Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Check this out: http://www.datazap.me/u/adamatmap/log-1426017060?log=0&data=1-4

That's my third gear pull log that I recorded this evening for Adam. Everything looks mint! :headbang:

Adam linked me to datazap.me which is an awesome way to review your datalogs and see what's happening in them. Check out the website! You can make your own account too for free and post your logs for others to see as well. :cheers:

By the way, in regards to the tune, it feels great so far and pulls a good bit harder than the OTS Cobb tune. :eyebulge: Adam said there's still a little bit left in mine as well, so it can still get better which is pretty amazing considering I'm only intake and colder plugs right now.

When you guys record some logs, make sure and post them up too.
Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Check this out: http://www.datazap.me/u/adamatmap/log-1426017060?log=0&data=1-4

That's my third gear pull log that I recorded this evening for Adam. Everything looks mint! :headbang:

Adam linked me to datazap.me which is an awesome way to review your datalogs and see what's happening in them. Check out the website! You can make your own account too for free and post your logs for others to see as well. :cheers:

By the way, in regards to the tune, it feels great so far and pulls a good bit harder than the OTS Cobb tune. :eyebulge: Adam said there's still a little bit left in mine as well, so it can still get better which is pretty amazing considering I'm only intake and colder plugs right now.

When you guys record some logs, make sure and post them up too.
What does the throttle plate look like on this pull?
Just curious:ninja:

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
What does the throttle plate look like on this pull?
Just curious:ninja:

Ask away! The throttle plate staying open the full pull is what I was targeting with my tune. If you click the link in the first post, there is a legend underneath the graph. There you can select what you want to view, ETC Angle is what you are looking for!

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask away! The throttle plate staying open the full pull is what I was targeting with my tune. If you click the link in the first post, there is a legend underneath the graph. There you can select what you want to view, ETC Angle is what you are looking for!
You ok with those afrs on this platform? I mean I guess you are since that's what your running. I thought this engine liked it a little richer?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You ok with those afrs on this platform? I mean I guess you are since that's what your running. I thought this engine liked it a little richer?
It's staying around 11.5 (average), so I'd feel comfortable with that. My Fusion stayed around an 11.7-11.8 average and I never had any issues. All the 4 cylinder EB engines are very similar, so 11.5 feels solid and safe to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
11.4 is target AFR for my tune, running 93 octane. You can click "knock #3" from the legend on the link above and notice that there is no knock. There was also no forced timing corrections done by the ECU, meaning there wasn't a detection of knock events.

The car loses power when it is ran any richer than 11.0:1 AFR, I have tested it multiple times. From the factory it runs VERY rich, but that is for safety more than performance.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11.4 is target AFR for my tune, running 93 octane. You can click "knock #3" from the legend on the link above and notice that there is no knock. There was also no forced timing corrections done by the ECU, meaning there wasn't a detection of knock events.

The car loses power when it is ran any richer than 11.0:1 AFR, I have tested it multiple times. From the factory it runs VERY rich, but that is for safety more than performance.
Ok

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
well that looks very promising!
ETC Angle looks great - thank you!

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Adam linked me to datazap.me which is an awesome way to review your datalogs and see what's happening in them. Check out the website! You can make your own account too for free and post your logs for others to see as well. :cheers:.
Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
well that looks very promising!
ETC Angle looks great - thank you!
Everything looks great! Adam has done an excellent job once again.
Thanks for sharing!
Your welcome! It's a pretty awesome tool and I try to share things like that when I come across them. Thanks to Adam for sharing it with me.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Everything looks great! Adam has done an excellent job once again.

Your welcome! It's a pretty awesome tool and I try to share things like that when I come across them. Thanks to Adam for sharing it with me.

No problem, be sure to donate on the link if you use it pretty often!

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
This is so cool! I just signed up and am looking forward to getting some good logs to review.

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
This is so cool! I just signed up and am looking forward to getting some good logs to review.
Awesome! Don't forget to post them up so we can view them too. :) My nerdy side loves stuff like that!

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Looks good, that's a cool tool. Made a profile of your car in Virtual Dyno since we haven't really seen any on this platform yet.

Before going further, understand these are just rough numbers and I may have missed something when building it out. Gonna discuss the log from the datazap page while going to the vdyno as well.

Pulled the gear ratios and weight off Ford's website for the auto(PDF), input 3.55s, and assumed you had no other mods (such as tire/wheel). The vehicle config tab is attached.
Some notes regarding the configuration:
  1. I don't have the coefficient of drag or frontal area to input. I used the numbers from the 2010 mustang GT (0.36 and 24 ft^2).
  2. These numbers are based on a dynojet correction factor.
  3. I used a tire diameter of 27.03 inches(I'm sure this is a bit off, it's just calculated using willtheyfit's wheel and tire size calculator).
  4. Driver/occupant weight is in there as 200lbs.
  5. Ambient conditions weren't input, so it could sway things a bit.
  6. The road used could drastically impact results. Things like an incline, slight turns, bumps. All of them can ruin a the accuracy of a vdyno.
There are two plots. One is as I downloaded it, the other was made after revising the log, but isn't necessarily more accurate(thinking on it more I really don't think that it's accurate). Though I tried to be thorough, being a first run at this with this car, the power numbers could be off.

It looks like something happened early on to limit output. Immediately after making peak torque on the vdyno the log shows that your car leaned out into the twelves (and torque plummeted). This happened as the car hit 19.5 PSI at 2885 RPM, AFRs dropped from 11.47 to 12.35 by 2970 RPM, sat there for a bit, and then slowly recovered until it settled to the appropriate AFR about 800RPM later. This is something to consider looking at. You can observe this at the datazap page as well.

The HP itself may seem low, but Juben and MAPerformance already stated themselves that there was more in the car. There are also factors in vdyno that could be off (weight, tire diameter, etc).

Peak power and torque numbers aside, since there's a bit that could cause high or low readings, I'd really like to know what caused the car to lean out a little at WOT.

(Don't construe this as an attack on MAPerformance, I just did this for fun and that's how it came out. Actually impressed with their work. I'm just curious for input, and terrible with phrasing.)
Sponsored

Last edited: