Sponsored

mature discussion (CLOSED BECAUSE OF POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
So why do YOU need a gun to 'defend' yourself when all of these other options are available to you?
The answer is obvious. You have your mind closed so tell you will not change any thing
Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
So why do YOU need a gun to 'defend' yourself when all of these other options are available to you?
Because I can. Do your police not have guns? Or do they disarm knife wielding subjects with nice words and positive reinforcement?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Because I can. Do your police not have guns? Or do they disarm knife wielding subjects with nice words and positive reinforcement?
NO our police DO NOT have guns!

There are a small number of armed response units but the vast majority DO NOT carry guns.

They do have tazers, like in the US.

Tazers work well against knife users

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tasers work well until they don’t. Then you’re fucked. The use of force continuum doesn’t say to use less lethal when threatened with lethal.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I suppose shooting people through a front door is OK then?
Gonna suck for the old man to spend his final days on Earth in a jail cell because he had a gun. Or the dude that brandished his gun out his front door only to get mowed down by the police who knocked on the wrong door. Fun times with guns as always.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Tasers work well until they don’t. Then you’re fucked. The use of force continuum doesn’t say to use less lethal when threatened with lethal.
Seems to work fine here - we have no guns and lower violent crime rates. You keep waving your guns around until shooting breaks out. I wonder which is safer ?

Guns lead to escalation as you so clearly point out

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Gonna suck for the old man to spend his final days on Earth in a jail cell because he had a gun. Or the dude that brandished his gun out his front door only to get mowed down by the police who knocked on the wrong door. Fun times with guns as always.
That is exactly where he deserves to be, based on what he appears to have done. Simply couldn't have happened here. Kid knocks on wrong door, grumpy old man tells him to sod off, end of story.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems to work fine here - we have no guns and lower violent crime rates. You keep waving your guns around until shooting breaks out. I wonder which is safer ?

Guns lead to escalation as you so clearly point out
We responsible gun owners don't go around waving guns looking for a shootout. I will have one and not need it before I need one and not have it. I couldn't care less if your violent crime rate is lower. Our 2nd Amendment is based on protecting the people from the Government...something your ancestors found out the hard way in the 1700's.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
We responsible gun owners don't go around waving guns looking for a shootout. I will have one and not need it before I need one and not have it. I couldn't care less if your violent crime rate is lower. Our 2nd Amendment is based on protecting the people from the Government...something your ancestors found out the hard way in the 1700's.
Oh here we go - back to 1776 AGAIN..... The world has moved on since then even if you haven't!

So you don't care about crime rates, you don't care about upsetting other people's feelings, as long as you can have your gun to defend yourself from your own government. Makes you pretty unpleasant and paranoid.

You are clinging to an outdated constitutional amendment that has NOTHING to do with today's lifestyle. You don't need a 'militia' now, you don't live in a banana republic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I think touché applies! :cwl: :cwl:

You clearly don't have an answer to my question..... Why do YOU NEED a gun?
self defense, hunting, recreation, and some protection against the corrupt government

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You still don't get the NO POLITICS bit do you!

'more than capable of killing somebody' - YOU are exactly the source of the problem

Goodbye cowardly man
Toodles 😘

Status
Not open for further replies.