Sponsored

March 2018 Mustang Sales

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
Mustang is pretty much the same price now and still sells better. Also if you read the Camaro forum section for problems, tsb, recalls etc it is waaaayyyyyy worse than m6g problem section.
I disagree. I have yet to see a single person say that their Camaro problems are so bad before 10,000 miles that they are going to sell their car like I see all the time here on Mustang6G. The most I see on Camaro6 is read diff grinding which is an easy fix, or the display bugging out which is an easier fix. Here on 6G I hear people complain about AC breaking, driveshafts vibrating, panel gaps, the tachometer going dead, gas pedal getting stuck and causing them to drive into a building, etc. As far as I know the only recall on the 6th gen was to move the trans cooling lines slightly out of the way and to secure them. For the Mustang, well, let’s hope the steering wheel doesn’t fall off while you’re driving down the highway.

Not that much of this matters anyways, people will still buy the new mustang because of the name even though it’s uglier than the last, but people won’t buy the new Camaro for the same reasons.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I

Not that much of this matters anyways, people will still buy the new mustang but people won’t buy the new Camaro for the same reasons.
I think this fixs the c6g spokesman's statement. How long is his drivel going to continue.:shrug:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I disagree. I have yet to see a single person say that their Camaro problems are so bad before 10,000 miles that they are going to sell their car like I see all the time here on Mustang6G. The most I see on Camaro6 is read diff grinding which is an easy fix, or the display bugging out which is an easier fix. Here on 6G I hear people complain about AC breaking, driveshafts vibrating, panel gaps, the tachometer going dead, gas pedal getting stuck and causing them to drive into a building, etc. As far as I know the only recall on the 6th gen was to move the trans cooling lines slightly out of the way and to secure them. For the Mustang, well, let’s hope the steering wheel doesn’t fall off while you’re driving down the highway.

Not that much of this matters anyways, people will still buy the new mustang because of the name even though it’s uglier than the last, but people won’t buy the new Camaro for the same reasons.
LOL, how about all of the camaro people that have to put a piece of effing CARPET on their dashboard to keep the windshield from fogging up? Or how about the A8 transmission shudder that hasn’t been fixed? Or how about bolts in the suspension completely backing out? Engines blowing up? Yup, that too.

Don’t kid yourself into thinking the camaro is a piece of precision engineering. It has several of its own quirks and faults…and now it looks like a steaming pile of dog shit to boot.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Chevy Camaro just made Consumer Reports 10 Worst List for unreliable cars as #10, the Tesla X was #1

Sponsored

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
Chevy Camaro just made Consumer Reports 10 Worst List for unreliable cars as #10, the Tesla X was #1
If by just you mean half a year ago in October of 2017 then yes the Camaro made the list.

Yes when I was looking at sports cars I wanted the Mustang until the Camaro refresh came out, I did not like the look of the 5.5th gen Camaro in most circumstances.

Congrats you took a screenshot of the issues thread on Camaro6. Doesn't look to me like anyone is trying to sell their Camaro due to the issues like I said. In case you haven't taken a look at 6G's issues thread, here you go: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-102.html

Both cars have problems, but more often than not I see people trying to get out of their Mustang leases and into a different car.

"On Dec 13th 2017 my Wife was driving in a 20 MPH zone and made a right turn at almost a stop and the accelerator suddenly sped up on its own which caused her to go up on the curb and hit a building." -Source

AC Problems (twice): [ame]
Clanking noises: [ame]
All this guy did was try and do a 0-60 and his Mustang broke: [ame] (due to a made in china part in the tranny)

We can do this all day, but like I said I went with Camaro due to reliability and I haven't been let down.

I tried to find the video of the guy who had to get out of his mustang lease and switched to Camaro, but im betting most of you will ignore what I say just because I own one. Sad because I still give respect to Mustangs but I couldn't risk paying that much to own one if I can't depend on it.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Go back and play on camaro6g, nobody here wants to buy your chevy drugs, Louis...Why don't you just go away?

Last edited:

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
:dnftt::dnftt:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The Camaro expert posted this a month ago.

