ign corrections stock map [log]

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Ok, but where's your proof of some exhaustive development which culminates in our genius calibrators pumping raw gas through the engine and making it misfire like hell under a single full throttle pull in perfect conditions?

I'm gonna need a road map on that one.
Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Cot exists on every cat equipped car/tune I've ever looked at from an oe that had to meet emissions and warranty for 80k miles. There is more to a misfire than just afr though.

-2017 ford gt commands 0.72 lambda north of 6krpm and max 0.70 in cot.
-2020 raptor 3.5l commands 0.70 by redline and max 0.68 in cot
-2016 f150 3.5 commands 0.82 by redline and max 0.68 in cot
-2017 focus rs commands 0.74 by redline and max 0.68 in cot
-2014 gt500 commands 0.76 above 3k rpm and max 0.71 in cot
-2020 gt500 commands 0.75 by redline and max of 0.68 in cot.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
2017 ford gt commands 0.72 lambda north of 6krpm and max 0.70 in cot.
Stock 17 GT commands .82 over 6K and yes it does command a max of .7 in cat protection.

I didn't look at the rest of them.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Stock 17 GT commands .82 over 6K and yes it does command a max of .7 in cat protection.

I didn't look at the rest of them.
Was referring to the ford gt supercar running the EcoBoost.
What you posted is accurate in my gt stock file, frpp tune and even roush sc file though. Frpp does use the gt350 exhaust temp model though on the frpp2/3 tunes. Tables not present in the roush cal so don't know if they left stock or adjusted.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure 0.7 or lower protects the cats. If that's what you have to do to protect the cats, then you've got the wrong cats. Also, what you're doing to save the ones you do have is a joke.

I'm pretty sure EPA economy standards aren't measured at WFO, so Ford doesn't really care if it's pig rich.

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
That looks like text book cot in the dyno log. Fords ecus have zero issues controlling fuel and a host of other variables. It's the tuners and software we all use that are limited. Hence the gains typical of a motec for tc and other inaccessible areas of a tune. 0.68 is rich but serves a purpose besides keeping that 10hp on the table.

Timing is usually added when in cot to make up for the loss from afr alone. Timing that would not usually be possible given the octane ford originally tuned for. Its when a tuner recreates the timing tables to hit numbers they want that this benefit can be lost.

Consider how many models run EcoBoost vs coyote/predator/voodoo combined. I doubt they shortchanged a single line of code on this platform. And they certainly wouldn't waste fuel unnecessarily either. The fleet mpg hit would be huge.
"Words well spoken"

I guess what brothers me most is that the guys involved, won't come clean!

I'm not going to pursue these guys legally, so I'll let the car world know, As a result of all the issues I was having at the NMRA Spring Break Shootout, I took my car over to another racer, who is an authorized Cobb tuner. I told him about every modifications on my car and what fuel I was burning, etc. And he told me that there was no possible way that my car will ever run correctly if tuned under the "green fast" (??) restricted Cobb Accesstuner! He even showed me a copy of the letters he has sent his customers, keeping them informed and updated.
He also told me that there isn't anything he or any other authorized dealer can do, using the update software.
I later confirmed this information with a Cobb representative.

I still don't like the idea of Cobb or anyone, locking the information on my ECU in my vehicle. But I am pleased, that Cobb is doing the right thing, as far as the EPA/CARB organization.

I also confirmed, that as far as the EPA/CARB is concerned, I can make the necessary electronic modifications to my car without removing any aftermarket parts, provided, my vehicle is used solely, off road, or what I call a designated race car.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Ok, but where's your proof of some exhaustive development which culminates in our genius calibrators pumping raw gas through the engine and making it misfire like hell under a single full throttle pull in perfect conditions?

I'm gonna need a road map on that one.
Are you referring to a "burble" tune?
That's basically what a burble does, dumps raw fuel into your combustion chamber!??
And you probably already know this, the best way (and the most difficult, as far as tuning) is by using your ignition and cam timing tables to control the misfires, to reduce the risk of engine damage. The other way is very dangerous, but very easy, as far as tuning, is to just fill your combustion chamber with fuel and let the heat of your motor ignite the fuel, wherever that may happen!??
I don't recommend either.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I'm sure 0.7 or lower protects the cats. If that's what you have to do to protect the cats, then you've got the wrong cats. Also, what you're doing to save the ones you do have is a joke.

I'm pretty sure EPA economy standards aren't measured at WFO, so Ford doesn't really care if it's pig rich.
Something that is easy for me to forget, (.as an Ecoboost owner) is that 4 cylinder turbocharged motors have been around for decades. Guys in other parts of the world were making 1000+ horsepower years before any of us ever purchased our S550 Mustangs.
And they have documented, forced induction motors can run "pig rich" without a reduction in power, and that this extra fuel helps to reduce the risk of detonation.
Why are manufacturers and tuners running todays motors lien...?
My guess is emissions... maybe?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
And they have documented, forced induction motors can run "pig rich" without a reduction in power, and that this extra fuel helps to reduce the risk of detonation.
But you do realize there is a limit, right? You don't win extra points for pumping raw fuel through the engine. For the record, it's not detonation which is the issue. It's ignition. When you are putting so much fuel to the engine that it doesn't run, you're doing it wrong.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
But you do realize there is a limit, right? You don't win extra points for pumping raw fuel through the engine. For the record, it's not detonation which is the issue. It's ignition. When you are putting so much fuel to the engine that it doesn't run, you're doing it wrong.
Yes, of course! In other parts of the world, cars are tuned while on the Dyno, with the Tuner sitting in the cockpit, making live adjustments.
This is where most of the documented data, used by builders, tuners and racers, comes from.
Small displacement forced Induction motors have been modified for decades in other countries.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I also confirmed, that as far as the EPA/CARB is concerned, I can make the necessary electronic modifications to my car without removing any aftermarket parts, provided, my vehicle is used solely, off road, or what I call a designated race car.
Actually EPA/CARB says any vehicle with a VIN# cannot be modified for race only and must retain all emission controls.

This is being fought by enthusiasts. Look up the RPM act.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yes, of course! In other parts of the world, cars are tuned while on the Dyno, with the Tuner sitting in the cockpit, making live adjustments.
This is where most of the documented data, used by builders, tuners and racers, comes from.
Small displacement forced Induction motors have been modified for decades in other countries.
So riddle me this, Batman, why didn't they do this work in Dearborn? I did it on mine within 2k miles of owning it and with a decent engine calibrator it doesn't take very long to get it right. The tools Ford has are miles ahead of what can be done with an AP. Why are you attempting to defend their incompetence?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The wasted gas is another EPA gaff. They wanted cold starts to light off the cat quicker. The way the car companies implimented it was to put the cats closer to the engine, then to keep them alive for the mandated 80K warranty they dump fuel to keep them cool. They don't care about WOT drivability just a HP number.

Ranebowcyxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2023 Auto Ecoboost, 2020 Tesal Model 3
Quick light off CATs been around for close to 30 years.
I have a question for the OP, did you notice how much hotter your engine temps were with AFR under 9?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)