Sponsored

mature discussion (CLOSED BECAUSE OF POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
And this can only happen by Amendments being proposed either by the Congress, through a joint resolution passed by a two-thirds vote, or by a convention called by Congress in response to applications from two-thirds of the state legislatures.
Which means it CAN happen. The second amendment can be removed or amended if the process is followed. Rights CAN be removed.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
No it is really clear. The process you use is democratic, that is why your government describes it as that.

This is from your own USCIS Government_and_You_handouts.pdf (uscis.gov)

Are you saying this is wrong?

The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government. Voting is one way to participate in our democracy. Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law. Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy.

And what about this:

The Constitution establishes a federal democratic republic form of government. That is, we have an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States. It is a democracy because people govern themselves. It is representative because people choose elected officials by free and secret ballot.

Our American Government | Congressman James E. Clyburn (house.gov)
Hello; Thing is as we all know by now, Gregs is an "I am right" sort of person. He will twist and spin to try to argue he got something correct. Did such during Covid discussions.

Let me try this. Some pages ago Gregs made a few posts claiming his place had no guns and no gun crimes. Later we find a reference posted that something like 5700+ gun crimes are committed. Perhaps he will try to spin that one.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Hello; Thing is as we all know by now, Gregs is an "I am right" sort of person. He will twist and spin to try to argue he got something correct. Did such during Covid discussions.

Let me try this. Some pages ago Gregs made a few posts claiming his place had no guns and no gun crimes. Later we find a reference posted that something like 5700+ gun crimes are committed. Perhaps he will try to spin that one.
He’s like that girlfriend, we all had at one point, who’s seen it all and been through it all, and you can’t prove her wrong. I don’t know what gives me more satisfaction. Watching they/them jump at my every post making sure to try and prove me wrong or the melt downs she/her has while writing out the responses. 😂 I’m definitely having fun though.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
He’s like that girlfriend, we all had at one point, who’s seen it all and been through it all, and you can’t prove her wrong. I don’t know what gives me more satisfaction. Watching they/them jump at my every post making sure to try and prove me wrong or the melt downs she/her has while writing out the responses. 😂 I’m definitely having fun though.
You are the one posting in your echo chamber rather than actually responding like a grown up

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Here you go - I've even helped you out with a copy and paste so that you can respond to it...

No it is really clear. The process you use is democratic, that is why your government describes it as that.

This is from your own USCIS Government_and_You_handouts.pdf (uscis.gov)

Are you saying this is wrong?

The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government. Voting is one way to participate in our democracy. Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law. Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy.

And what about this:

The Constitution establishes a federal democratic republic form of government. That is, we have an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States. It is a democracy because people govern themselves. It is representative because people choose elected officials by free and secret ballot.

Our American Government | Congressman James E. Clyburn (house.gov)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
A Brit arguing with Americans about what form our government is.

We were formed as a Representative Republic, some call it a Constitutional Republic. Some in our Government want us to be a democracy, they have taken steps in that direction. One step was making direct election of Senators. Another is telling school kids we are a democracy. So lots of people think we are.

NOT YET!

My understanding of the UK system is the King is mostly a figure head but does retain authority to abolish parliament. I will defer to Greg on this as I am not a subject of the UK Crown.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
A Brit arguing with Americans about what form our government is.

We were formed as a Representative Republic, some call it a Constitutional Republic. Some in our Government want us to be a democracy, they have taken steps in that direction. One step was making direct election of Senators. Another is telling school kids we are a democracy. So lots of people think we are.

NOT YET!

My understanding of the UK system is the King is mostly a figure head but does retain authority to abolish parliament. I will defer to Greg on this as I am not a subject of the UK Crown.
Like I said he can’t help himself. He’s still bitter we broke away. 😂

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
See they won’t stop at guns. They won’t stop at knives, they will only stop when you’re absolutely defenseless. Where’s the “Only guns need to be band because they are bad crew at?”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...es-seized-police-crackdown-dangerous-weapons/
Defenceless from what? Remove the weapons and there is nothing to defend against. I suppose shooting people through a front door is OK then?

There is NO reason to have or use a large knife that has no purpose other than an offensive weapon. None of those in the picture would be of use in a kitchen!

I FULLY SUPPORT the ban of these knives.

If you don't have a gun you cannot shoot somebody
If you don't have a knife you cannot stab somebody

That way nobody who rings a doorbell gets shot, nobody who goes to a birthday party gets shot.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I disagree with the above post.
I have my CCW I got it when it was a 4 day course. 1 day was what is a deadly weapon?
Sharp stick, club, rocks, even trained hands. It is endless what is considered a deadly weapon.
What are you going to do? Ban these or educate people?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I have my CCW I got it when it was a 4 day course. 1 day was what is a deadly weapon?
Sharp stick, club, rocks, even trained hands. It is endless what is considered a deadly weapon.
You can hurt people with sticks and stones and your hands, even kill them

You CANNOT hurt or kill somebody through a closed door with your hands or a stick, you cannot kill 16+ people in one go with sticks and stones.

It is FAR TOO EASY to kill people with guns - as is demonstrated over and over again in your country. Some intentional, some accidental.

You have 700x the number of gun deaths we do because we don't have guns and the few that do must have them locked in a gun cabinet - as in NOT AVAILABLE.
You have 2x the number of knife deaths that we do (both countries have knives) - does that not make you stop and think?

UK homicide rate (without guns) is ranked 74th in the world, US is 7th - make you proud to be near the top?

Just too easy.... Keep on shooting each other ....

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So why do YOU need a gun to 'defend' yourself when all of these other options are available to you?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.