Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
BG is smoother based off people that have ran both. I don't even have my car til the last week of june. I cant personally tell you from experience. Ill be using the BG.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby PP with some goodies
If like to introduce myself, I love my 16 Ford Mustang Gt pp.. But they're have been some issues. Body panel issue clearcoat bubble and a dimple.. The biggest issue at first was the thud. After several attempts to the dealers. Explaining the issue. Along with a noisy clutch engagement sound. Like the forks clapping or chatter. They ignored and tried to say the issue is normal. The clank sound and the drive shaft thud.. They finally replaced the driveshaft, the thud is gone. They found it to have exessive slack. I've been to three dealers. My dealership is by far the worst. The second dealership gave me issues. Even a cursing match I'm not even kidding... Any way to make a long story short. I purchased the mustang Jan 3 2016. It had 170 miles on it. They had it since sept 2015.. I feel with the test drives and finding launch control was active and on after I understood what LC meant when lit. Someone or with the test drives of course didn't break the clutch in properly and cause my issues with the chatter. Anyway it's late. My car is now at a dealership they've had it two days and haven't even looked at it. To see what's up with the chatter. Btw the throw out bearing is making chirping sounds. When clutch is pushed in it goes away. Also been in contact with ford customer service regional managers and it's like pulling teeth. This is a freaking brand new car. I've own a Dodge Charger for 7 years put 210k on it. Only issues I ever had. Tie rods and motor mount and window regulater. Granted tierods a at 130k. This is about ridiculous. I have a lemon claim if I want to follow through. I don't want to but will see after this experience with this dealership.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford was directly contacted and they directed replied they are fully aware of the condition and the car is operating normally.
Ford's ignoble response is what angers me and so many others suffering with this problem. What good is a Ford warranty if the company sees product defect or failure as 'normal operation.' This is a clear case of breech of the corporate warranty contract. I see it as an intentionaltort. This could be the makings of a legitimate class action lawsuit.
Amen!!!! Exactly my issue.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If like to introduce myself, I love my 16 Ford Mustang Gt pp.. But they're have been some issues. Body panel issue clearcoat bubble and a dimple.. The biggest issue at first was the thud. After several attempts to the dealers. Explaining the issue. Along with a noisy clutch engagement sound. Like the forks clapping or chatter. They ignored and tried to say the issue is normal. The clank sound and the drive shaft thud.. They finally replaced the driveshaft, the thud is gone. They found it to have exessive slack. I've been to three dealers. My dealership is by far the worst. The second dealership gave me issues. Even a cursing match I'm not even kidding... Any way to make a long story short. I purchased the mustang Jan 3 2016. It had 170 miles on it. They had it since sept 2015.. I feel with the test drives and finding launch control was active and on after I understood what LC meant when lit. Someone or with the test drives of course didn't break the clutch in properly and cause my issues with the chatter. Anyway it's late. My car is now at a dealership they've had it two days and haven't even looked at it. To see what's up with the chatter. Btw the throw out bearing is making chirping sounds. When clutch is pushed in it goes away. Also been in contact with ford customer service regional managers and it's like pulling teeth. This is a freaking brand new car. I've own a Dodge Charger for 7 years put 210k on it. Only issues I ever had. Tie rods and motor mount and window regulater. Granted tierods a at 130k. This is about ridiculous. I have a lemon claim if I want to follow through. I don't want to but will see after this experience with this dealership.
I have the same problem and can't get ford to.do shit. They call it normal. I feel there should be a lawsuit..

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny how the Ford rep disappeared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny how the Ford rep disappeared
Two Ford reps disappeared and they will close the case. It's comforting to see everyone that has the same issue. lemon will be next, what's sad is I like the car. The issues make the the experience not favorable.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Like I said, this is my last Ford product. Let Ford chew on lost trust and sales. Ford is their own worst enemy.
FORDDD.jpg

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The thud is a "problem" Why? Just curious?
Driven a few others. With a light thud here and there. With mine it would literally feel like thunder, lol every shift. It was more of a violent boom in the seat of the pants coming from the diff area, People would say what the hell is that? . It was annoying! They replaced the driveshaf do to expensive play slack, I haven't had another thud yet and it's been 6k miles, What a night and day difference. If it was still there, after the replacement, I would have done the irs and dif bushings.

roxyshow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My 2015 Gt does this, its awful sound,

Let's get those Ponies running smooth, Tele5.0, MustangDirector, and Mangrove Mafia.

Checking in with your dealer is a great first step; let me know when you do so.

Also, as I'm seeing this is more than an isolated case, I want to document your product feedback. If interested, please send me your VINs and any additional details about the noise you are hearing while shifting.

Rachel
vin#1FA6P8CF1F5336214
car now has 3000 miles, several times i thought i was rearended the thunk was so bad. if you take it out of gear and depress clutch , then put it in gear it clunks horribly, the drivetrain rattles awful at low speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well ... Car sat in the parking lot for 5 days. Didn't even take it for a test drive. Went to pick it up. Two weeks before they can look t it now. I'm over this.. 6 months owner ship. All these issues. I'm contacting my lawyer this week. I'm going to file a lemon claim. Have more then 4times same issue and multi other issues, all these issues were brought up the first week..

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Some of you are damn bitch made. I explained what it is. Nothing is mechanically failing. Nothing is going to get fixed. I stated what owners need to do. If you cant take an ex ford master techs word for it, you're dense. Sell the car, cry babies. Go buy a luxury car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of you are damn bitch made. I explained what it is. Nothing is mechanically failing. Nothing is going to get fixed. I stated what owners need to do. If you cant take an ex ford master techs word for it, you're dense. Sell the car, cry babies. Go buy a luxury car
Number one... My thud has been fixed, drive shaft replaced excessive play. No thud for 6k miles. My issues... Car was bought with 170 miles LC on... I
The clutch engagement isn't smooth and makes much louder audible Clank Clake noises chatter prolly from hot spots on the clutch, now the throwout bearing is making noises at idle, clutch depressed goes away, and come from A few manuals I've owned. I've driven my friends 15, 16 mustangs and 5 new ones. Some have had the thud hit or miss but not every damn shift! The clutch engagement isnt smooth and quiet. Friends 15 Gt 11k no noise and smooth.. The other issues is both front fenders not lined up properl still not even like others. Clearcoat bubble on passenger door. Dimple on rear quarter panel. Now when I turn the car left their is a popping noise like a tie rod issue.. So if you read anything I stated a previously it wasn't just a thud.. And yes most can solve the thud with bushings. My issues are with ford not doing their ****** job and fixing it! When you spend 35k on a car you'd expect to have no issues.. Again these where states the first week. Two ford reps have been contacted and given the run around, stating the fenders have some tolerances and it's normal.. No it's not normal it's just another way of blowing their customers off. So ex ford tech... Why is my thud gone if it's "normal" ? Bitch made ... Well I'm glad you're an ex Ford tech.. Because they have more excuses then fixes
Sponsored