Sponsored

Maxim write-up - The Ford Mustang That Earned A V8

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
ARTICLE HERE

A Mustang is an inherently backwards car, and it deserves the most backwards engine available: a ludicrously powerful, gas-slurping V8. We hear the cries now: the Mustang has a modern, independent suspension! It has an available turbocharged four-cylinder! The Drive Modes! Launch control! It sure does, and all of those high-tech trimmings adorn an intrinsically old school design: It's big, has two doors, and flaunts its rear-wheel power. It's not a practical car and it was never supposed to be. It's an all-American monster....
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I like how they encourage the V8, but all the pics are of the ecoboost.
The EB kicks ass too :headbang:

Saddling your pleasure-mobile with an efficient engine, the four-cylinder, undermines the whole point of the car: fun.
Oh yeah... Because the i4 no fun at all ;)

Last edited:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I think this pretty well sums it up for a lot of us:

The Mustang is an indulgence and deserves to be enjoyed in its full-fat version. Don’t get frozen yogurt in a milkshake, don’t get turkey in your burger, and don’t get a four-cylinder in your Mustang—get the V8. Do so, and you’ll be so intoxicated with V8 noise and tire smoke that you’ll forget all about the rational choice you should have made.

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I love the review, but why does the slide show feature the ecoboost. They are praising the V8, yet show pics of the ecoboost. Weird

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
The Mustang is an indulgence and deserves to be enjoyed in its full-fat version. Don’t get frozen yogurt in a milkshake, don’t get turkey in your burger, and don’t get a four-cylinder in your Mustang—get the V8. Do so, and you’ll be so intoxicated with V8 noise and tire smoke that you’ll forget all about the rational choice you should have made.
Unless your government made that indulgence cost over 100k EUR. :mad: No thanks, sorry.
It bothers me that no one in these reviews ever considers that in some parts of the world the V8 option has been simply made a financial NO-GO option unless you have the kind of money that would also allow you to buy a super car.

To me reviews like this could just as well have read:
Hey why would you buy just a Micra??? You should have bought an Aventador instead, you stupid!

Last edited:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Unless your government made that indulgence cost over 100k EUR. :mad: No thanks, sorry.
It bothers me that no one in these reviews ever considers that in some parts of the world the V8 option has been simply made a financial NO-GO option unless you have the kind of money that would also allow you to buy a super car.

To me reviews like this could just as well have read:
I just don't understand why you're hating on the review, rather than be irritated with the government that wants to control what you buy? :shrug:

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I just don't understand why you're hating on the review, rather than be irritated with the government that wants to control what you buy? :shrug:
Very much unlike this review that isn't trying to control what you buy at all. :confused:

To me it reads like: "You're not a man unless you buy a V8"-bullshit.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Very much unlike this review that isn't trying to control what you buy at all. :confused:

Well, it IS Maxim....

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lol, I read it as making rational choices normally aren't as fun as the irrational ones....so be irrational for a change and have more fun.

If the Euro gov didn't tax the hell out of high displacement cars you would be able to choose for yourself whether or not you wanted fuel economy (save money...more rational) or something a little more interesting like a v8...which definitely isn't a rational choice :thumbsup:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol but which is more fun?