Sponsored

manual trans gets noiser when warm

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Yep more noise after longer drives,harsher as well. This with stock fill.
Sponsored

GeeTeeFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual - Stock, 3.55, 34 psi x 4, Magnetic
I totally agree about the Honda manual transmissions. Any Honda or Acura (especially) that I have driven have practically shifted themselves. I guess the rougher nature of our MT82s go better with the car. At least that's what I tell myself, lol.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Best manual transmission i ever had was my 1999 e36 323is coupe. It was perfect. Smooth, communicative and never had me shaking my head when i shifted less than perfect. Its like manufacturers want the world to be rid of manuals. If ford continues with the mt82 in the s650, i will own my first automatic.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I'm not going to say the Mt-82 is the best transmission ever. I am not going to say it's the worse. I do like it though. I actually loved my T56 in my 03 Cobra when I had her. The 5 speed in the 05 mustang GT was alright. I
To me the Mt-82 is noisy and my wife when she drives the car always is scared something is broke or going out because she can hear the sounds. I like the fact that I can hear mechanical sounds. I feel "more in sync" with the car. If I can hear the sounds the car usually makes I can know when the car is not right and I need to check something out. Hearing fuel pumps whirr up and what not to me that's all part of having a fun sports car. It comes with the territory. For everyone who thinks these 15-20 mustangs make sounds take a ride in some real old school vehicles. 60 - 70 muscle cars.
Sponsored