONE MORE TIME!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Just Sayin'. There's a lot of the same queues in both cars. Once you get past the headache that these pics are, you see both cars and how they line up.

Mustang vs Camaro1.jpg
Mustang vs Camaro2.jpg
Send me your address. Let me send you some glasses. If anything Chevy copied the Mustang look in this latest generation.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
Send me your address. Let me send you some glasses. If anything Chevy copied the Mustang look in this latest generation.
You get no argument from me - the bones and basic design of the S650 date back to the 2015 S550 production model, which predates the 6th gen Camaro by a year. The "unveiling" of the S550 predates the 6th gen Camaro by 1.5 years (Dec 2013 vs May 2015).
Sponsored