#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I saw my first new s650 mustang on the road yesterday.! Maybe it’s just me ? But from the outside side it just looks more like a facelift , and i Probably prefer my 2021 Gt. to the new2024 . I do realize that there is more than just what you see driving down the road. ,like technology package what do you think?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't really like it but I am glad it is still being built. Hopefully Ford will offer a retro dash for us Luddites.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I saw my first new s650 mustang on the road yesterday.! Maybe it’s just me ? But from the outside side it just looks more like a facelift , and i Probably prefer my 2021 Gt. to the new2024 . I do realize that there is more than just what you see driving down the road. ,like technology package what do you think?
It's just a facelift. It's not a "new" Mustang.

Not sure what you mean by "like technology package".

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It's the "Chargmarostang" Ford saw that GM and Mopar were discontinuing the muscle cars. Ford's 20 something design team decided to make one car for all the muscle car buyers. This is what they came up with.

Only car in history that is worse is the Homer
homer.png

:)

BIGG_RIBB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
I like the front end a little bit more that I do the rear. However, it'll probably grow on me over time. It usually does.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I test drove one last week. I can get used to the outside but the Ipads are a "hell no" for me.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I think that I don't much care.
I like my Mustang and it's paid for.
Also, no matter what it looks like in person those ugly screens are a step too far. Completely destroyed the whole interior vibe.
+1 on that totally meh. The engine/drive train is a step up, but I don't want an electronic steering system. I want to feel what the car's doing going high speed turns and twists.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I really don't mind the exterior, but I can't stand the interior and those obnoxious screens. Those alone are why I will not be upgrading.

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
There are a bunch of them down here at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach this week. I "like" the outside, but don't love it. I HATE the inside! Not one thing about the interior do I like! I HATE the screen or screens, they have no place in a muscle car in my opinion. That's why I bought my '22 instead of ordering the new '24.

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
I'm a Mustang fan, even through the "ugly" years. I like everything about the new one EXCEPT the front end and rear end treatment - specifically the black trim around the front grille and the "pinched" look in the back. Of the interior treatment, for me I agree with the opinion of another member in another thread, had they integrated the screens into the interior instead of going with the "stuck on" look, they'd have a better chance of getting my money.

Anyway, it's just this current interior design language. Like everything, it'll change and most likely aesthetically better, and hopefully functionally better.

Autotrader did a comparison of interiors and came up with a "10 best" under $50K (base price). They admitted to some controversy in the process as well, so our group here is hardly unique in our opinions. I will say that some have nicely integrated screens and others have the stuck on look.

https://www.autotrader.com/best-cars/best-interiors-under-50000

(edited to include the article)

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I think they look awesome like garbage… completely made s550 look dated AF even more awesome, and gen 2 cars look real droopy OG and sad beautiful now.

the looks are subjective though I suppose.
FIFY.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I've seen one on the road yet, but they're definitely more of a refresh to me, at least on the front and side views. Rear is somewhat different but could still pass as a refresh and the interior is the most different, pretty indifferent on it overall but wasn't worth waiting for when I had to get my new one.

There are a bunch of them down here at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach this week. I "like" the outside, but don't love it. I HATE the inside! Not one thing about the interior do I like! I HATE the screen or screens, they have no place in a muscle car in my opinion. That's why I bought my '22 instead of ordering the new '24.
You must like quite a bit of the inside though honestly, the seats, door, center console area are all pretty much identical.
Sponsored