"Hey guys, I own a 2016 Camaro 2SS that I picked up about a year ago or so. I originally was going to get the S550 Mustang GT, but when I went to the local ford dealership to test drive, it felt like I had to put both my feet and all my weight on the brake pedal to keep the car from rolling down the hill out onto the main road from the dealership. I am guessing now that the saleswoman took all of the “kids” (I was 21) that came in to test drive in the same car that may have had some issues in attempt to get rid of it to someone who didn’t know better, but at the time all I could think was man Mustang brakes are the worst! I heard the Camaro SS redesign was coming out so I waited. At first, I had mixed feelings, and I still do. I can’t decide if I like the design of the car or not still to this day (the Camaro). I went with the Chevy because I felt the Ford interiors of all their cars felt cheap and I didn’t want to “Fix or Repair Daily”. Well, since then, I have had to do a rear diff fluid flush around 7,000 miles due to a groaning sound, I had to do a fuse pull on the Display as it was doing things and clicking things on it’s own and 3 dealership visits couldn’t replicate/fix it, at around 20,000 miles I already needed to spend $2,000 to replace the Eagle F1 tires, just past that my rim cracked and started leaking air so I had to spend every day filling my run flats with air until 3 different dealerships couldn’t figure out why it was leaking. This was probably because I daily the car and it has summer tires on in the winter. Not sure. Anyways around 30,000 miles the air started leaking again and I was told it was the tread so I bought new tires, guess what still leaking air. I asked the dealership repeatedly to make sure it wasn’t a cracked rim before buying the tires, oh well didn’t find out till after that the rims were cracked. Oh and I almost forgot, around 22,000 miles I had to bring it in for about 4 hours to the dealership for a rewiring of the trans coolant lines. Last time I brought it in to the dealership at that 30,000 mike mark for the new tires, for an Inspection, and for a wash, I was at the dealership for 6 hours just for them to tell me they needed to keep it overnight! Come to find out NCDOT tells me the car hasn’t been inspected yet! I have spent so much time at the dealership I am really getting pissed off at this point and am wondering if I shouldn’t try and trade in for a 2017 S550 (new) before they are all gone instead of spending $2,000 more on a new set of rims for a car I’m not even sure I’m attracted to (loud and fast as hell though). My parents and everyone still tells me “oh no you wouldn’t want a ford that would be even worse”, but I come to you guys looking for an honest answer. What problems have you guys had with your mustangs (2015-2017) and is it comparable to what I have been going thru as far as dealership visits? Sorry for the long post, here is a potato (). "

Sponsored

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
The Camaro expert posted this a month ago.

"Hey guys, I own a 2016 Camaro 2SS that I picked up about a year ago or so. I originally was going to get the S550 Mustang GT, but when I went to the local ford dealership to test drive, it felt like I had to put both my feet and all my weight on the brake pedal to keep the car from rolling down the hill out onto the main road from the dealership. I am guessing now that the saleswoman took all of the “kids” (I was 21) that came in to test drive in the same car that may have had some issues in attempt to get rid of it to someone who didn’t know better, but at the time all I could think was man Mustang brakes are the worst! I heard the Camaro SS redesign was coming out so I waited. At first, I had mixed feelings, and I still do. I can’t decide if I like the design of the car or not still to this day (the Camaro). I went with the Chevy because I felt the Ford interiors of all their cars felt cheap and I didn’t want to “Fix or Repair Daily”. Well, since then, I have had to do a rear diff fluid flush around 7,000 miles due to a groaning sound, I had to do a fuse pull on the Display as it was doing things and clicking things on it’s own and 3 dealership visits couldn’t replicate/fix it, at around 20,000 miles I already needed to spend $2,000 to replace the Eagle F1 tires, just past that my rim cracked and started leaking air so I had to spend every day filling my run flats with air until 3 different dealerships couldn’t figure out why it was leaking. This was probably because I daily the car and it has summer tires on in the winter. Not sure. Anyways around 30,000 miles the air started leaking again and I was told it was the tread so I bought new tires, guess what still leaking air. I asked the dealership repeatedly to make sure it wasn’t a cracked rim before buying the tires, oh well didn’t find out till after that the rims were cracked. Oh and I almost forgot, around 22,000 miles I had to bring it in for about 4 hours to the dealership for a rewiring of the trans coolant lines. Last time I brought it in to the dealership at that 30,000 mike mark for the new tires, for an Inspection, and for a wash, I was at the dealership for 6 hours just for them to tell me they needed to keep it overnight! Come to find out NCDOT tells me the car hasn’t been inspected yet! I have spent so much time at the dealership I am really getting pissed off at this point and am wondering if I shouldn’t try and trade in for a 2017 S550 (new) before they are all gone instead of spending $2,000 more on a new set of rims for a car I’m not even sure I’m attracted to (loud and fast as hell though). My parents and everyone still tells me “oh no you wouldn’t want a ford that would be even worse”, but I come to you guys looking for an honest answer. What problems have you guys had with your mustangs (2015-2017) and is it comparable to what I have been going thru as far as dealership visits? Sorry for the long post, here is a potato (). "

Wow. This is a description of a poor ownership experience. My honest answer: My 2007 GT Premium had one issue. The Takata AirBag. That is all. My 2017 V6 no issues yet. It only has 10,000 miles because i have 3 cars. Notice I bought in 3rd year of the model releases. Traditionally, bugs and recalls are fixed. The 2007 GT had the JD Power top quality score ever recorded. My experience with Fords have been engines-transmissions-drive lines are trouble free. I have always experienced the EPA rated mpg or better. That is why I stick with them. Also zero rust issues, quality finish, the cars look great and hold the look.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
May 1, 2018

April 2018 Muscle Car Sales

Mustang 7125
Challenger 5892

GM has gone to quarterly reporting
GM does not report Camaro until July 3, 2018
Sponsored