Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
You pic(s) isn't showing up. It appears to be broken. I tried on my desktop, Tapatalk app, and mobile browser.

I set a VD profile up a while back and have ran a bunch of my datalogs through it from when I was using the Cobb OTA S1 tune. The numbers were always really close with Cobb's published numbers. If anyone is interested, I can post my parameters that I used in my VD logs.

I noticed that with the AFR too. I'm going to record some more logs on it to see if it can be replicated. Until I see it consistently over a few logs, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The ECUs are very finicky, so it could have been an anomaly or something more. Stay tuned and we'll find out.
Sponsored

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Try now. Was working on my computer, but not my phone. And here's the config I used for vdyno:

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
It looks like something happened early on to limit output. Immediately after making peak torque on the vdyno the log shows that your car leaned out into the twelves (and torque plummeted). This happened as the car hit 19.5 PSI at 2885 RPM, AFRs dropped from 11.47 to 12.35 by 2970 RPM, sat there for a bit, and then slowly recovered until it settled to the appropriate AFR about 800RPM later. This is something to consider looking at. You can observe this at the datazap page as well.
Ahh but you didn't plot the cam positions... highly likely it is transient scavenging to increase spool (overlap blowing fresh air through). That means the lean AFR is a feature, not a problem. Also, there's a time delay between the exhaust leaving the cylinder and reaching the stock sensor which introduces more uncertainty.

As for torque plummeting:

1) it's not measured torque, it's calculated. So there's an element of uncertainty there
2) tip-in torque reduction to prevent bucking is common and that's what it could be.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
The AFR's popping back up for a second there is the ecu preventing torque and requesting less of it, load drops (which leans out) then allows load to come back in once it gets boost in check. This car spools so fast it is almost impossible to get that small afr raise to completely go away without sacrificing the hard hit that people like.

If I were to do a full custom tune on Juben's car we could get the torque to come in less aggressive with some WGDC adjustments using Cobb's WDGC map versus the factory method. It would produce <400wtq and the AFR wouldn't have that small blip in it which isn't really effecting anything to be honest. Torque is going to drop no matter what with this vehicle because of the turbo, so might as well make as much torque as possible so your torque last longer through the rpm!

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Ahh but you didn't plot the cam positions... highly likely it is transient scavenging to increase spool (overlap blowing fresh air through). That means the lean AFR is a feature, not a problem. Also, there's a time delay between the exhaust leaving the cylinder and reaching the stock sensor which introduces more uncertainty.

As for torque plummeting:

1) it's not measured torque, it's calculated. So there's an element of uncertainty there
2) tip-in torque reduction to prevent bucking is common and that's what it could be.
:thumbsup:

Sponsored

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
The AFR's popping back up for a second there is the ecu preventing torque and requesting less of it, load drops (which leans out) then allows load to come back in once it gets boost in check. This car spools so fast it is almost impossible to get that small afr raise to completely go away without sacrificing the hard hit that people like.

If I were to do a full custom tune on Juben's car we could get the torque to come in less aggressive with some WGDC adjustments using Cobb's WDGC map versus the factory method. It would produce <400wtq and the AFR wouldn't have that small blip in it which isn't really effecting anything to be honest. Torque is going to drop no matter what with this vehicle because of the turbo, so might as well make as much torque as possible so your torque last longer through the rpm!
Thanks for the response! Had a feeling there was something in the ECU doing it, which is why I didn't speculate on the possible causes.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I thought this was a custom tune?

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
It is a custom tune, just not tailored to his vehicle. It is our canned tune which we offer for stock, bolt ons, and our P1 upgrade. Both in MT, AT, 91 and 93 octane.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
4th gear pull...... boost is lower today than usual, but it's unusually cool and humid out so I guess it's hitting the desired targets without as much boost. Anyhow, when logging timing, what one do I use? I see there are several related to timing.

http://www.datazap.me/u/gst95dsm/log-1426112020?log=0&data=0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
What are your full mods, and what are you using for fuel?

*EDIT* Just got your email, I'm going to send you a new tune file with just a few adjustments. It looks like your 91 is actually REALLY shitty lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
4th gear pull...... boost is lower today than usual, but it's unusually cool and humid out so I guess it's hitting the desired targets without as much boost. Anyhow, when logging timing, what one do I use? I see there are several related to timing.

http://www.datazap.me/u/gst95dsm/log-1426112020?log=0&data=0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
Ign. Corr. 1-4 will be the values you'd want to watch for Ignition Correction values.

Check out this thread that I posted earlier. It'll give you some really great info about your question.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18834

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
What are your full mods, and what are you using for fuel?

*EDIT* Just got your email, I'm going to send you a new tune file with just a few adjustments. It looks like your 91 is actually REALLY shitty lol.
Uhg.... great. Thanks though.

Ign. Corr. 1-4 will be the values you'd want to watch for Ignition Correction values.

Check out this thread that I posted earlier. It'll give you some really great info about your question.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18834

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I just got done reading that. Good stuff.
Sponsored