Sponsored

March 2018 Mustang Sales

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I was, and still a bit tempted to do a Hellcat. HATE the name, however.
I love the name purely for the association with the WWII fighter. The WWII fighter you see in some of the Dodge ads is a Grumman Hellcat.
Sponsored

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
The lease on my son's 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium was ending. He very much wanted to get another one but the monthly lease quote for an '18 EB Premium stickering around $35K was $430 a month. At the Dodge dealer next door he was quoted $320 a month for a $41K sticker R/T P.lus with the 5.7 Hemi. Needless to say, he picked up his new Challenger last Friday!
And I don't blame him for the choice, I would have picked that too. And your son's situation is, I'm sure, the major contributor for how well the Challenger is doing. I'm sure many others made that same choice that found them self in a similar situation.

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I agree with Big Boss about all the packages and colors offered for the Challenger boosting sales. I find myself going to Chrysler dealerships and drooling over the cool Challengers on the lot . Ford is starting to offer special editions like Bullitt and California Specials. That is a good thing.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That's the whole reason why I don't have one. I can't afford the insurance. :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Ya it's brutal. Double what I pay for the F150. It's nearly a car payment in itself lol. Don't even get me started on how much gas it drinks. But even with all that every time you hit the pedal down and open up that 707hp motor, it makes it all worth it. Plus it's purple, I mean who doesn't want to own a giant purple car that growls at traffic lol. It's like someone pissed off barney lol.

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
It's the only remaining muscle car, very comfortable to drive, tons of visibility/space and sounds like a muscle car. The problem is that is handles like a muscle car :doh:
Actually the visibility isn't too good either. There is a huge blindspot between the rear window and the rear quarters. I rented one before, I was merging onto a highway, when I went to cross over into the lane I didn't see a pickup that was in the rear corner. It's large size doesn't help either, especially when parking in tight quarters.

Of the 3 I think the Mustang has the best visibilty. Even the convertible.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Ya it's brutal. Double what I pay for the F150. It's nearly a car payment in itself lol. Don't even get me started on how much gas it drinks. But even with all that every time you hit the pedal down and open up that 707hp motor, it makes it all worth it. Plus it's purple, I mean who doesn't want to own a giant purple car that growls at traffic lol. It's like someone pissed off barney lol.
Shit, more than most car payments. lol
Even when I told my insurance agent I was looking at camaro's, mustang, challengers. He said umm, I hope it's not a hellcat thing. lol

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Camaro trolls are still clinging to rental sales. But every month it doesn’t really matter if the Camaro was in a different league it would be outselling the inferior Mustang multiple times over easily even with Mustang rental sales included. Something doesn’t add up. Even the vastly superior Challanger should be pushing way more numbers than the Mustang.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I love the name purely for the association with the WWII fighter. The WWII fighter you see in some of the Dodge ads is a Grumman Hellcat.
You do realize the Ford Mustang was named for the North American Aviation P-51 Mustang, a WWII fighter plane too, not after the horse. The fighter was named after the wild American horses. There have be many commercials over the years with the P-51 in the background, as well as wild horses.

Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
You do realize the Ford Mustang was named for the North American Aviation P-51 Mustang, a WWII fighter plane too, not after the horse. The fighter was named after the wild American horses. There have be many commercials over the years with the P-51 in the background, as well as wild horses.
Quoted for Truth!

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
From Ford's article:

Different people also invariably have unique interpretations of the same events. In his book “Mustang Genesis,” author Bob Fria quotes designer John Najjar:

R.H. Bob Maguire, my boss, and I were looking through a list of names for the car. I had been reading about the P-51 Mustang airplane and suggested the name Mustang in remembrance of the P-51, but Bob thought the name as associated with the airplane was too ‘airplaney’ and rejected that idea. I again suggested the same name Mustang, but this time with a horse association because it seemed more romantic. He agreed and we together selected that name right on the spot, and that’s how it got its name.

From “Mustang Genesis: The Creation of the Pony Car” by Robert A. Fria
You can interpret it both ways.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Yes, of course. I wasn't suggesting that the Hellcat is unique in that regard. I was simply pointing it out because my particular affection for that plane is the reason I like the name, and the plane and name are less well known.
Sponsored